• SUB: Browne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Henry

• SUB: Stevens

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well done Oxford. Missed todayโ€™s game but a good result. Nice to see Harris on the scoresheet again.

I havenโ€™t seen the highlights either but the stats are beginning to tell a story for Lincoln, every week. There are a couple of nuts loose on their wheels for sure.
Itโ€™s an opinion rather than fact, granted, but we are playing the best of all the 6th place chasers. I donโ€™t think weโ€™ll catch Barnsley.
Yep, I've mentioned it a few times but when you see 5-0 wins back to back you assume they're playing teams off the park and it wasn't the case. They were scoring a ridiculous amount (I think around 69% of their shots on target went in over those 5 games) and getting all the luck the other way (off the top of my head it was something like 7% of shots on target went in). Never sustainable in a million years and today they were incredibly fortunate to not concede a penalty first half, as well as riding their luck in normal play.

I'd also say I thought we were fortunate to not concede at least 1 against Fleetwood and although delighted with the performances I'm not going to get too carried away from beating Fleetwood and Burton. Saturday will be a lot tougher but we're capable. I do have some pretty serious concerns about trying to play Brannagan in midfield on his own against the better teams mind if he's fit but that's next Saturdays problem.

What did you think of Lincoln compared to us?
Thought they had that classic look of a league one side doing well. Big and physical, lots of balls into the box (see their goal), winning the percentages. Reading were cutting through them very effectively though going forward, got into some extremely useful positions. Surprised they showed so little fight after being drawn level - and a poor goal to concede.

As I say, a side that looked like they played the percentages well, and were benefitting from the run of good form giving them that slight edge in that percentage game. As weโ€™ve seen with Stevenage, who have done much the same this season, that will only take you so far. Not unassailable by any means.

(All of the above with the massive caveat that Iโ€™ve watched precisely 30 mins of Lincoln football in the last 4 months!)

2 absolutely enormous shout outs as well. Harris who has played pretty much every game due to our January transfer f**k up, has had lean spells but a very decent first full season.

Josh Murphy is so far above this league itโ€™s untrue. Genuine Championship class.

Barnsley win, 3 red cards for Stevanage. Letโ€™s not get ahead of ourselves ๐Ÿ˜‰
Not so much getting ahead of ourselves as hoping Barnsley can get dragged into it in case we say lose to Lincoln.

Best we've seen of McEachran so far, very good when he stepped in today when Brannagan went off injured. Credit across the pitch really but especially so for Moore and Murphy who were both standout, and the aforementioned McEachran plus Leigh, who also did well after coming back in.

Burton poor but was very difficult conditions and on another day could have been quite the banana skin. Des got his set-up spot on today.

Just got back. What a fantastic all round performance from back to front. Yes burton are a poor side, but we still had to turn up and put in professional performance and get the win and thatโ€™s what we did. Moore and Brown were excellent, dealing with their long throws and set pieces especially in the first 20 minutes before we got the first goal. Long and Leigh were solid too. McEachran did really well after replacing cam( the only negative thing to come out of the game was camโ€™s injury. Hopefully itโ€™s not too bad). Harris led the line superbly, holding the ball up and took his first goal brilliantly. Murphy MOTM, was just unplayable, just ripped burton apart, brilliant to watch. Excellent all round team performance. COYY

Re Lincoln, its always interesting when the long term chaser becomes the chased. The pressure of expectation on players changes. Some cope some don't. After today, the 3 home games become pivotal, beat Lincoln and we can then afford to lose one of the last four.
Not sure we have improved much, we have beat 2 conference standard teams 4-0, yet until we scored the second with Brannagan off, it wasn't comfortable. Moore Murphy and Harris were stand out today.
Praying Cam and Moore are fit for next week.
Looking forward to see how this style copes with decent League 1 sides rather than relegation fodder.
Irrespective of our views on Des, we have our part to play for those games.

Re Lincoln, its always interesting when the long term chaser becomes the chased. The pressure of expectation on players changes. Some cope some don't. After today, the 3 home games become pivotal, beat Lincoln and we can then afford to lose one of the last four.
Not sure we have improved much, we have beat 2 conference standard teams 4-0, yet until we scored the second with Brannagan off, it wasn't comfortable. Moore Murphy and Harris were stand out today.
Praying Cam and Moore are fit for next week.
Looking forward to see how this style copes with decent League 1 sides rather than relegation fodder.
Irrespective of our views on Des, we have our part to play for those games.

I am expecting that Peterborough may bring us crashing back down to earth, but I will remain hopeful nevertheless.

I just wanted us to get to Lincoln at home still very much in the frame and todays results do that ๐Ÿ‘

I am so looking forward to the next 3 home games. Come on BoD, throw in some big incentives to give us every chance of filling the ground ๐Ÿฅณ

I thought Dale was very subdued myself, Murphy and Harris though were fantastic.
Fantastic win absolutely delighted, well done Yellows.

Re individual performances, it sometimes depends who that player is up against in terms of individuals and team formations. So just for example maybe Dale was identified as a massive threat and dealt with accordingly and maybe Sam Long had a good game as no one of any note was up against him. Just making the point really that from game to game different players performances vary massively based on who they are up against and how the opposition set up.

Forgetting any of that though, it was a great result today and important that Lincoln only drew, gives us a massive chance of the play-offs now. CB puts a bit of a dampener on things if it means heโ€™s unavailable for the forthcoming 3 games in 7 days, similarly anyone else who may struggle with our upcoming schedule, Moore?. We are a bit thin on the ground in some keys that could bite us where it hearts, which is worrying.

COYY

Fantastic win absolutely delighted, well done Yellows.

Re individual performances, it sometimes depends who that player is up against in terms of individuals and team formations. So just for example maybe Dale was identified as a massive threat and dealt with accordingly and maybe Sam Long had a good game as no one of any note was up against him. Just making the point really that from game to game different players performances vary massively based on who they are up against and how the opposition set up.
'Absolutely delighted' but I'm still going to have a dig at Sam Long!

'Absolutely delighted' but I'm still going to have a dig at Sam Long!
To be fair he was only poor today compared his usual dreadful. Poor guy tries his best but regularly that just ain't good enough. Towards the end I thought somebody might have to untie the knot his legs go into trying to tackle the attackers down our right.

17 goals (so far) is a great return in his first full season as first choice striker. I think he's been a great signing and a marked improvement on Joseph. If he can become less 'streaky' and stop the long goal droughts there's no reason he can't be a 20+ goal a season striker at this level.

Back
Top Bottom