• SUB: Browne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Henry

• SUB: Stevens

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quite enjoying Desball recently. The pace and power of our counterattacks the last two games especially has been lethal. As difficult as it was to see his "style" the first few months of his reign, it's been very clear since the Bolton debacle, and it's been fun to watch.

Hitting form at the right time, just got to hope none of the injuries are serious and keep that faith.

Brannagan rolled his ankle in training on Thursday apparently, so was that again today (says Des on RadOx).

Well at last a properly balanced performance that would be very difficult to find fault with. Poor opposition again, yes, but our defending from back to front was light years betters than it has been, our purpose on the ball and ways of breaking them down was significantly better and more varied and just for a moment we looked like the real deal again.

No complaints from me. It is merely job done, but job well done. Bigger tests to come which will be the true gauge of whether we turned a corner this past week. On to the next.

Not sure what to think with Murphy. He’s been a breathe of fresh air the last 5 games. Long May it continue.

There is clearly a player in there that’s beyond Lge 1.

Today we demolished a very poor Burton Albion side, that gifted a goal or two, but you still have to finish them, and we did. Likewise with Fleetwood. They both look doomed!!

It’s a pity we dropped 2 points at Shrewsbury, because they were there for the taking too. Nevertheless we are now back in the top six, and I honestly didn’t think we’d get back in there. Now it’s in our hands!! Amazing turn around for the team, and Des. Credit where it’s due, but we aren’t there yet.

Did you notice that when Cam went off, Des called Rodrigues over to give instructions to pass on to others. Seems a strange thing to do with a player that had downed tools and didn't want the manager around?

Of course, the 6 months of not playing for the manager might have miraculously changed overnight and they might be best buddies now. Or it might have been a load of old shite in the first place?

Who knows?!

10 points from 4 games. Think we actually needed that Bolton hammering because it looks to have sharpened us up

Quite enjoying Desball recently. The pace and power of our counterattacks the last two games especially has been lethal. As difficult as it was to see his "style" the first few months of his reign, it's been very clear since the Bolton debacle, and it's been fun to watch.

Hitting form at the right time, just got to hope none of the injuries are serious and keep that faith.
I agree. Maybe the Bolton humiliation was a blessing in disguise, a proper wake up call for Des and the players.

In a weird way, it seems to have galvanised them. Good to see such a positive reaction.

Two great performances now on the trot. COYY! V happy for the team and Des. Just now on RadOx, Des sounding so much more INVOLVED.

Previously in interviews he seemed so weary, almost a spectator.. Dare I say he seems to be finding his stride, and I think him implementing his own ideas rather than trying to follow on from what manning had already been doing is starting to find bloom.

Good on him and the team 👍🏼👍🏼

Maybe leaving a couple out of the squad has given him a bit more authority? Players know where the line is now.

I agree, I really like this 4-1-2-3 that he’s playing now and I hope we don’t stop doing it against the better sides. It seems very attacking but actually it’s not as much as you think as the fullbacks don’t bomb on as much so you still have 3-5 defensive players back. I don’t think 4-2-3-1 works when your fullbacks don’t bomb on so let’s keep doing what we’re doing and attack the better sides just as much!

What are we hoping for from the Stevenage Barnsley game in midweek then?

Back
Top Bottom