Away Match Day Thread 06/01/2024: FAC R3 Cov City vs OUFC

Who was it man of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey! That 0-4 thrashing in 1982 is still fresh in my mind! I remember thinking I was glad I didn't live in Coventry, although I'm sure it's paradise nowadays!

Two lads I was coming with have both got covid so got two adult tickets going spare if anyone needs. Money would be gone anyway so not looking for any cash (but feel free to get me a beer). Meet in Cov

I expect a difficult match against an inform Championship side.

It’s a game (along with the Wimbledon one) I think Des will use to try and implement into the side a few of his core ideas about how he wants to play and set up. The long term objective has to be about maintaining a promotion push.

If Coventry underestimate us and rest key players we have a chance of causing an upset. However we’ve still got a lengthy injury list so my expectations are tempered somewhat.

However it is the FA Cup, with over 3000 travelling yellows, let’s go and win!

Hopefully the lads will out a performance in by way of thanks for the amazing support today.

Very tough game but an upset is possible.

Disaster, I’ve come down with the dreaded lurgy so won’t be joining you this afternoon.

Hoping for a decent performance but think we could be up against it given our injury list even if Coventry put out a weakened team. Much as I love the FA Cup would we be better off losing than having a replay? The league is more important this year.

Coventry City 2 - Oxford United 1.

Just took an early finish from work to watch this.

I really hope we give them a good game, and perhaps sneak a win.

up for the cup- this wont be an easy game with cov in form of late, though as Greavsey used to say to sait, its funny old game... away win 0-1

Would seem an odd time to recall Beadle if he was going elsewhere. He’s already played in the competition so would be cup-tied for any other club, and if it was about development why would Brighton recall him right before a cup game against Championship opposition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom