+++ 03/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 1 - Pompey v OUFC+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I'd lumped on Northampton to go up after losing the home leg 2-0. Just shows these play-offs are even more of a lottery than usual.

Its a win win scenario. Win play offs - happy days.. otherwise we get to take 6 points off Swindon ?

Another of your five a week.
Pompey have sold more than 850 cardboard cut outs and are aiming for 1000.
How many have we sold?

Also, judging from the other play-off games, presumably our cardboard fans will be at Pompey too?

I bet the dot counters are missing those days of updating spreadsheets and counting off the blocks.

Last edited:
from what I remember my brother telling me, Jackett tends to hold on to a lead by going ultra defensive and played a bit of line up lottery (although i think that was more down to injuries)
Fitness will be key and we’ve shown plenty of that this season

Haven’t got a clue how we will get on, been 4 months since either side had a competitive game so their is no form to go by, might come down to whoever finds their feet fastest.

I think these are going to be two absolutely terrible matches, made much worse by what's riding on them.
I am preparing myself to be positively surprised though.

We will get a result down there, either a 1-1 draw, or sneak a 2-1 lead going into the 2nd leg. I’m very confident of beating them at home 3-1.

Then we can focus on Fleetwood in the final.

I also think we will win that match too 4-2.

Nice of them to give Victory to us so far in advance.

We should reciprocate by giving them the West Stand changing rooms.
the sewerage farm over the road would be better - social distancing and all that

We will get a result down there, either a 1-1 draw, or sneak a 2-1 lead going into the 2nd leg. I’m very confident of beating them at home 3-1.

Then we can focus on Fleetwood in the final.

I also think we will win that match too 4-2.
I’ll have a pint of whatever you’re on please!

i think we have a very good chance 1. Portsmouth are strong at home which has a lot to do with the large crowd they have behind them - No crowd so will benefit us more than them. 2. Due to the lack of preparation and match fitness the more skillful players will be rise to the top and i think we have by far the better individuals, especially Camo - he plays well and we win both legs IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom