• SUB: Edwards

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • SUB: McEachran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Perkins

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why couldn't we shut up shop when it got to 1-1 and be sensible?!

REF WATCH

FmgoX9KXkAAc4v_

London based lawyer Sam Purkiss is today’s man in the middle.

Promoted to the EFL in the summer of 2019, his first Oxford Utd match was the 2-1 win at AFC Wimbledon on December 29th 2019.
His last Oxford Utd match was the 1-1 draw at Fratton Park on October 25th 2022. Purkiss was branded an embarrassment by U’s then Head Coach
Karl Robinson after the Pompey draw.

Well Robinson was actually right about something !

Why couldn't we shut up shop when it got to 1-1 and be sensible?!
Yep. We completely lost our heads.

The players should have stayed at the East Stand for a couple of minutes for a breather and to ensure clear heads and a return to a defensive for the last few minutes.

From his body language, I translate as "Yes, I did hit him, but I was trying to free my elbow as he had hold of me." If that was seen, then it's not an especially clever thing to do or a particularly difficult red to give.
Exactly that.

Needs to learn from it as a central striker - you’ll get that all game from centre backs.

We were cheated out of that by a corrupt bunch of officials.

But we also paid the price for not being clinical enough when we had the ball.

We had by far most of the possession, but so often did nothing with it, there wasn’t enough movement up front, either through the middle or out wide.

Starting to think we really should’ve gone all out for an out an out striker, probably the only sour note of what was otherwise an excellent window.

And those officials need investigating, as I’ve not seen such a collectively dodgy performance like that before.

Properly fucked off!

Beer and biff time me thinks…

The ref was poor today, but he didn’t cost us, our lack of discipline did. Harris always looks a fine line from losing it, and any seasoned pro will try to exploit such (regardless of whether he made contact or not - watching the defender rolling around I’m guessing not). Leigh should not have been booked in the first half, but that was a silly tackle having got back in the game and being on a booking already. Not sure McGuane was the right player to go off either at 1-1.

Good dose of reality today. We are good top half side (probably play-offs and better side than Port Vale) but scoring does look like it might be our nemesis as didn’t create a great deal today (they were well organised to be fair to them). Thought Bodin looked the weak link. Rodriguez still getting up to speed too (some of his passing however is world class), but all in all we are far ahead of where I thought we would be so not the end of the world assuming we learn from it.

According to radio oxford Harris stamped on his face. Or head butted him in the elbow. Or something.

Whenever we're full of optimism, we seem to be brought back down to Earth with a bump. I hope this isn't one of those days!

We have the potential to cause Vale lots of problems, it's just about getting the final ball right, which is something we've struggled with so far this season. There'll be one game where it all comes together and we'll give the opposition a walloping.
Oh well, maybe we should all be as pessimistic as Kip and Mellowyellow and then we wouldn't lose.

As a caller on radox intimates we were lucky to get away without broken arms/legs from PV

Back
Top Bottom