• SUB: Edwards

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • SUB: McEachran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Perkins

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feel like today will be a tough test given Port Vale's start, but if we can start well and put ourselves in front, I think Vale would struggle to come back.

Looking at their results (bar the opening day outlier), they keep a lot of clean sheets and don't tend to score too many, and we're a side now that feels like our tails would be up putting ourselves in the lead. A poor start, however, gives Port Vale every chance of getting a result.

Vale are going well it will be another tough game
By the way if Harris/Perkins/ODonkor miss some chances I hope the forum won’t go into meltdown saying we need a striker
Equally if one of them gets a couple it doesn’t mean our search for a striker is over.
I believe with our pace opportunities will be made for several players to score goals

By the way if Harris/Perkins/ODonkor miss some chances I hope the forum won’t go into meltdown saying we need a striker
Equally if one of them gets a couple it doesn’t mean our search for a striker is over.
I believe with our pace opportunities will be made for several players to score goals
Sorry far too sensible, have another go

Would love Perkins to come off the bench on debut to score the winner

Well, technically our search for a striker is over for 4 months at least!

Beadle
Stevens Moore Negru Leigh
McGuane, Brannagan
Tyler, Rodders, Bodin
Harris

Subs: Eastwood, Brown, McEachran, Edwards, Mills, GOD, Perkins

3-0 to the yellows.

Players not even in the squad…
Long, Thornliey, Smyth, Murphy, Henry, Browne.

We have 1 hell of a squad this season!

Think the starting line up will see one change from last week with Leigh in for Brown. Expect to see Edwards come on at some point in front of Leigh. Subs will tell us a story about Manning’s preferences. Eastwood, Brown, McEachran, Edwards, Mills, O’Donkor, Smyth.
Long, Perkins and Murphy to play midweek.

I expect Port Vale to set up with the intention of not conceding and hoping to sneak a win. We will need to be patient and won't necessarily get the space we've had over the last few games. It will be more Carlisle than Charlton.

McGuane has been exceptional, but I could see that McEachran could fit better with his ability to thread a pass out of nothing. Not that I expect the change, but I do think Manning is more "horse's for courses" rather than straight consistency so we may see less obvious changes before or during the game. Personally I'd have McEachran in for Brannagan but I doubt that will happen either.

REF WATCH

FmgoX9KXkAAc4v_

London based lawyer Sam Purkiss is today’s man in the middle.

Promoted to the EFL in the summer of 2019, his first Oxford Utd match was the 2-1 win at AFC Wimbledon on December 29th 2019.
His last Oxford Utd match was the 1-1 draw at Fratton Park on October 25th 2022. Purkiss was branded an embarrassment by U’s then Head Coach
Karl Robinson after the Pompey draw.

He won’t have that whining, whinging, animated sack of s**t to deal with today. Instead he has a professional, calm, polite gentleman in Manning.

At the risk of repeating myself myself, that was one of the best transfer windows for a number of years. We now have a balanced squad of young fit players. The incoming players themselves could almost create a balanced team.

Still think today will be a tricky one with Vale’s defensive record:

Oxford United 1 - Port Vale 0.

Beadle
McGuane, Brannagan
Tyler, Rodders, Bodin
Harris

Subs: Eastwood, Brown, McEachran, Edwards, Mills, GOD, Smyth

So Leigh starts and no Perkins or Murphy.

Beadle
McGuane, Brannagan
Tyler, Rodders, Bodin
Harris

Subs: Eastwood, Brown, McEachran, Edwards, Mills, GOD, Smyth

So Leigh starts and no Perkins or Murphy.
Maybe too soon for Perkins-having individual warm up at the game.

Back
Top Bottom