• SUB: Edwards

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • SUB: McEachran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Perkins

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whenever we're full of optimism, we seem to be brought back down to Earth with a bump. I hope this isn't one of those days!

We have the potential to cause Vale lots of problems, it's just about getting the final ball right, which is something we've struggled with so far this season. There'll be one game where it all comes together and we'll give the opposition a walloping.

Difficult game today, Port Vale have started well and will be full of confidence. Hear they're bringing 1000+ so they'll be well backed.

Let's hope our winning run continues for a while yet.

If Long and Thorniley are still out, we'll only have two senior defenders (Moore and Negru) available for that game thanks to call-ups (Stevens, Leigh, Brown). Not that it matters much... EFL Trophy fairly irrelevant, and we can try out some youth.

Must admit I hadn’t realised the Trophy games were also affected by international call ups.

O’Donker will hopefully get to start up front on Tuesday.

REF WATCH

FmgoX9KXkAAc4v_

London based lawyer Sam Purkiss is today’s man in the middle.

Promoted to the EFL in the summer of 2019, his first Oxford Utd match was the 2-1 win at AFC Wimbledon on December 29th 2019.
His last Oxford Utd match was the 1-1 draw at Fratton Park on October 25th 2022. Purkiss was branded an embarrassment by U’s then Head Coach
Karl Robinson after the Pompey draw.

I reckon this will be our toughest game yet. Vale are looking really strong this year and are no mugs. Sure they had a blip against Barnsley but so did we against Cambridge.

One of my work colleagues is a vale fan so we're going for drinks before. Here's to hoping I can have the bragging rights on Monday morning!

Predicted draws on all of our wins so far so I'll go for a hard fought 1-1 with them scoring first and us having the better of them in the second half.

COYY

WE‘VE MET U BEFORE - October 2011

Peter Leven has just lobbed Vale ‘keeper Stuart Tomlinson from 50 yards

Ddu1g8YVAAAkItD

Last edited:
Any win will do it's been so nice looking at the league table and seeing Oxford United 1st I want us to stay there for a little longer yet

I would swap brown for Leigh and maybe give Edwards a go instead of Bodin but then I also think Mills should start I wouldn't mind seeing Perkins aswel...... What a squad we have now we have so many options
Perhaps we could play 4-4-3, that would help to accommodate the new players. No one would notice!

Gutted to miss today as in sunny Dubai. Both teams full of confidence but think we’ll have too much for them. I’d make two changes - Leigh and McEachran to start resting Brown and Brannagan … oh the luxury to be able to make calls like that and feel it would not weaken us!

I know it's early in the season but some tasty looking games today in league one.

Blackpool v Wigan
Bolton v Derby
Portsmouth v Peterborough
Northampton v Wycombe

Interestingly there is only 2 games going ahead next week.

Exeter v Orient
Stevenage v Carlisle

The other 10 games are postponed. 🤦

3 points today please.

I know it's early in the season but some tasty looking games today in league one.

Blackpool v Wigan
Bolton v Derby
Portsmouth v Peterborough
Northampton v Wycombe

Interestingly there is only 2 games going ahead next week.

Exeter v Orient
Stevenage v Carlisle

The other 10 games are postponed. 🤦

3 points today please.
So with 10 games P-P next weekend and will probably be the same in October and whenever there is an international break surely it's about time the EFL started treating league one like they do the championship (you notice there are no games in the championship wgen international games are on

Barns Road outside Cowley Centre is closed by police. Just a warning incase it’s serious enough to be closed for several more hours and your catching a bus.
Completely closed from Between Towns Rd to Dodgson Rd. No access for anybody. Looks like it will be shut most of the day.

Barns road still closed , bus detour along the garsington road. Then onto bypass to sandy lane West little more. Then onto blackbird leys road ..

Back
Top Bottom