Away Match Day Thread 02/03/2024 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
as long as we dont try and do the impossible ( under DB) , try and sit on a 1 goal lead, and don't sit deeper and deeper, and deeper we might just upset the odds and the recent form books and nick a valuable away win - though to do that were going to need to attack with meaning and get shots on target

here's hoping

as long as we dont try and do the impossible ( under DB) , try and sit on a 1 goal lead, and don't sit deeper and deeper, and deeper we might just upset the odds and the recent form books and nick a valuable away win - though to do that were going to need to attack with meaning and get shots on target

here's hoping
That always worries me especially after we score so early on in the first half and the fans start singing 1-0 to the Oxford boys with over 30 mins in the first half left to go let alone the 45 mins second half

Last edited:
Last chance saloon of the many last chance saloons Des has has drunk at.

Last edited:
There's an air of inevitability about it isn't there. We have been so poor that I can't see any other outcome than defeat - but it's a funny old game!

The spectre of Alan Biley rears it's ugly head!! A recurring nightmare. Let's go there and get the three points. The quality is there to do it.

All I want is for Des to unshackle us. Letโ€™s go after them from the off. If it donโ€™t work and we get beat, at least we had a right go.
Heโ€™d be daft to go in to this and put the handbrake on. We need to win the game having dropped 5 routine points last week so that really rules a draw acceptable but insufficient.

More than one way to win the game of course, and you can sit low and be a major threat with our pace, but Pompey will face that every week and weโ€™ve shown no evidence of being effective playing that way under Des. Itโ€™ll make us sitting ducks.

Would be great to see us control the first 15 minutes, not concede, and assert ourselves on the game. Line up will be interesting. Nervous about this one.

PLAYED FOR BOTH

FqFLtMUWIBIiUuL

Includes Owen Dale, Simon Eastwood, Gavin Whyte, Steve Seddon, John Durnin, David Kitson, Mick Tait, Steve Foster, Jimmy Carter, Lee Bradbury,
Guy Whittingham, Chris Tardif, Ryan Williams, Chris Maguire, George Lawrence, Matt Robinson, Ryan Taylor, Mal Shotton and many others.
John Milkins. OK, too long ago for most of you. Finished the game as he started....never a hair out of place.

I'm less of a Des doubter than some, but even I can't see us getting anything in this one.

The question is will Tyler Burey start or be on the bench at least ๐Ÿค”

Well, Iโ€™d argue thatโ€™s our strongest XI even when all fit. Toss of a coin on Harris or Goodwin, Iโ€™d have probably gone for Goodwin today since were likely to be pinned in most of the time. Canโ€™t complain about whatโ€™s available.

No excuses today.

Back
Top Bottom