Away Match Day Thread 02/03/2024 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Weโ€™re going to have an astounding start, getting 2 or 3 goals up in the first 25 mins. Then weโ€™re going to have a nail biting seat of the pants deep defending nightmare for the rest of the game with the result depending on how few goals we can ship in the final 10 mins.

PLAYED FOR BOTH

FqFLtMUWIBIiUuL

Includes Owen Dale, Simon Eastwood, Gavin Whyte, Steve Seddon, John Durnin, David Kitson, Mick Tait, Steve Foster, Jimmy Carter, Lee Bradbury,
Guy Whittingham, Chris Tardif, Ryan Williams, Chris Maguire, George Lawrence, Matt Robinson, Ryan Taylor, Mal Shotton and many others.

Pompey predicted line-up:

W Norris

J Rafferty S Raggett C Shaughnessy C Ogilvie

M Pack O Moxon

A Kamara C Lang P Lane

C Bishop

A solid 2-0 defeat ,there team ,there crowd I just can't see it happening, I hope iam wrong I would love Des to get the lads performing.

As I said in the other thread this is the kinda match we should lose with the way we are currently playing and our results lately BUT we are so inconsistent I wouldn't be surprised if we won we are just that type of team at the moment

I have a feeling 4-1 but wouldn't be surprised with a 1-2

In isolation a draw away to the league leaders would be a good result, but due to our recent run of form and slowly slipping out of the playoffs we really do need to start winning matches.

Head says a defeat, heart says a win.

1-1 it is then!

Head says 3-0.
Heart says 2-3.

A draw would be a huge point. The boys must be able to improve on last weeks performance.

After so many draws & dropped points, in recent matches.
A draw & a loss today, is dropped points again.
For me it's got to be a win ,at this critical time of the season, with matches quickly running out..
Come on you Yellows.,...๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿค˜

PFC 3-0 OUFC

The slide continues. Not sure at the moment how we keep a clean sheet, score more than the odd goal, play fast attacking football (consistently and with passion and flair).

As always would really loved to be proved wrong and maybe we can be Pompey's bogey team again...

Hope springs eternal. Thereโ€™s been very little in the last couple of games to suggest that weโ€™re going to be able to do anything here, but Iโ€™m setting off for Fratton with the vague sense that last week, and the reaction to it, could be something of a tipping point moment for Des and the players.

3-1 Yellows. Goodwin to bag at some point.

All I want is for Des to unshackle us. Letโ€™s go after them from the off. If it donโ€™t work and we get beat, at least we had a right go.
No we canโ€™t do that! We have to f**k about in our defence as long as we can to get a good possession percentage and just hope Pompey donโ€™t nick the ball and score.

Back
Top Bottom