Away Match Day Thread +++ 02/02/2019 Burton Albion v OUFC match day thread +++

According to the preview on the website Smith's paperwork hasn't gone through yet so he can't play.

Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Mousinho
Brannagan Henry
Whyte Sinclair Graham

Subs: Stevens Hanson Kashi Carruthers Sykes Browne Mackie

2-0
Mousinho and Graham.

C.O.Y.Y
Surely it has to be the team that started v Pompey and Barnsley.
Mackie has to play if fit enough and Sinclair on the bench for when Mackie tires.

'Gone for a' Burton 1 Oxford United 1 (Sykes, 90 mins) Att: 3444 and 489 Yellows fans. This has all the hallmarks of a draw to it. We will totally dominate our.....................defence. Sykes's goal will have a comedic effect, better scored by Eric bloody Sykes, than our future Premier League namesake. Who cares, though, because a point is a bloody point at the moment! KR will declare that we have turned a corner and that it's still mathmatically possible for us to finish mid-table. We will have more liquidation threats than that given by a Kenwood Chef blender. A dog will run onto the pitch. An Oxford fan will ask Whyte if he can have a 'flash-photograph' of him. Whyte will decline, saying that he's in enough trouble already - but come back some other time, when things have died down a little. Six of our players will get booked and Brannagan will fracure his clavicle. Henry will rupture his coccyx, after colliding with Nelson's elbow. That just about does it for me.

I usually get predictions wrong but, hey, what the heck! Away win, our first, 1-2. Sinclair and Graham.

1-0 to OUFC. Henry from the penalty spot, scoring in front of the away fans, ripping his legs open with an icy knee slide, then telling CW that it was worth it.

Away win, finally.

3-1 Henry, Mackie and surely either Dickie or Nelson are going to hit a cows a**e with a banjo at some point.

Don't expect a win.
Hope for a draw.
Afraid we will be back in the bottom four at the end of the day.

1-0 to OUFC. Henry from the penalty spot, scoring in front of the away fans, ripping his legs open with an icy knee slide, then telling CW that it was worth it.
I’m sure there’d be a yellow card for that celebration, if not a public indecency charge! ?

Thinking a 2-1 win.... also i just noticed someone has put yesterdays date on the thread!

Last edited:
Whilst credible results against Portsmouth and Barnsley are good, it’s results against the likes of Burton that will save us this season. Three points today would be very welcome.

We’ve won one, drawn three and lost one of our last five. They’ve lost three and drawn two of their last five. In fairness, two of their defeats have been against Manchester City but they do have a vulnerability about them and have played a hell of a lot of football lately.

Fingers crossed for this one.

Back
Top Bottom