Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I believe the expectation was that mous would be the experienced backup, and the three of them would be enough, with Jones getting the odd cup run-out and maybe stepping up later on, but with mous seeming more fragile than we thought, I think we do need another experienced head in and around the defence and should use our final squad place for that ahead of the wide left spot, which we can always bolster with an exciting youngster in rotation with cooper.

In the mean time, if we need to use long in the middle, maybe take Clare out of the firing line for a game or two by trying Hanson back in there?

In the mean time, if we need to use long in the middle, maybe take Clare out of the firing line for a game or two by trying Hanson back in there?

Not so sure that Hanson is that much better at full back than Clare, and we would then also lose out on Clare's attacking ability which is better than Hanson's.

Maybe when Gorrin comes back we could play Forde at RB, but that would also be a pity as Forde is doing very well in midfield.

For all of Robbo’s talk about the importance of bringing players through and for all the hype he’s given some of our young players it’s a shame we have 3 or 4 players out of position when we could try some of the younger players in meaningful games instead

This is the one issue with Robinson every season there is an in balance in the side. We haven’t kept a clean sheet this season and he’s still prioritising wingers.

This is the one issue with Robinson every season there is an in balance in the side. We haven’t kept a clean sheet this season and he’s still prioritising wingers.

He is prioritising a left winger with pace because we need a left winger with pace due to needing balance in the squad, as we really only have the inexperienced Joel Cooper in that position.

To me this is our squad at present (capitals are preferred starters, which may be slightly debatable). But it looks obvious where we need strengthening or backup, and that's CB and probably both fullbacks given Clare's performances to date.

Im not even sure we need any LW as I thought Agyei did very well there yesterday, and we have Cooper. And the forwards are creating plenty of chances.

EASTWOOD
Stevens

LONG - MOORE - ATKINSON- RUFFELS
Clare - ???? - Mousinho - ????

FORDE - GORRIN - BRANNAGAN
Sykes - Kelly - McGuane

HENRY - TAYLOR - AGYEI
Hall - Winnall/Osei - Cooper

Hanson
Asonganyei
Youth...

Listening to KR after the game I got the feeling that we are ending up with 1/2 young players a left winger and maybe a CB
The young CB seems a bit unnecessary as we have Nico Jones but if people are hoping for Browne and a seasoned CB I think they are going to be disappointed
Just a feeling I had but I hope I’m wrong

Listening to KR after the game I got the feeling that we are ending up with 1/2 young players a left winger and maybe a CB
The young CB seems a bit unnecessary as we have Nico Jones but if people are hoping for Browne and a seasoned CB I think they are going to be disappointed
Just a feeling I had but I hope I’m wrong
From what I hear, you’re spot on about the level of player we’re likely to get but don’t believe a CB is on the list. Things could change but my expectations are low.

It is true but why did he need buy a central defender when for 800+ of those days, he had Dickie and Mousinho as the main pairing with Elliott Moore as the younger CB? Pretty pointless statistic.
Not forgetting Curtis Nelson for around 600 days of that time as well. It's kit a well thought through stat.

Maybe the point could be made for the 20 days or so since Dickie left but citing 900 days is a poor effort

From what I hear, you’re spot on about the level of player we’re likely to get but don’t believe a CB is on the list. Things could change but my expectations are low.

If the CB doesn't come in then that is poor judgement, to have Moore, a young lad straight out of non league still learning, a part time player in Mous. Three players to fill 2 positions. jones is simply not good enough and couldn't get a non league club to take him.
There's a real irony that we've gone from having the best two CB's in the league in harness a couple of seasons ago in Dickie and Curtis, to the situation we will face if an experienced CB doesn't come in. I can't believe though that KR is that blinkered as not to see what's in front of him here, and the problems we could have when winter brings the annual crop of usual injuries.

5 days for a left winger & a centre back.

Ben Woodburn back on loan would not surprise me either.

While I agree in an ideal world we would bring one in , we need a left winger with pace with only one place left in the squad for a player over the age of 21 I guess this is being saved for that player .

I also think that we may be struggling to move players on and there is no way we won’t register the likes of Hanson in the squad if he is still around

If a starting CB did come in though and everyone was fit again, who would be dropped? I actually think that Atkinson has done enough to show he could be absolutely excellent for us, while Moore has struggled since Dickie left, and even before that with the Wembley debacle. I’d be tempted to drop him.

If everyone gets back fit though I personally don’t mind having a starting CB partnership of Atkinson and Moore. That’s easily a top 10 CB partnership in League One. Yes it’s tight if we get two injuries, but any team will be tight in any position if they get two injuries with a squad limit of 22.

It says a lot of the focus of KR that he's now referring to Sam Long as the 4th centre-back once again.

Nico Jones social media continues to back up that he isn't ready for mens football.

Back
Top Bottom