League One Swindon on the brink

• Thread starter Deleted member 808
  • Start date
Swindon on the brink. Maybe Administration beckons. Oh this has cheered me right up.
Your forever be in our shadow, and I don’t think we will play them for a very long time, unless we draw a conference team in the FA Cup of course.

Pahahahahaha. 😂

Will they cease to exist this week and have their season expunged? Would be interesting to see how it would effect the top of the table.
Like this, I believe

1 Hull City.............39 76
2 Peterborough....38 70
3 Sunderland........38 69
4 Lincoln City........37 62
5 Portsmouth.......39 62
6 Charlton.............37 60
7 Ipswich Town....39 60
8 Oxford United....39 59
9 Blackpool...........37 59
10 Gillingham........39 53

Karma shes taken her time but it’s always get you in the end and I think after that day in 2006 when they were popping champagne and celebrating us going out of the league it’s seems things could be worse for them 😂😂😂😂

Like this, I believe

1 Hull City.............39 76
2 Peterborough....38 70
3 Sunderland........38 69
4 Lincoln City........37 62
5 Portsmouth.......39 62
6 Charlton.............37 60
7 Ipswich Town....39 60
8 Oxford United....39 59
9 Blackpool...........37 59
10 Gillingham........39 53
That would be more than amusing.
The defeat to Swin*** expunged and they would be doing us a huge favour based on that revised table!

That would be more than amusing.
The defeat to Swin*** expunged and they would be doing us a huge favour based on that revised table!
wouldnt we lose the 3pts for the win at the skip too though?

It would be a terrible thing, to me, for Swindon to go out of business.

I always want us to beat them when we play and that we finish higher in the pyramid than them. That’s about it for me.

Within that context, I wouldn’t be happy to see any club’s fans lose their club. For many of them, it would be like losing a family member, without wishing to be too over-dramatic or insensitive during these particularly tough times.

It’s rarely, if ever, the fans who bring on such bad news for their club. As we well know...

Last edited:
It could be argued they have obtained their position in league one through illegal practices and have deprive other clubs of a better position in the pyramid, if found guilty Chuck the book at them and let them start at the bottom of said pyramid, one has to wander what other clubs have hidden in their boardrooms.

As much as enjoy seeing Swindon lose and get relegated, I would never wish them to go out of business. I have some really good friends who are Swindon fans and I enjoy the banter that comes back and forth. I would miss it.
Spot on.

It would be a terrible thing, to me, for Swindon to go out of business.

I always want us to beat them when we play and that we finish higher in the pyramid in them. That’s about it for me.

Within that context, I wouldn’t be happy to see any club’s fans lose their club. For many of them, it would be like losing a family member, without wishing to be too over-dramatic or insensitive during these particularly tough times.

It’s rarely, if ever, the fans who bring on such bad news for their club. As we well know...

Precisely. I like having Swindon around as a proper club to dislike. It was especially fun when Di Canio was around as it became almost pantomime with him as the boo-hiss villain.

As I’ve said in this thread before, I want us to beat them, finish above them, experience schadenfreude as they tumble from one embarrassing humiliation to another, losing games, making tits out of themselves, signing useless players, getting their fans wound up, scoring comedy own goals, missing open goals and everything else in between. I don’t want to see them go bust.

Last edited:
As much as enjoy seeing Swindon lose and get relegated, I would never wish them to go out of business. I have some really good friends who are Swindon fans and I enjoy the banter that comes back and forth. I would miss it.
Where is little Willie Carson in their hour of need. Galloped off into the sunset.

If their fans want to stop wasting their money on iFollow, they can always fall back on their favourite E4 Wiltshire show, The Interbreeders.

I see the fans trust has called for sponsorship not to be renewed for next season and one has already come out and said they won’t, surely they will boycott season tickets (given every thing going on at the moment what sane person would buy one for a club in that position anyway) to try and force Power out.

Don’t want them to go out of business yet, want it to be really dragged out, multiple relegations and losing to Headington Amateurs in the Hellenic League would be my preferred route.

I see the fans trust has called for sponsorship not to be renewed for next season and one has already come out and said they won’t, surely they will boycott season tickets (given every thing going on at the moment what sane person would buy one for a club in that position anyway) to try and force Power out.

Don’t want them to go out of business yet, want it to be really dragged out, multiple relegations and losing to Headington Amateurs in the Hellenic League would be my preferred route.

They'd have to hold the Headington Amateurs game at Grenoble Road with all the Oxford fans wanting to go to take the P**s.

Don't see the problem with them going out of business, they'll reform as a new club anyway.

Back
Top Bottom