League Two Let's all laugh at... Swindon

The word scum is being used as to who the support not because of alleged violent disorder.

You know 2 of these lads from West Oxfordshire and they come from excellent family units? Does that lean they couldn’t ever be involved in an affray or whatever because of their background?

With respect to yourself we’re you there? Or was this then saying to you there was no violent disorder? A case of “ not me guv “ as they were just pavement dancing and arm gesturing?

I think the outcome will be interesting either way if found guilty it will surely be on video from the police or independent witnesses.

No they may not be scum but supporting Swindon they most certainly are.

The charge isn’t affray. It’s violent disorder - they’re very different charges.

Of course I wasn’t there, why would I be as an OUFC supporting season ticket holder? I think the outcome will be an offer to those 15, to accept a lesser public order charge which will result in a ban for 3/5 years and a ‘result’ for the police - should they accept that charge (not that the two i know will!).

The charge isn’t affray. It’s violent disorder - they’re very different charges.

Of course I wasn’t there, why would I be as an OUFC supporting season ticket holder? I think the outcome will be an offer to those 15, to accept a lesser public order charge which will result in a ban for 3/5 years and a ‘result’ for the police - should they accept that charge (not that the two i know will!).
Did any Bradford fans get caught for anything?

Feels weird they'd attack a bus for no reason?)

I cannot stand Swindon, however I felt compelled to respond to your post.

I know 2 of the 15 who have been charged by WPC and I can assure you that they are not scum! They are lads from excellent family units, who support their local team (from west Oxfordshire) and they certainly did not cause any ‘violent disorder’. To that end, both individuals have been advised by their brief to plead not guilty - not something that is common in cases like these where CCTV body cam footage should be enough for the courts to throw away the key!

Unfortunately, there was a bit of pavement dancing and arm waiving at a Bradford City supporters coach and as a result, the police took a pretty hard line and arrested a number of them retrospectively in the days and months following. This stinks of WPC trying to set a bit of example given the current perceived state of football hooliganism in this country.

They may well get a ban from football if the courts take a dim view of the ‘evidence’ but to automatically suggest they are ‘scum’ is, on this occasion wide of the mark.
They support their local team from West Oxfordshire, so they are Oxford fans then?

I understand what you mean about affray/ violent disorder it’s affray or melee could cover what happened.. sorry for any confusion

Bringing it back to Wandering Yellow's original post.....

......it is hilarious that while we now get to look forward to starting the season at Pride Park, followed by a fun home game against Cambridge and then a short trip over to Bristol for a showdown with Rovers.....

S*****n get to start the season with a trip to Harrogate to play at the smallest ground in the Football League in front of about 2,000, a home game against plastic Salford and then the monumental hike up to Carlisle (decent club, Carlisle, but flippin' miles away)

And while we get another epic encounter at Hillsborough on the weekend before Christmas, the Scum instead get another trip to Barrow! :ROFLMAO:

Life is so much better in League One than League Two this year......

They have also been turned down by 37 year old Sol Bamba.

Sol is reluctant to drop 'too low' down the pyramid and is instead, going to take some time to re-assess his options :ROFLMAO:

I wonder why they had to delete it.
Could be a copyright claim, Jack Payne worried Swindon fans will hate him for it?
Probably the former of those I'd suggest. Shame, but at least now it's out there they won't be able to kill it entirely.

Probably the former of those I'd suggest. Shame, but at least now it's out there they won't be able to kill it entirely.

Tbf the Swindon fans' responses, that I've seen, found it amusing so I doubt it is to do with that.

Back
Top Bottom