League Two Tinpot Swindon

For most of the ‘00s we were an embarrassing club in. 2006 was the nadir of our banter era.

Swindon are very much in that at present. Lurching from one loser to the next, be that in the dugout or in the boardroom. Long may it continue.

It’s such a shame that League 2 is so uncompetitive at the bottom this year. Swindon already have 34 points, almost double what the hopeless FGR who sit bottom have accumulated. I can’t see them in a relegation battle this year.

For most of the ‘00s we were an embarrassing club in. 2006 was the nadir of our banter era.

Swindon are very much in that at present. Lurching from one loser to the next, be that in the dugout or in the boardroom. Long may it continue.

It’s such a shame that League 2 is so uncompetitive at the bottom this year. Swindon already have 34 points, almost double what the hopeless FGR who sit bottom have accumulated. I can’t see them in a relegation battle this year.
its only halfway through the season though :sneaky:

Remember going there for an FA Trophy game during our promotion season. Stood behind a fence with a running track between you and the pitch.
Of all the odd matchday experiences from the conference years.....it was right up there!
It’s a very odd ground. I lived nearby and saw Chelmsford City in the glory years. They were beaten to the league by second placed Hereford United. Watched Chelmsford v Ipswich in the FA Cup. Lost 1-3 but 16000 in attendance

They were beaten to the league by second placed Hereford United.
How harsh was that! There were some shocking decisions with clubs having to be elected to the football league back then. Presuming that was the Ronnie Radford Hereford season, and that swung it for them?

How harsh was that! There were some shocking decisions with clubs having to be elected to the football league back then. Presuming that was the Ronnie Radford Hereford season, and that swung it for them?
They actually won the league twice in successive seasons. I think Cambridge made it through on votes too

Apparently they are not appointing a new permanent manager until the club is taken over. They aren't going up or down this season so will just limp along with an appointment from within until that time arrives, which is likely to be towards the end of the season. They do make some ridiculous appointments there, at least our seem quite well thought out. Perhaps not Clotet but in the main we've chosen pretty well either side of him. I mean, Morris who was a relatively big name but no real pedigree, Flynn who failed at Walsall in the same league, they had the chap who jumped ship for Crawley, McGreal a few years back who lasted about a fortnight, Garner just been sacked by Colchester, Sheridan the ultimate journeyman manager and loads of others on interim basis's etc.

Apparently they are not appointing a new permanent manager until the club is taken over. They aren't going up or down this season so will just limp along with an appointment from within until that time arrives, which is likely to be towards the end of the season. They do make some ridiculous appointments there, at least our seem quite well thought out. Perhaps not Clotet but in the main we've chosen pretty well either side of him. I mean, Morris who was a relatively big name but no real pedigree, Flynn who failed at Walsall in the same league, they had the chap who jumped ship for Crawley, McGreal a few years back who lasted about a fortnight, Garner just been sacked by Colchester, Sheridan the ultimate journeyman manager and loads of others on interim basis's etc.
And a fascist.

Another one?

Back
Top Bottom