Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custard Creams are the ULTIMATE biscuit.
No. They are a solid all-rounder for sure, but not the ultimate biscuit by a long shot. Who would seriously take a custard cream off a plate if there was a dark chocolate digestive on there as well?

It’s alright saying they mean zero, we had that attitude last season, went in severely undercooked & started off slowly & couldn’t arrest the slide we went on.

Or maybe the players weren't quite good enough, and they were being managed by a cretin?

Or maybe the players weren't quite good enough, and they were being managed by a cretin?
Maybe so, I have faith LM will get it right, but pointing out what we need & the speed at which we need to get those players in, isn’t the wrong point of view to have imo.

We battered Barnet with an arguably weaker team on the same day. Barnet finished 10 points clear of Eastleigh last season, and will do much better in the league again this season Id wager.

Last season we whacked Eastleigh in pre-season and we nearly got relegated.

The point I’m trying to make is that pre-season results and to an extent performances mean the square root of b****r all.

We battered Barnet with an arguably weaker team on the same day. Barnet finished 10 points clear of Eastleigh last season, and will do much better in the league again this season Id wager.

Last season we whacked Eastleigh in pre-season and we nearly got relegated.

The point I’m trying to make is that pre-season results and to an extent performances mean the square root of b****r all.
Yes, funny that the Barnet result is being ignored. Just goes to show that people are keener to comment on bad news than good.

I think we are quite capable of that on here without the intervention of school holidays. Just look what happened that time someone said the custard cream is a terrible biscuit...
You call Custard Creams 'biscuits', and not 'cookies'?

Weird

Please can Maxy W just sign the fecking contract....
Am climbing the walls here

No. They are a solid all-rounder for sure, but not the ultimate biscuit by a long shot. Who would seriously take a custard cream off a plate if there was a dark chocolate digestive on there as well?
I don't know if it my age (46) but I tried a dark chocolate digestive for the first time last week. It was a sensation - the less sweet chocolate magnified the sweetness of the biscuit. Without doubt the connoisseurs choice. Saying that I don't pass up the exact opposite end of the biscuit spectrum - the pink wafer

I wasn't at the game last night but doubt it could be described as a damp squid, in which case the OP wasn't wrong.
They were wrong, but not for the reasons you are arguing.

It’s alright saying they mean zero, we had that attitude last season, went in severely undercooked & started off slowly & couldn’t arrest the slide we went on.
There were many different variables at play last season, and it’s shortsighted at best to compare this year’s situation to last.

The manager’s attitude, the speed and level we’ve brought players in and the system we’re trying to play are completely different.

If you think we’re sleepwalking into a poor start to the season after a 0-0 friendly with Eastleigh (conveniently ignoring the 3-1 vs Southampton B and 5-1 vs Barnet), then I think it’s a bit of a knee-jerk overreaction.

Also if you still want to discuss the game, can you do it on the preseason thread and not the transfers one? Getting a bit bored of trying to debate a relatively-pointless friendly when trying to see what the latest is on transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom