World Cup Qatar 2022

Fair enough. The fact that you can’t in any way argue your position makes me feel like it’s a foregone conclusion anyway.
Obvious response. I’ve shown I’m more than prepared to argue this one and I’m all for debate but I see little point if you see my opinion as wrong before I’ve even given it. That’s not debate, it’s something else.

While Messi has delivered a world cup to Argentina, Maradona gifted two.
Pele also.
Messi is without doubt, one of the greatest in the history of the game but he is in good company.

Maradona only won the World Cup once in 1986. Pele won it three times in '58, '62 and '70.

The only time I saw Pele play was in Escape to Victory! But Maradona is probably the best player I've seen in my life time, just an unreal talent that pretty much won the '86 World Cup alone. Ronaldo R9 was incredible in his peak, Bergkamp unbelievable at times, and Christiano Ronaldo has incredible stats but is too selfish for me. Messi is just behind Maradona for me, but still an incredible talent who was unplayable for several years and someone who also bring out the best in the players around him. However, if we're talking about teams then it's Brazil '82 or Oxford '86!!!

Back
Top Bottom