World Cup Qatar 2022

I didn’t like the way the Moroccan team surrounded & harangued the referee during the Croatian game.
Any player that touches the referee should immediately be shown a yellow card In my opinion.

In the same game the Croatian headed goal from the set piece was probably my favourite goal of the tournament.

I met a fairy on the road this morning.The fairy had fallen over so I helped her up. The fairy then said “thank you kind sir, and for stopping and helping me I grant you one wish”.
I thought for a minute and said “thank you, I would like to live forever”.
The fairy replied and said”I apologise but that’s the one wish I can’t grant you”
So I thought again and said “I want to die when England win the World Cup”.
“Oooooooogh you crafty bastard said the fairy”

Does anyone have any idea who penned this piece, in yesterday's Guardian, ( as Anonymous ) ?- there are a few inferred Oxford Utd links/ nods contained within .....

320729137_711200573660053_33273796283404579_n.jpg

I see all of the supposed workers rights in Qatar have now disappeared again after the world cup. Although the riules are technically still on the books they are no longer being enforced. But hey, FIFA made $7billion out of it....
how anyone thought one event would change the culture of 100’s of years need help!

Does anyone have any idea who penned this piece, in yesterday's Guardian, ( as Anonymous ) ?- there are a few inferred Oxford Utd links/ nods contained within .....

View attachment 11329
Missed you referencing this at the time. I actually wrote it, but asked them to print it anonymously. Felt given the nature of my work in gaming/football and the fact my name is fairly visible with a quick google, didn't want anything obviously tying my views back to the company.

Last edited:
how anyone thought one event would change the culture of 100’s of years need help!
Well all the people that accept all the sports-washing BS of counties like this, or are just greedy and accept the money, also step forward F1 in Saudi Arabia this weekend.

Can they ask just stop the BS and say we don't give a **** we just want their money.

Well all the people that accept all the sports-washing BS of counties like this, or are just greedy and accept the money, also step forward F1 in Saudi Arabia this weekend.

Can they ask just stop the BS and say we don't give a **** we just want their money.
Rich blokes turning down more money? Can't see that happening any time soon...

Rich blokes turning down more money? Can't see that happening any time soon...
How little the authorities in these countries is shown by the Saudi's executing 13 people in recent weeks leading up to the Grand Prix. They are not even pretending to to make any concessions.

Their country, their rules and so it has been for centuries.

Those who were naïve enough to think they might change.......... :ROFLMAO:

Saudis have changed. They stopped enslaving selected black hajjis in the 70s and now women can drive.

Next thing you know they'll stop public stoning and remove a perfectly good role model from the Daily Mail.

How little the authorities in these countries is shown by the Saudi's executing 13 people in recent weeks leading up to the Grand Prix. They are not even pretending to to make any concessions.
Well they executed 81 (including 40 who took part in a peaceful protest with banners, but were arrested and executed as terrorists) ahead of last years. They just use the F1 as a Google bomb to bury 'bad' news.

Saudis have changed. They stopped enslaving selected black hajjis in the 70s and now women can drive.

Next thing you know they'll stop public stoning and remove a perfectly good role model from the Daily Mail.
The women can drive thing was hailed as a rights win. In reality, back in the mid 2010s the Saudi government needed to get more women into work after the record $50bn deficit caused by the oil price crash. So they launched a plan to get women into work, and part of that was allowing them to drive (a limitation of women working was their ability to get to work - either having to be driven by their husband, or chaperoned in the vehicle of another man). As a follow on, employment was created because women were allowed to buy cars from men - so women only car dealerships/areas of car dealerships had to be created.
Of course there are still women in jail for protesting against a law that now no longer exists...

Back
Top Bottom