Away Match Day Thread 31/10/2023 L1: Lincoln City v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tough away trip that but job done, well done lads!

The back four and Mills were all excellent, great to see Brannagan and McGuane reunited and pulling the strings.

A Halloween horror from their keeper!

Now to start a cup run on Saturday!

Harris isn't a bad player he's just not a natural goal scorer his record over his career will show you that

I actually blame the recruitment team for not getting a natural goal scorer in the summer
Agree with that. I was really disappointed we didn't go for Alfie May and so it's proving to be.
11 so far this could make all the difference over a season.

Nope. He's not good enough.
Oops.
I think you're being incredibly unfair on Harris. He played well this evening and certainly isn't 'a bit crap' as you so poetically put it. And the 2023 Pat Hoban; really!?
Absolutely! He's not a bad player. But he's not a goalscorer. His goals stats over his career are poor.

Harris isn't a bad player he's just not a natural goal scorer his record over his career will show you that

I actually blame the recruitment team for not getting a natural goal scorer in the summer

I’m more glass full when it comes to our recruitment. I’m focusing on the number of dustbin fires they put out that KR left us with rather than the one or two pieces they didn’t manage to fix. We knew what they were ahead of the first game of the season - an additional striker and an alternative RB option. If that’s the full extent of our shopping list in January (plus any gaps to fill for long term injuries), that’s no bad thing. We have the resources to get to January for then.

A good win today. I could only listen to the first half though but it sounded like Harris is at best a 10 goals a season striker, even when dropping down a level. No harm in that really since he offers more than just goals but you really need everyone else chipping in if he can’t manage more than that. Give him the FA Cup tie to get some more confidence back regardless.

Back on track again. A good evening all round.

Oops.

Absolutely! He's not a bad player. But he's not a goalscorer. His goals stats over his career are poor.
He's a player to come off the bench last twenty and cause problems with his pace. But he's nowhere near good enough to be a starter in a team that's probably going to end up somewhere between 2-6 place. I wasn't joking about Hoban. Also quite a nice player, and led the line well. But just couldn't score goals

Should be looking at 6 points from orient and Cheltenham in our next two matches which will set up the match with Bolton at the end of the month nicely

Back
Top Bottom