Away Match Day Thread 31/10/2023 L1: Lincoln City v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very good. Couldn't fault that . Harris is still a bit cr*p. But that was the best performance in several weeks. Last ten days can probably be put down to illness. We were completely on it tonight.

Missed the first half so can't comment on that. But second half our defenders won absolutely everything, mills looked great also. Don't forget that save from beadle from their long shot with the fog, kept it at 2-0 and comfortable.

Professional performance all round, on to the cup now. COYY

Clean sheet is a real bonus.

Hate to say it but Long going off and the change of formation helped us, more pace came on and our overall attacking threat improved.

I personally prefer the 4, and I like Brown at LCB as he's a solid defender and if he can grab a few goals too then that's a real boost.

COYY's!!

Thought that was a brilliant away performance against a decent side - perhaps lacking their own end product. Fortunate that their keeper had an off day but we were great value for the win and had better efforts saved/just off target than the ones we scored! But that just goes to show it doesn’t need to be perfect all the time, just be positive.

The enforced change was really a blessing in disguise, you could immediately see how much better we built the play and it added another body further up. Moore and Brown had everything under control. Motm was Mills for me but could hardly split him and Stevens - they were superb. Not sure anybody had a poor game which is encouraging.

Stand outs

Stevens solid in air and deck PLUS always looked for a forward ball.

TG very industrious

Mills always a threat going forward

CAM leader!

People raving about Harris me yes plenty of effort but offside too much, hold up play weak however has no real company up front

So good day in the office. Well done the Ox

Good 3 points and pretty comprehensive.
The pace of the team come is so much different with Brannagan, He maybe not a prolific striker, but a good night from Harris.
mom for me.

Great performance from Stevens, especially considering the enforced early position change. He and Mills down the right looked really effective as a combination, and the latter did extremely well after having to come on at such an early stage of the game.

Brannagan made a huge difference, and I’m going to give a shout out for Harris tonight, he didn’t stop running and hassling the Lincoln defenders and always made runs to create space and looked for the ball. He might not have scored and clearly badly needs a goal for confidence, but his overall performance was worthy of special mention.

Stevens get MOTM for me. Well played Yellows.

Mills contribution off the bench was good, made/scored (?) the second and preserved the clean sheet after Beadle was beaten, with an unbelivable goal line clearance from under the bar

Great result tonight hopefully back to winning ways and our mini blip is over
Hopefully long's injury isn't as bad as it looks
Was really impressed with Mills tonight the lad has so much class and energy

Great win. Stevens was excellent. Brannigan excellent. Have to say I thought the Lincoln commentators were good too.

I only turned on late in the 2nd half, but yes, the Radio Lincoln commentators (whilst clearly despondent) were the most magnanimous opposition commentary team I've ever heard.

But more than that, they were remarkably insightful as to why we were so good.

Very refreshing listen compared to the usual chippy 'journalists' employed by local radio.

Mills contribution off the bench was good, made/scored (?) the second and preserved the clean sheet after Beadle was beaten, with an unbelivable goal line clearance from under the bar

Yep had a great game..him or Stevens definitely man of the match.

I only turned on late in the 2nd half, but yes, the Radio Lincoln commentators (whilst clearly despondent) were the most magnanimous opposition commentary team I've ever heard.

But more than that, they were remarkably insightful as to why we were so good.

Very refreshing listen compared to the usual chippy 'journalists' employed by local radio.
It would have been better if they could have named Oxford players from time to time

• React
Reactions: ljs
Delighted with the win - three vital points and a clean sheet. An excellent points haul from the first 15 league games.
Solid defensively and could and should have scored a couple more.

Stevens impressed me greatly with his class on the ball and calm distribution. He strikes a ball cleanly which I like.

Elsewhere just 3,879 watched at some nondescript Buckinghamshire town tonight to see a nil nil with Cambridge 👀

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom