Away Match Day Thread 29/12/2020 L1 Plymouth Argyle v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic win, well done lads!!

but, are we going to talk about Sykes and how little he did when he came on?? [emoji51]

Well he did have a slightly awkward clearance to make which he did very effectively!

Who was the ref?
The Argyle forum has it as Brett Huxtable but the Ox Mail has someone different. If it is BH, I know him from growing up in North Devon. He is an appalling referee and an odious individual.
100% Huxtable. Did he fight you over the last burger at school or something?

Just caught up.

Great win and halfway there to 50 points (should the season stretch that far). Three on the bounce too.

I still don’t see this side being capable of making the playoffs like last season but they are at least an entertaining bunch. Onwards we go.

Great win, Great Christmas, Great December for the Yellows!

You can cancel voting for Supporters' Player of the Year already. Given that the award tends to be for a player that has had a great season, but also worked his B*****s off for the team for 90 minutes each and every game - you can't look further than Sam Long. He made a lung-bursting run towards the end of the second half on Saturday and I was wondering then how he had the fitness and energy to still do that. Well, today he did it again and won us the game!

In all, it was almost the opposite game (other than the result) to Saturday. Overrun for the first quarter, but then absolutely bossed the final 3/4.

Restricting the rest of my comments to the broadcast.....

- The Radio Oxford commentators must have really had a crap view where they were sitting, because they didn't seem to have the foggiest what was going on any time the ball was in the bottom left hand quarter of the pitch! Especially going on about a booking for Moore first half, when it was clearly Sam Long getting a final warning!

- That being said, whilst Rosey is an Oxford legend for everything he's given to the club, and Nick Harris is an Oxford institution - Stevie K is a far, far better summarizer than either of them. Listening to him for 90 minutes, I actually feel like I'm learning something (other than how badly can an Oxford player's name be mispronounced)

- Did Plymouth have a monkey working the game editing booth? Yes, I know they may have wanted to show off the fact that they have three cameras, but the way they seemingly randomly intercut between the three of them gave me a headache, and made parts of the game much tougher to follow than they should have been!

Anyways, great stuff. Now let's keep this run going against the bottom club, and then everyone can take a nice rest for a couple of weeks (or longer, if the EFL has to suspend things for Covid.......)

Once we were level I thought we pretty much then took control of the game and apart from a couple of fleeting moments (especially their penalty) we looked strong and all-round an upper to play off minimum table side and tbh most football minded Argyle supporters would probably agree to disagree on that performance.

Tonight I especially liked our players shouting and challenging for every ball that was a negligible 50/50 shout and this was something that needed to be addressed in our overall game and tonight I thought it shone through.

On a side note am I alone though in thinking that tonight some of the criticisms of the 'Stephen Bunting' of the EFL referee's personnel list Mr Brett Huxtable was a little out of order. I thought tonight he was generally an all-round all right good geezer who was in my soft hazel eyes pretty much bang on the money.

We are beginning to roll.

COYY'S.

100% Huxtable. Did he fight you over the last burger at school or something?
He refereed me in the past when I played for a team in N Devon. Unpleasant in his manner, rude, arrogant and makes very poor decisions. My brother is a local ref in N Devon and even the referees don’t think highly of him.

He refereed me in the past when I played for a team in N Devon. Unpleasant in his manner, rude, arrogant and makes very poor decisions. My brother is a local ref in N Devon and even the referees don’t think highly of him.

Sounds like his performance tonight...

Who was the ref?
The Argyle forum has it as Brett Huxtable but the Ox Mail has someone different. If it is BH, I know him from growing up in North Devon. He is an appalling referee and an odious individual.

Huxtable was a late replacement for the original ref appointed to the game (Johnson, I think) whom apparently was even less fit for the job than was Huxtable.

The mind boggles!

The Radio Oxford commentators must have really had a crap view where they were sitting
Jerome and Nick were commentating from the iFollow stream - the BBC would not allow them to travel to Plymouth as they live in a tier 4 area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom