• Northampton Town

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • A draw

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MUST WIN GAME!

Not sure we have the right players this season for a 433, and I hate 4231, so if it were me picking the team and formation, I'd go for a change of system:

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Forde Mcguane
Sykes
Henry Taylor

SUBS: Agyei, Kelly, Hall, Mous, Clare, Obita, Eastwood
We need goals!! Taylor needs help!! Get two up top!!

Henry could do a good job in the Sheringham/Cantona role, providing useful support and assists for Taylor, and chipping in with his fair share of goals as well.

Give Sykes a go at the tip of a diamond, or if he and Robbo can't kiss and make up, then give Hall a go, as he also looks pretty usefull, with good skill, and some neat and tidy play when he plays more centrally, and either him or Sykes could be a useful link between midfield and attack.

Ruffels is struggling a bit, that much is obvious, but he's been part of a defence that has seemed a lot more settled and solid recently, so at the moment, I wouldn't change the back four.

Gotta get the goals flowing, so it's time for Robbo to show a bit of tactical versatility, because 433 ain't working.

Don’t regard this as a must-win game, more a ‘would help stabilise things’ game, create a bit of breathing space. Hope Atkinson is fit, if so stick with defence a retain more solid looking midfield with Obita again on left and rely on pacy subs. Personal choice would be a start for Agyei but not hopeful!

Can't see any changes to the starting 11 if everyone is fit. Late pace from the bench. Strength of opposition should see us able to be more aggressive.

MUST WIN GAME!

Not sure we have the right players this season for a 433, and I hate 4231, so if it were me picking the team and formation, I'd go for a change of system:

Stevens
Gorrin
Forde Mcguane
Sykes
Henry Taylor

SUBS: Agyei, Kelly, Hall, Mous, Clare, Obita, Eastwood
We need goals!! Taylor needs help!! Get two up top!!

Henry could do a good job in the Sheringham/Cantona role, providing useful support and assists for Taylor, and chipping in with his fair share of goals as well.

Give Sykes a go at the tip of a diamond, or if he and Robbo can't kiss and make up, then give Hall a go, as he also looks pretty usefull, with good skill, and some neat and tidy play when he plays more centrally, and either him or Sykes could be a useful link between midfield and attack.

Ruffels is struggling a bit, that much is obvious, but he's been part of a defence that has seemed a lot more settled and solid recently, so at the moment, I wouldn't change the back four.

Gotta get the goals flowing, so it's time for Robbo to show a bit of tactical versatility, because 433 ain't working.
I'm starting to think 352 is worth a go. We do have the players for that.
Interesting that yesterday Charlton were 2-1 down at home to AFC at half time. Bowyer changed to 3 at the back and the full backs pushed on in the 2nd half and it did the trick as they won 5-2. Plan B?

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Obita
Gorrin
Kelly Mcguane
Henry Taylor Agyei

1-0 oxford

I can see Atkinson being rested...regardless of the outcome of the injury, it's apparent that he needs managing carefully.

This has got to deliver 3 points. We must be better than Northampton. Hope that Atkinson is fit again.
Quite simply we have to grab this game by the scruff of the neck and get three points to really kick start the season, no excuse. They are down there with us, have injury worries, and quite frankly are a poor team.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Obita
Gorrin
Henry Hanson
Clare Taylor McGuane​

Just to mix it up a bit.

Ruffels needs a spell out of the team.

Clare adds pace out wide, Henry can stay in but more centrally. Hanson did well and brings bite to the midfield. McGuane has looked good wide left and if he keeps up his recent form could be dangeous driving forwards from there.

Can't see any changes to the starting 11 if everyone is fit. Late pace from the bench. Strength of opposition should see us able to be more aggressive.
I'd rather have the pace from the start, and not rely on the last 15 minutes to get at them.

With that in mind, I'd move Henry back to midfield (still not convinced by Kelly) where he can still be influential, put genuine pace up front in Clare.

Reluctantly, stick with Ruffels at LB to keep Obita further forward, as he delivers a decent cross without trying to beat his man three times.

Stevens
Gorrin
Henry McGuane
Clare Taylor Obita​

Quite simply we have to grab this game by the scruff of the neck and get three points to really kick start the season, no excuse. They are down there with us, have injury worries, and quite frankly are a poor team.

I think we're going to draw as well.

Stevens
Long Moore Mousinho Obita
Hanson Gorrin
Henry McGuane Shodipo
Taylor

3 changes.

Mousinho in for injured Atkinson.
Shodipo in for Ruffels. Obita drops to his natural position.
Hanson in for Kelly.

Stevens
Hanson Gorrin
Henry McGuane Shodipo
Taylor

3 changes.

Hanson in for Kelly.
I don't think full back is Obita's natural position. As said on the after game radio chat yesterday his best position is as a wide attacking midfield player. He also is better than Shodipo (who goes missing for large parts of games and is worse than Agyei at tracking back) at getting crosses in.

Stevens
Hanson Gorrin
Henry McGuane Shodipo
Taylor

3 changes.

Hanson in for Kelly.
Obitas natural position is not left back I believe.

That’ll be a clash of two poor teams then. No disputing we’ve been very poor so far.

Very confident according to the poll, you'd never know how shite we've been this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom