Home Match Day Thread 28/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ox is a castrated bull... The statue has its tackle intact so is not an ox.

Yes I'd rather debate this than the game. [emoji51]
Not correct. An Ox is a bovine used for draft purposes, usually castrated but doesn't have to be. Females can even be used as Oxen (obviously, not the statue).

In no way does a poor performance on a football pitch come anywhere close to resolving or easing peopleā€™s long term woes during this pandemic.

If you think 90 minutes of football and a win over Swindon is sufficient to give someone respite over the fear of losing their jobs, protecting their family or general concerns about the future, you are incredibly deluded.

People have lost loved ones to this virus, people have lost jobs to this virus, people are worried about what the future holds going into 2021.... Yet you think 90 minutes of football and a win over Swindon suddenly makes the world seem a better place.... Christ almighty.
What an overreaction to a fair point.

• React
Reactions: UTM
The reality.

Eastwood is finished. Has been since he came back to replace Archer.

Shodipo - his first time in L1. Looks lost bar the odd glimpse of youthful talent. Compare him to Nathan holland. A million miles away

Aygei - Looks like a good L1 player one week & a conference player the next week. League 2 probably his level.

Sykes - Still dont know his best position. Doesnā€™t score or assist enough with his ability. Reminds me of the Rothwell suitation. Maybe we are the wrong club for him.

I'm impressed with the dissections of the game (no P**s take) but tbh I'm numb.

• React
Predictable meltdown, but although it was very hard to lose against such a poor team, it was one of those games.
Had Taylor not missed that sitter, we would have won by 3 or 4.
I have never really rated Sam Long, but he is starting to look steady enough.
Eastwood is now the biggest problem, I am afraid.
He has never been the same since coming back from injury.
Jordan Archer has just gone to Motherwell in the SPL. He won't be on big wages, so why KR didn't try and get him is a mystery.
We'll end up lower mid-table, but the next few games might be tricky.
There were signs in the first 60 minutes that we were getting back to something like last season's form.
But apart from Eastwood, the biggest problem is the lack of proper back-up/rotation for Taylor.
Aygei isn't up to it- agree with others that he looks like a L2/Conference player.
Winnall may be the answer, but it was always a pretty obvious risk signing someone with such a bad injury track record.
I think we'll be OK- but KR has to sort out the Eastwood situation.
He obviously doesn't have much faith in Stevens, but KR has caused this situation himself with his failure to act a couple of months ago.

Ha, welcome to a lifetime of stress!
Im new on here but im still pĆ­ssed off with the scorelinen. I think we will go down if the scally stays in the charge. I live only in Oxford for 4mounths and only just discovering this forum on our biggest game. I love football but only been in England short time. But Oxford my passion and Swindon looked like they had more passion.

do you think if they sack Robinsons that we will get the man with Ricketts? I have head that David Flitcroft is very good manager for this level and not in a job? But what about Sol Campbell, he was my favorite England defender the Tony Adams. Maybe he can make our defence tighter than the ship.

Sorry im not sure if i spelling everything right or wrongs do not make but because I use a translator app sometimes and other times I use my mind. Hahaha its so funny because i think UMT is a very passion fruit man but he can make himself look an idiot too.

Anyway pleases to meet you Werther the original? Like the sweet? Oh we have them back home. Can you buy them here? You are probably good man, like the grandfather in the advert giving his goodness to all the children on his thighbone.

I will work tomorrow, today keeping the hospitals running whilst many silly men sleep off their hangoverall. Some of then will fell more silly when they wake up like UMT.

What is best shouting for oxford city at the ground? I hope to win into a game. My friend said the arena is not finished yet? Does that mean I can't watch match? I did niot know what he means by this.

Thank you werther man.
Farooq

Oh dear... this is embarrassing.

Our cup final!! Have a word with yourself.

Erm, we're out of both cups, and even the most insanely optimistic can't really believe we could mount a play off challenge.

What else is there?

• React
Im new on here but im still pĆ­ssed off with the scorelinen. I think we will go down if the scally stays in the charge. I live only in Oxford for 4mounths and only just discovering this forum on our biggest game. I love football but only been in England short time. But Oxford my passion and Swindon looked like they had more passion.

do you think if they sack Robinsons that we will get the man with Ricketts? I have head that David Flitcroft is very good manager for this level and not in a job? But what about Sol Campbell, he was my favorite England defender the Tony Adams. Maybe he can make our defence tighter than the ship.

Sorry im not sure if i spelling everything right or wrongs do not make but because I use a translator app sometimes and other times I use my mind. Hahaha its so funny because i think UMT is a very passion fruit man but he can make himself look an idiot too.

Anyway pleases to meet you Werther the original? Like the sweet? Oh we have them back home. Can you buy them here? You are probably good man, like the grandfather in the advert giving his goodness to all the children on his thighbone.

I will work tomorrow, today keeping the hospitals running whilst many silly men sleep off their hangoverall. Some of then will fell more silly when they wake up like UMT.

What is best shouting for oxford city at the ground? I hope to win into a game. My friend said the arena is not finished yet? Does that mean I can't watch match? I did niot know what he means by this.

Thank you werther man.
Farooq
Very funny

• React

Thank you werther man.
Farooq
Brilliant, can you introduce me to your sister?

Erm, we're out of both cups, and even the most insanely optimistic can't really believe we could mount a play off challenge.

What else is there?

ā€œOur Cup Finalā€....Makes us sound like the little team from down the road....

ā€œOur Cup Finalā€....Makes us sound like the little team from down the road....
No , that is because that team/side try and build it up to mean something ...with Swindon both sides/supporters want to win more than any other .
Don't go to Glasgow, Istanbul on derby day and say it's not like anyone has died lads !!!
What do you describe it as , just like Accrington away ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom