Home Match Day Thread 28/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't drink mate but thanks for trying to excuse my post...did KR set the team up with instructions to virtual hoof it from the first whistle? whether they were the right subs is a matter of opinion but i suspect are being used / blamed because the end result was not in our favour.
if it was thought through nobody could foresee what was to unfold, they were utter garbage and never looked remotely like scoring Be honest when you saw our team did you ever once think "oh this not a team being set up to win" ? as the game progressed did you ever once think "we're in trouble here"
had we of won 1-0 not 1 person would care or questioned the performance, the substitutions or anything else
Should he haver been put on notice Tuesday evening?
with regards the recruitment i've addressed that before, not 1 person on here knows who we went after failed to get etc etc and as i keep pointing out with our model things do not always turn out how we hoped and that's the gamble with the way we have to operate.
Well, if ever there was a time to start drinking, this was it! Truth is that both I and Mrs Lounger were questioning the team and tactics from before the end of the first half, such was our concern at the poor standard of passing and play in general. The second half was appalling in terms of skill levels and team play. Passes were going astray, balls hoofed forward with no discernible target, throw ins to marked players etc. etc. So, yes, we did think we are in trouble here. More than once. A lot.
Our concerns were so great that we both exclaimed how the team had fallen apart. We have put KR on notice long time ago, his post match ramblings have long left us with concerns. Ok, once in a while he talks sense and gives the impression of having both players and the club at the centre of his thoughts then, comes a day like today and without hesitation he condemns his players without a moments thought to their well being. It is understandable that he struggles with recruitment when players will regard his track record with suspicion.
Had we won today, 1-0 then we would have celebrated but not without a sense of relief at having got away with one.

I thought we *could* be in trouble when we started falling back and giving the ball away for fun. I thought we *were* in trouble when the let the first in, and the second came as no surprise (although the way we conceded, of course, was more of one!).
Seriously? i guess we all see and read the game differently...i never once felt uncomfortable, sure i was annoyed at the constant hoofing lacking of passing to a team mate etc but they really were an awful side that produced zilch and we descended to their level in the last 20 minutes or so.

I think you may have just won the award for worst take on a post ever.
No idea what you’re on about GUK... it seems some people think football is more important than anything else.... Apologies if I just don’t get it.

Clare wasn't in the squad today as he picked up a 5th yellow on Tuesday.
Fair enough, I'll let him off that one!

But I stand by everything else I've said, the guy needs to acknowledge his mistakes, take responsibility for them, and start doing the right and obvious things to rectify them, without seeing it as some sign of weakness or a dent to his ego, just because it's what everyone is calling out for.

It's really that simple, if he wants to keep the fans on his side, and keep the club in league 1, then he needs to accept that it's not the Karl Robinson show, with Oxford United coming along for the ride, it's the Oxford United show, and Karl Robinson is currently the one steering the ship...for now...

Seriously? i guess we all see and read the game differently...i never once felt uncomfortable, sure i was annoyed at the constant hoofing lacking of passing to a team mate etc but they really were an awful side that produced zilch and we descended to their level in the last 20 minutes or so.
Yes - I think that if you cannot retain the ball and keep retreating you put a defence under huge pressure no matter who you are playing. If you are a team with a dodgy defence, an out of sorts keeper and just a one goal lead playing a team whose substitutions have improved them (while your own have weakened you) then once you concede it's very likely you'll do so again.

Well, if ever there was a time to start drinking, this was it! Truth is that both I and Mrs Lounger were questioning the team and tactics from before the end of the first half, such was our concern at the poor standard of passing and play in general. The second half was appalling in terms of skill levels and team play. Passes were going astray, balls hoofed forward with no discernible target, throw ins to marked players etc. etc. So, yes, we did think we are in trouble here. More than once. A lot.
Our concerns were so great that we both exclaimed how the team had fallen apart. We have put KR on notice long time ago, his post match ramblings have long left us with concerns. Ok, once in a while he talks sense and gives the impression of having both players and the club at the centre of his thoughts then, comes a day like today and without hesitation he condemns his players without a moments thought to their well being. It is understandable that he struggles with recruitment when players will regard his track record with suspicion.
Had we won today, 1-0 then we would have celebrated but not without a sense of relief at having got away with one.
is that not the whole point though, sometimes you play poorly and win and other times like today you don't but i surely cannot be alone in thinking that they were so poor, created little worthy of note and. we never looked in the slightest bit of trouble Despite being way below our normal way of playing.

No idea what you’re on about GUK... it seems some people think football is more important than anything else.... Apologies if I just don’t get it.
The problem with that argument is you can make it about anything. Almost nothing is life and death, so you might as well not care about anything.

If any time someone tries to complain to something small to you, like a bad day at work or some other minor annoyance and you say ‘oh well, it’s not as important as people dying’ you’ll soon find people don’t want to be around you any more. Knock someone’s ice cream out of their hand and say ‘you didn’t die though, did you?’

I certainly dont and i dont know anyone who does. But i do know that i didnt give the pandemic a single thought for those 90 minutes today. And for the following hour i was so fuming i didnt think about it either. And i felt better for it having spent this week wondering how the heck im going to balance budgets.

Its ludicrous to suggest i was saying football is more important than people dying. It obviously isnt.

I certainly dont and i dont know anyone who does. But i do know that i didnt give the pandemic a single thought for those 90 minutes today. And for the following hour i was so fuming i didnt think about it either. And i felt better for it having spent this week wondering how the heck im going to balance budgets.

Its ludicrous to suggest i was saying football is more important than people dying. It obviously isnt.
post of the year.

Imagine watching a boxer getting hit in the head more and more with each passing round from 7-11, and then when they go down in the 12th saying they never looked like losing and that nobody could have predicted it. Honestly.

Goodnight. Lay off the kool aid.

Having lost loved ones in the past I can tell you for absolute certainty that a win over Swindon counts for s**t.

A win doesn’t bring them back and it certainly doesn’t soften the deep sense of loss.
A sense of context is required. For you, loss is not reconciled with a win at football, that is perfectly fair and a personal thing. For others, it's part of the process to get over that loss. it's a personal thing and it's what "escapism" is very much a part of in that recovery.
I lost both parents and Father-in-law in just over two years, we watched via video link the funeral of another close friend just yesterday. I have attended the funerals of other family in those same years and all carry a deep sense of loss and hurt but, the every day life is what makes carrying on worthwhile and helps to bring a sense of now and life back. Football is part of that every day life, it provides a release for all those pent up emotions, it allows one to scream at the TV screen (or better still from the terraces) it is a pressure valve for mental stress.

To lose then is a setback, a downer, for want of a better description. Does it matter in the greater scheme of things? Probably not but, it feels like it does, right now.

No it’s not more important than life of course not . The fact is I’m 58 , and the terrace and football matter , I expect you’re not from the same time , are you mate ?

2020 the year losing to Swindon didn't matter because we were in a Pandemic. 🤔 Yes there is more to life than football but I don't get the argument that we shouldn't care as much as people are losing lives and buisnesses are going bust. This happens all the time not just in a pandemic. Maybe if this virus was the end of the world we could use that argument.

The problem with that argument is you can make it about anything. Almost nothing is life and death, so you might as well not care about anything.

If any time someone tries to complain to something small to you, like a bad day at work or some other minor annoyance and you say ‘oh well, it’s not as important as people dying’ you’ll soon find people don’t want to be around you any more. Knock someone’s ice cream out of their hand and say ‘you didn’t die though, did you?’

Exactly this, it’s a nonsense argument.

You’re not making sense.

That’s like a general saying ‘you’re only questioning my tactics because we we were defeated’. Well... yes. We lost because of your tactics. Therefore they’re being questioned.

If we’d won 1-0 then we wouldn’t be questioning things because we’d won, so there’s nothing to question - although if the subs had caused us to fall apart as they did, I’m sure people would still question it to an extent.

If you accept that a manager can change the game in a positive way, and be praised for it, then you have to also accept the opposite side of the coin.
what i am saying is people say x y z is s**t etc but when we lose a game the very same players are stated as should have been playing.

Lose a game why was x taking off why didn't z come on etc etc etc

Sorry i may be alone here but i cannot believe that KR was instructing them to sit back, hoof it aimlessly fail to pass to a team mate etc etc etc or sat there thinking what shall i do we're giving them the ball back cheaply stick Mous in front of the back 4 or bring on attack minded players to try stretch them and give them something to think about..

2020 the year losing to Swindon didn't matter because we were in a Pandemic. 🤔 Yes there is more to life than football but I don't get the argument that we shouldn't care as much as people are losing lives and buisnesses are going bust. This happens all the time not just in a pandemic. Maybe if this virus was the end of the world we could use that argument.
I’m not going in to detail, but I have lost my business from the Dec 7 th 2020 . 7 years of business from no fault of my own . This virus 🦠 from the Chinese , as cost life’s and business . And killing the world as it was known, but this game still matters to me .

Still fumin. There's only one pit Karl Robinson is taking us with his fcukin minerals and that's to the cesspit off L2. Where STFC belong! What a shíte side and no not just talking about them but our waste of a space for a team. Haven't got a clue.

Get rid off KR now before it's to late, Get Sam Ricketss in he will turn us around no problem. Mark my words!!!w.
Ha, welcome to a lifetime of stress!

Might be best to close this thread now, I’m sure it’s all been said and it might help people move on.

• React
Reactions: UTM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom