Away Match Day Thread 12/12/2020 L1 - Blackpool v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did some people expect? We are in the relegation zone, away to the inform team.
We were never going to go there and play expansive football like we did at home vs Hull. Fans give KR stick for not changing tactics and too stubborn on the way we play yet when he does change it up the team still get stick!
It might not always be pretty but it was effective and got us a very good point.

It now gives us something to build on and I’d hope to get 7 points from the next 3 games.

Pretty dire performance, we were lucky to get a point. I dont think kelly, mcguane and ruffels are good enough for a top half league one team. This formation robbo sticks with only works if you have pacy wingers / strikers and we dont have any of them at the mo.
Lucky?
Mous could have won it and Stevens had no difficult saves.
They hit the woodwork twice, but look at the stats. We were hardly lucky

Did you watch the match? We created nowt except for the header at the end. We couldnt complain if they had won by 2 or 3. I guess its a good sign that were drawing when not playing well.

Did you watch the match? We created nowt except for the header at the end. We couldnt complain if they had won by 2 or 3. I guess its a good sign that were drawing when not playing well.
They had 50.6% possession, 6 shots with 2 on target, we had 5 shots with 2 on target, they had 4 corners to our 3, both keepers made 2 saves each, they made 14 fouls to our 12.
I’d say a draw was a fair result.

A comment of their forum, staying the onvious

Better finishing and we would have won by a few goals.

Watch it again; have you forgotten clear chances for Kelly, McGuane, Shodipo and Mousinho? I guess it’s easier to have a selective memory to make a point.

But they didn’t win by 2 or 3 so something went right for us.

They don’t seem to rate Woodburn.

To play Woodburn was staggering misjudgement.

I do hope we are not obliged to give him playing time, under the agreement with Liverpool. For me, let him go back, has offered nothing and is taking up a valuable squad number.

And last season we battered them yet
They don’t seem to rate Woodburn.

To play Woodburn was staggering misjudgement.

I do hope we are not obliged to give him playing time, under the agreement with Liverpool. For me, let him go back, has offered nothing and is taking up a valuable squad number.
Woodburn wasn't impressive tbh had little effect apart from diving and whinging .
Last season we were by far the better side yet lost ....thats football

Not exactly true Shadipo had an open shot at goal. He equally had a square pass for a Hall tap in as well. Whilst we didn't create a lot we did look more solid. Relegated teams lose most games, so away draws are good at this point in the season. If you want to win style points I suggest watching gymnastics or ice dancing.

Last edited:
A bit doomy and gloomy on radox post match...no good bemoaning players not making the bench who aren't completely on it in training or otherwise.
Plymouth btw are in a bit of free fall losing last 4.
at the risk of being pedantic (and knowing as have family members who support them) Plymouth have lost 5 league games in a row and shipped 15 goals in the process so seriously slipping down

Great defensive performance, we actually improved when Mousinho came on.

Not very exciting but will happily take a point.

Sam Long is improving with every game, a very classy appearance.

McGuane and Kelly not at the races, Hanson and Hall played soundly.

God preserve us from empty grounds and zilch atmosphere.

Great defensive performance, we actually improved when Mousinho came on.

Not very exciting but will happily take a point.

Sam Long is improving with every game, a very classy appearance.

McGuane and Kelly not at the races, Hanson and Hall played soundly.

God preserve us from empty grounds and zilch atmosphere.
Sam Long was my MOM. Great blocks and he gave everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom