Away Match Day Thread 12/12/2020 L1 - Blackpool v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Long was my MOM. Great blocks and he gave everything.
He always gives everything that's one thing guaranteed. I watched him regularly for the academy when my son was there and Sam was just the same then. One or two of the others could take a leaf out of his book!!

1. Shodipo should have squared it in the second half when he shot, there were a couple of players free to the right of the box!

2. A front three of Obita, Taylor and Henry, while hardworking and good defensively, just lacks too much pace to be truly threatening. Get Browne wide left and Whyte wide right (just using those as examples of players we’ve recently had) and we’d look a totally different team.

Jack Stevens has made a big difference.
Difficult to say at this stage, even though he has had two clean sheets, is more vocal and his distribution is better. He hasn't been seriously tested in three games yet and has also had a wobble or two (came out and caught in no-man's land on Saturday, to give one example). I don't think it would have been massively different with Easty there. Then again, the form Easty was in he may have done something monumentally asinine during this time as well.

In any case, the shirt is Stevens to lose for the rest of the season.

Difficult to say at this stage, even though he has had two clean sheets, is more vocal and his distribution is better. He hasn't been seriously tested in three games yet and has also had a wobble or two (came out and caught in no-man's land on Saturday, to give one example). I don't think it would have been massively different with Easty there. Then again, the form Easty was in he may have done something monumentally asinine during this time as well.

A defence can perform better and play with a lot more confidence if they have confidence and good communication from their goalkeeper.

I don't think it's any coincidence our defence has looked tighter since Stevens stepped up. I would say he's faced a few serious tests that I'm not sure Eastwood would have coped with based on his recent form.

Agree, but with the exception of some errant kicks and the no-mans-land example you mention, he hasn't made any active blunders yet, which is all we really need from a keeper at this moment in time. Eastwood, unfortunately, was making such blunders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom