Away Match Day Thread 10/10/2020 L1 Gillingham v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
U’s DRESSING ROOM at Priestfield Stadium :

Ej9iSmUXsAAvWUv

After predicting an abandoned game last week ( I thought weather not COVID) I am going 1-1

Jordan Graham is bound to score for them but we get late equaliser from one of the subs

Gillingham are always difficult opponents at their place and we don’t have a good record there

Feel we will struggle to get into the game for large periods but will kick on midway through second half

Still feel we are not as strong as last season. Haven’t replaced Fosu/Browne ,Baptiste, Dickie and especially Cadden with anything like the same calibrate of player.
We have got Winnall who should improve the attacking options but we need pace and creativity to create chances, at the back we are looking at bit light

I called out Lincoln and Gills as having recruited well (plus Brizzle which is a bit of an anomaly). Lincoln top of the league and playing very well. Gills been steady with Jordan Graham outstanding.

Ive been very open on here that i dont think weve recruited particularly well. Lets see how today goes.
Let’s see how it goes for the whole season.you didn’t fancy a bet on it last time I remember!

I don’t understand all this “take a draw” moderation of expectations. Last season we finished third, were storming towards the automatics and dominated a play off final.

We lost one to two decent players. And added plenty more. We should be striving to win this league and that means going in to every game expecting and hoping for a win.

0-2 Oxford.
We have lost three decent players from where we left off
Browne, Dickie and Holland and the jury is out but I haven’t seen anything yet to show me we have better players

Hmm. Based on that XI, I’ll stick to my 1-1 prediction.

We’re still not quite the balanced side I’d like us to be. I imagine KR thinks the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom