Away Match Day Thread 10/10/2020 L1 Gillingham v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clare isn’t a right back and we’ve known that for a while now. When he played on loan at Accrington and Gillingham he wasn’t played at right back. So why KR insists is beyond me!

Very frustrating to lose a game and shipping three goals in the process. Especially when we’ve dominated the majority of the game.

Get the lads in tomorrow defending set pieces and also lots of shooting practice.

KR you need to sign a couple of players next week, otherwise we have failed in this transfer window.

Usual suspects out in force today. That was a very good performance, going forward we looked like we were back to our best form of last year. I agree the defence is suspect, but they'll improve. Also, with a full squad we would be starting that game with different CBs (not that Long was poor) and Gorrin in front of them to protect them. Gillingham will be a decent side this year and we totally outplayed them for large portions.

Season is a marathon not a sprint. There are obviously flaws in the side, but if you seriously watched that and don't think we have the makings of a very good League One side you're being deliberately obtuse.

Three very soft (crap) pieces of defending from Clare, Eastwood and Ruffels for our three conceded goals.

Not me. 4 games in. 42 to go. No need to worry.

We can't keep a clean sheet so you've got little chance then to be successful. And if your 'keeper
allows the sort of goal the Gills scored after ten minutes to creep in like that it's going to be difficult.

Having said that we missed a hatful of chances. I'll admit for large parts we are decent to watch but we're naive!

Another season, another bad start in terms of points to games. What is it? Think we will win v Crewe on Tuesday. Just frustrating.

We are paying for having a mentality where defenders are treated as an inconvenience, rather than an integral part of a successful side. Too many frailties; teams don’t need many chances to punish us.

At least Agyei scored. Lol.

To defend Ruffels, Agyei was nowhere to be seen tracking back.

Thing is though, Ruffels was just as bad for the third, as Clare was for the first. Almost identical the way they were beaten so easily.
Agyei has to help for third. Ruffs was marking 2 players

Bizarre game which could easily of finished 5 all due to our paper thin defence but couldn’t because we are so wasteful in front of goal. Was an entertaining game but it’s obvious where we need to recruit if we can afford to, centre back and left wing have to be the priority as we have only two raw players in those positions who were unavailable today and it left us so unbalanced.

We will settle down and improve to around mid table but the bad start will leaving us wondering what might of been again. You can’t let in 8 in your opening four games and score one from 26 chances in one match and not have problems though.

On the possession stat hasn’t football moved away from that over the last few years, plenty of teams have been successful with less of the ball, it’s more about the quality of what you do with it (attacking) and without it (defending) and we are lacking at the moment.

We created good chances today. But we were so nieve in defence. I said it 2 weeks ago, big center back experience, to win headers and smash a few. Captain needed. We are in my mind 3 players short of a better team than last year. But unless Robinson gets these players in mid table is about it. We have to take our chances better than today. This could easily been 4-4. 3 points against crew absolutely a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom