Votes: 66 84.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Away Win

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BristolOx

Excited for this. Shrewsbury haven't started very well.
I wouldn't be averse to some changes as I imagine it'll be a completely different challenge to Stevenage.

1696182067351.png

Reckon I'd also be happy for us to switch it up again and go attacking. Something like this -
lineup.png

On to tomorrow night and I think Shrewsbury will be a tough nut to crack.

Heart says 3 points, head says I would take a point.

Last edited:
On to tomorrow night and I think Shrewsbury will be a tough nut to crack.

Heart says 3 points, head says I would take a point.

Orient, Rovers and Carlisle - all of them in the bottom half - cracked them in the past month!

If we're serious about competing for the automatics (and with the squad Manning's put together, the start we've had to the season and the relative weakness of this year's league, we should be), then this is the sort of game where 3 points is an absolute must. Shrewsbury will probably be solid and well organized, but results would suggest that they're not going to be very good.

On the team.....unless one of them has an injury, it would be lunacy to rest either McGuane or Cam. They've been awesome, and they'll get a two week break after the weekend. Maybe you can take them off on the hour if we're already three goals up by then!

I think Harris has been effective and dangerous enough that he comes back in, because he offers the pace and mobility that Bodin - as good as he is - doesn't have.
Then I'd probably like to see Mills & Murphy on the flanks as well - they're the most attacking of our currently fit options, and I reckon Murphy is due a start after the quality of his recent substitute cameos.......
That means you've got to choose between Bodin and Rodrigues for the #10 role. Which is very harsh on whoever misses out, but they can start at the weekend.....
So many choices for the back four and, frankly, none of them bad. We've got seven good League One players back there to choose from. Not sure that we've been in that situation in my Oxford-supporting lifetime!

Shrewsbury apparently have gone the whole of September (4 matches) without scoring a league goal.

Cheltenham Town says ‘hold my beer’.

It’s one of those tricky matches where they could frustrate and Nick a goal from nowhere or cling on with a battling defensive display or cave quickly. No easy matches in this League and they have enough quality to stay up again this term.

Should be a tough match.

Vs Shrewsbury. 3-0
Beadle
Long Moore Negru Leigh
Mills McGuane Brannagan Goodrham
Rodrigues
Harris

Vs Rovers 2-1
Beadle
Stevens Moore Thorniley Brown
Murphy McGuane Brannagan Leigh
Rodrigues
Harris

Top of the league on Saturday with 27 points.

Vs Shrewsbury. 3-0
Beadle
Long Moore Negru Leigh
Mills McGuane Brannagan Goodrham
Rodrigues
Harris

Vs Rovers 2-1
Beadle
Stevens Moore Thorniley Brown
Murphy McGuane Brannagan Leigh
Rodrigues
Harris

Top of the league on Saturday with 27 points.

No Bodin? That’s harsh!

Mills and Murphy are must starters for Tues
Probably back 4
Not sure why people still pick Bodin as Harris must start.
Probably because Bodin is probably the best No 10 at the club.
And Rodrigues is great too. Happy days!

I expect them to come at us for 15-20 minutes but we’ll have too much for them in the end. 2-0 win.

I think tomorrow we will stick with a back 3, especially given Edwards' injury. Shrewsbury are likely to sit in a low block and the 3 allows us to play Harris, Bodin & Rodrigues. There is less necessity for wingers as there wont be as much space to exploit on the break out wide due to Shrewsbury being reluctant to commit men forward.

I think we will then revert to a back 4 against Bristol as they are much mo gung-ho and will leave space out wide to exploit on the break.

I reckon Harris and Mills will be in the starting 11 tomorrow to add a bit of pace and energy whatever formation we play, Manning will want a couple of fresher legs in there.

Back
Top Bottom