League One Wycombe legal action

bazzer9461

God like member
Wycombe wanderers are threatening to take legal action after Derby County enter administration.

Part of a statement from the Wycombe chairman.

348A48FC-BC7C-4181-A976-54C9AE58965E.jpeg

Simply explain to your shareholders that had the team performed better on the pitch they would not have been in the Relegation places.

Yet more evidence that it's all about the money

Putting local 'rivalries' to one side, I don't blame them - Derby have got away with too much here probably based on heritage and being a 'big club' with Rooney as manager.

I know for a fact that OUFC were close to suing the Conference following fax-gate because we missed out on the play-offs as a result of the points deduction - what's good for the goose.........

Simply explain to your shareholders that had the team performed better on the pitch they would not have been in the Relegation places.

Yet more evidence that it's all about the money
Their chairman is now throwing toys out of the pram mind you though if a small club like Wycombe claim they are now losing 20 million as a result of not being in the championship, wonder why we would earn being in the championship.

Putting local 'rivalries' to one side, I don't blame them - Derby have got away with too much here probably based on heritage and being a 'big club' with Rooney as manager.

I know for a fact that OUFC were close to suing the Conference following fax-gate because we missed out on the play-offs as a result of the points deduction - what's good for the goose.........
What would Wycombe be achieving if they sued Derby? Would they be hoping for a 20 million pound windfall from a club themat haven’t got any money?

What would Wycombe be achieving if they sued Derby? Would they be hoping for a 20 million pound windfall from a club themat haven’t got any money?
The article that you posted says that they haven't stated who the claim would be against. I suspect it would be against the EFL in the same way as our claim that I alluded to in my earlier post would have been against the Conference if we had pursued it.

The article that you posted says that they haven't stated who the claim would be against. I suspect it would be against the EFL in the same way as our claim that I alluded to in my earlier post would have been against the Conference if we had pursued it.
9B963D73-0E92-4BEF-8C07-4B5CD8721EE9.jpeg

Surely the rules for docking points for entering administration can't have been applied last season, as Derby didn't go into Administration until...
1632218042288.png

...which is this season no? Didn't their problems come to light only after the conclusion of last season?

That's the BBC's interpretation rather than a statement from Wycombe themselves. However, looking at the article below it would appear that Derby would be the main targets as their Chairman appears to have admitted in a Radio Derby interview that a delay in filing accounts means they potentially avoided a points deduction last year. Good luck to Wycombe on this one as I think they have been badly treated here.

That's the BBC's interpretation rather than a statement from Wycombe themselves. However, looking at the article below it would appear that Derby would be the main targets as their Chairman appears to have admitted in a Radio Derby interview that a delay in filing accounts means they potentially avoided a points deduction last year. Good luck to Wycombe on this one as I think they have been badly treated here.

This could open a can of worms. Will the EFL act as Wycombe May hope that Derby change places ( which would never happen ) or try and get up to 20 million in compensation for lost earnings, best of luck with that.

I think this is karma for the classless way Wycombe acted in the pandemic hit season.

Firstly they said they wanted the season halted (and made most of their staff redundant) as soon as the pandemic hit, claiming they could not afford to carry on. Then they argued for basic PPG, which benefitted them due to having played three more home games (where they had a very good record) than away games (where they had a very bad record). That meant they qualified for the play-offs and they miraculously could afford to play again! Then the way they acted before, during, and mostly after Wembley was despicable. They cheated to win the penalty, by one of their subs shouting "my ball" causing the confusion between Eastwood and Moore. But the way they, and Akinfewa in particular, gloated afterwards still sticks in my throat to this day. And don't forget they were still trying to cheat their way to the points against us last week, so have learnt nothing.

They didn't deserve to be there in the first place and now, surprise surprise, have the gall to claim that they should be given another chance. f**k them, nasty, cheating, classless club that deserves absolutely no sympathy at all.

This could open a can of worms. Will the EFL act as Wycombe May hope that Derby change places ( which would never happen ) or try and get up to 20 million in compensation for lost earnings, best of luck with that.
There's no way they would swap places now - this would be a pure revenue reclaim as our claim against the Conference would have been if we had pursued it.

I think this is karma for the classless way Wycombe acted in the pandemic hit season.

Firstly they said they wanted the season halted (and made most of their staff redundant) as soon as the pandemic hit, claiming they could not afford to carry on. Then they argued for basic PPG, which benefitted them due to having played three more home games (where they had a very good record) than away games (where they had a very bad record). That meant they qualified for the play-offs and they miraculously could afford to play again! Then the way they acted before, during, and mostly after Wembley was despicable. They cheated to win the penalty, by one of their subs shouting "my ball" causing the confusion between Eastwood and Moore. But the way they, and Akinfewa in particular, gloated afterwards still sticks in my throat to this day. And don't forget they were still trying to cheat their way to the points against us last week, so have learnt nothing.

They didn't deserve to be there in the first place and now, surprise surprise, have the gall to claim that they should be given another chance. f**k them, nasty, cheating, classless club that deserves absolutely no sympathy at all.
Say what you mean Colin, get off the fence!

Well said young man

Probably a case of the new American owners realising it will cost a plenty to play in L1 and it will cost them and not realising you don’t make money in football unless you’re in the higher reaches of the premiership.

Ach, this fluffy, touchy-feely stuff really gets my goat.

Back
Top Bottom