Winding-up petition number 5 - Here we go again!!!

So, they’ve let this one get as far as being published in the Gazette again. Shameful.
Tiger said last week on RADOX that they haven't paid it and would pay it just before the court date....

The problem with Kassam's "muh munney" interview on the radio was it kind of opened him up to the club stringing him along. I bet they try and pay him in 1s and 2s as well just to aggravate him.

I've always wondered what it would be like to see someone like FK who is fond of playing games with others due to the absolute control he has, to have someone do it to him. My feeling is he's not so fond of other people taking his ball away. Let' see how it all ends up.

Reading through this, are these posters the gang that boo'd the board on Saturday...Tiger was pretty straight on the radio last week , just the answers didn't meet the agenda of some.

Scotchegg doesn't work for the club, but does get tired of the same fears being dragged out every few months by the same posters but with nothing to back them up.

We were told a year ago that one winding up petition would result in others jumping on the bandwagon yet nothing happened. Again in October/November we were being told about cold showers, lawn mowers being repossessed, yet nothing happened. Then in January we heard about hotels not being paid, yet nothing happened. Then in March, wages a couple of days late we were told that administration would happen, yet guess what? Nothing happened.

So it's popular to scream that the end of the world is nigh, but if you keep screaming it without anything actually happening you end up looking like David Ike in a turquoise shell suit!! (google youngsters!)

So, I may not hold the popular view, as I didn't when I said to give MApp time in his first season, or when I said to judge Robinson on a settled side this year, but guess what? I'm more often right than I am wrong!!

So I'll let others stress about what may or may not happen and I'll enjoy the journey with all the ups and downs that we've had for the last 30-40 years!

So please let me know the additional debtors that have come out of the woodwork and you've been warning about for the last year? Or maybe the wider financial impact these petitions have had? It certainly hasn't put off potential investors, or hindered our activity in the transfer market, or caused disharmony in the changing room. In fact, on the pitch performances have been better since most of these financial concerns arose.

See, we can all come on here and scaremongering every few months, but show some facts to back this up.
The consequence of letting the latest petition be published in the Gazette is the clubs' bank accounts are likely to be frozen - not necessarily calamitous but will require directors to settle bills from personal accounts until the bill is paid and petition dismissed by the court.
Having said that, it does appear to be a deliberate act by the club to annoy FK with the consequences, presumably, well understood.

I've always wondered what it would be like to see someone like FK who is fond of playing games with others due to the absolute control he has, to have someone do it to him. My feeling is he's not so fond of other people taking his ball away. Let' see how it all ends up.

FK doesn't get mad, he gets even - and then some.

But is he shrewd enough to take on a fight he might not win?

Scotchegg doesn't work for the club, but does get tired of the same fears being dragged out every few months by the same posters but with nothing to back them up.

We were told a year ago that one winding up petition would result in others jumping on the bandwagon yet nothing happened. Again in October/November we were being told about cold showers, lawn mowers being repossessed, yet nothing happened. Then in January we heard about hotels not being paid, yet nothing happened. Then in March, wages a couple of days late we were told that administration would happen, yet guess what? Nothing happened.

So it's popular to scream that the end of the world is nigh, but if you keep screaming it without anything actually happening you end up looking like David Ike in a turquoise shell suit!! (google youngsters!)

So, I may not hold the popular view, as I didn't when I said to give MApp time in his first season, or when I said to judge Robinson on a settled side this year, but guess what? I'm more often right than I am wrong!!

So I'll let others stress about what may or may not happen and I'll enjoy the journey with all the ups and downs that we've had for the last 30-40 years!
Again, this is what you said back in December: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/hmrc.590/page-30#post-95637

With all that has happened since then, I find it bizarre that you now seek to downplay and explain it all away. You’re saying that “nothing happened”, but things have happened - and very publicly. Just think what’s lurking in the shadows which hasn’t got out yet. I dread to think how much Eales is still owed. There’s also the small issue of last season’s account with the largest operating loss the club has ever had.

So, just as you find it tiresome to hear the same fears being dragged out by the same posters, it’s equally tiresome to hear the same posters dismiss legitimate concerns which potentially affect the long term future of our club.

Again, this is what you said back in December: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/hmrc.590/page-30#post-95637

With all that has happened since then, I find it bizarre that you now seek to downplay and explain it all away. You’re saying that “nothing happened”, but things have happened - and very publicly. Just think what’s lurking in the shadows which hasn’t got out yet. I dread to think how much Eales is still owed. There’s also the small issue of last season’s account with the largest operating loss the club has ever had.

So, just as you find it tiresome to hear the same fears being dragged out by the same posters, it’s equally tiresome to hear the same posters dismiss legitimate concerns which potentially affect the long term future of our club.

"Just think what's lurking in the shadows that hasn't got out yet?"

You see, this is the same line pushed time and time again without any evidence that ANYTHING is lurking in the shadows. We have our investigative journalists posters and those like @myles who are very adapt at looking into these shadows but have found absolutely nothing to substantiate these fears.

Would it be difficult to evidence that the training ground wasn't fit for purpose? The showers were cold? The lawnmowers removed? The groundsman denied access? Or how about hotel bills not being paid? Local contractors out of pocket? Players and staff not being paid on more than one occasion?

Because whilst it is valid to criticise the financial mismanagement that has seen us face numerous winding up orders, it is also ridiculous to use this just to make things up. Bills have been paid late, and there is no excuse for that, but crucially they have been paid.

Kassam is stamping his feet, but again this is political on both sides. He (or those close to him) have now alerted the press twice that a winding up petition was in place. On the first occasion this simply wasn't true. The second time is true, and shouldn't have happened, but it looks very much like Tiger and co. are fed up dancing to his tune.

In life we can either sit around moaning that it might rain, or go out and enjoy ourselves and worry about getting wet when it happens. At best, we've had a few annoying showers rather than the biblical floods some have predicted!

Last edited:

Staff not being able to pay their bills and ending up having to pay fines and interest. Nothing happened!

Last edited:

You see, this is the same line pushed time and time again without any evidence that ANYTHING is lurking in the shadows. We have our investigative journalists posters and those like @myles who are very adapt at looking into these shadows but have found absolutely nothing to substantiate these fears.
I flagged up concerns well before he came on board that it seemed that ST didn’t personally have the funds to run the club himself.

I flagged the links with Pairoj and Jack, and people like Dave T tried to shout me down as there was no evidence that they were involved.

I flagged up what happened at Reading and the need to understand what ST’s plans for the club are.

And what’s happened? We’ve had five WUPs, wages unpaid, Pairoj and Jack shown to be involved, and absolutely no indication of what ST’s plans are well over a year after he took over. Throw in a record operating loss, substantial sums still owed to DE, and an even worse relationship with the landlord and yet this is all just some “annoying showers”.

Would it be difficult to evidence that the training ground wasn't fit for purpose? The showers were cold? The lawnmowers removed? The groundsman denied access? Or how about hotel bills not being paid? Local contractors out of pocket? Players and staff not being paid on more than one occasion?

Because whilst it is valid to criticise the financial mismanagement that has seen us face numerous winding up orders, it is also ridiculous to use this just to make things up. Bills have been paid late, and there is no excuse for that, but crucially they have been paid.

Kassam is stamping his feet, but again this is political on both sides. He (or those close to him) have now alerted the press twice that a winding up petition was in place. On the first occasion this simply wasn't true. The second time is true, and shouldn't have happened, but it looks very much like Tiger and co. are fed up dancing to his tune.

In life we can either sit around moaning that ot might rain, or go out and enjoy ourselves and worry about getting wet when it happens. At best, we've had a few annoying showers rather than the biblical floods some have predicted!
Unfortunately people do have genuine concerns, and the evidence of that are the facts that you highlighted about the WUPs and failure to pay staff on time, there is no argument this shouldn't be happening IF the club was being run properly.
You put an argument that the owner(s) are now messing FK around, you have no idea if that is true while dismissing peoples concerns about what they can see as real.
Also talking about yourself in the 3rd person and then quoting things you might have got right as evidence that you know it all, is poor show. Sometimes people agree with you sometimes they don't I suppose that depends on the subject matter, we all have opinions on what we see and hear and this is the place to air those opinions but this is not a court of law that everything is gospel.

I flagged up concerns well before he came on board that it seemed that ST didn’t personally have the funds to run the club himself.

I flagged the links with Pairoj and Jack, and people like Dave T tried to shout me down as there was no evidence that they were involved.

I flagged up what happened at Reading and the need to understand what ST’s plans for the club are.

And what’s happened? We’ve had five WUPs, wages unpaid, Pairoj and Jack shown to be involved, and absolutely no indication of what ST’s plans are well over a year after he took over. Throw in a record operating loss, substantial sums still owed to DE, and an even worse relationship with the landlord and yet this is all just some “annoying showers”.

Maybe that’s the trouble with being the boy who cries wolf. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever seen you post something positive about the club. Why no beware of sartori ? He has as many associates in his closet with family members ?

Anyway that’s in the past. What’s ur thoughts on the latest 2 directors ? I’m guessing since u have thrown in a caveat that it was tigers “personal wealth” you were worried about, and that’s there’s been no beware of the thohir or Bakrie threads that your ok with these guys being involved ?

And we don't even know if it was only Tigers personal wealth in the first place. Perhaps the biggest question to surround the club is who is financing what, who owns what shares in the Singapore Ltd company, and what is the cost, including debt and interest to the club?

Maybe that’s the trouble with being the boy who cries wolf. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever seen you post something positive about the club. Why no beware of sartori ? He has as many associates in his closet with family members ?
Trotting out that old chestnut again Dave? It’s hard to produce evidence that simply doesn’t exist.

But, whilst you’re here, and as an OxVox committee member, perhaps you could answer this:

Who is behind Knightsbridge Asia Ltd? The BVi company with a substantial stake in ST’s holding company? Has that question been asked?

And we don't even know if it was only Tigers personal wealth in the first place. Perhaps the biggest question to surround the club is who is financing what, who owns what shares in the Singapore Ltd company, and what is the cost, including debt and interest to the club?
I’ve published on here the shareholdings in ST’s holding company. The only mysterious one is Knightsbridge Asia Ltd - as a BVI company it’s difficult to determine who are behind them and @OxVox seem reluctant to answer that particular question too.

Trotting out that old chestnut again Dave? It’s hard to produce evidence that simply doesn’t exist.

But, whilst you’re here, and as an OxVox committee member, perhaps you could answer this:

Who is behind Knightsbridge Asia Ltd? The BVi company with a substantial stake in ST’s holding company? Has that question been asked?

So u can have concerns over tigers associates but not sartoris father-in-law ? Who there is plenty of concern about.

I don’t want another war of words myles, I’ve stayed well clear of getting drawn into anything on here for over a year and haven’t mentioned u once. Feel free to have arguments with others but bring me into it and I will question you.

As for your concerns about oxvox you will have to ask them, I stepped down from the committee 38 days ago

Back
Top Bottom