Chairman Winding up order served by Kassam

Yes, addressing the points in your post is definitely a "random reply". :rolleyes:

So, you're associating me with a group which was supposedly anti-IL? Well, that's news to me! By this "group" I assume you mean Sennett and Methven? One of whom was accused of being too close to the Lenegans whilst chair of OxVox, and the other acted as an advisor to the Lenegans. Clearly, they were rabidly anti-IL! And, for the record, I don't think I even met Sennett until around 2008-9, so how I was meant to be a part of this group, Lord knows!

You do hit on an interesting point though about not being able to post the stuff I want though. It's fairly apparent that in the not-too-distant-past, OxVox sacrificed a certain degree of its openness and independence to ensure a "relationship" with the club. For example, the Q&A with DE in July '17 was published with claims from DE which committee members knew to be false, but they were allowed to go unchallenged. We than have the total radio silence over the ST bid and takeover, despite the obvious (for those who cared to look) concerns over his potential stewardship.

There clearly is a balance which needs to be struck when trying to work in partnership with the club, but the question has to be asked: what's the point in having a relationship if the quid pro quo is that you can't challenge false claims, you can't pass on information to the members you are supposed to represent, and you effectively become a part of the club's PR machine. Recent events suggest that the current committee have taken a big step in the right direction with an apparently more robust approach being taken. I do wonder at what point they will stop waiting for answers to questions and start some form of protest over the way the club is run and how fans are being treated. There clearly has to be a threshold somewhere, and I'd be interested to learn where they think that lies.
The only thing I'm associating you with is the group, I never implied you were part of it them at the time..

After what you said about chaz and mark, do you not think it's a bit strange given their positions why they would be filtering out info.

Oxvox will have to answer that themselves.

Last edited:
The only thing I'm associating you with is the group, I never implied you were part of it them at the time..
Oh come off it, Mick. What you said was:

You warned us about IL, that didn't quite pan out in your favour when he got us back in the league.

So, no you didn't imply anything, you stated it as fact. When I pointed out that I'd not done what you claimed, you then suggested that I was part of the group who did, apparently, have an anti-IL agenda. And now, you seem only to be saying that I just know the people involved and I wasn't part of that group after all!!

Anyway, that's all ancient history. The current situation is the one which needs the focus of people's attention.

Oh come off it, Mick. What you said was:

So, no you didn't imply anything, you stated it as fact. When I pointed out that I'd not done what you claimed, you then suggested that I was part of the group who did, apparently, have an anti-IL agenda. And now, you seem only to be saying that I just know the people involved and I wasn't part of that group after all!!

Anyway, that's all ancient history. The current situation is the one which needs the focus of people's attention.
Again, your mind being over productive.
If you are going to be pedantic, you criticism of NM is also relevant to his boss IL, the same as Today with NM and Tiger. The buck stops at the top.

So what are you views on the position of chaz and mark ? one working for the club, the other buddying up to the Lenegans, are you saying I'm not telling the truth about what I was told?

So anyway, it seems this "Kassam" winding up petition never actually got filed.
Presumably why the club don't see the need to answer questions about it. (not that questions in general about Tiger and how he is financing the club aren't valid)

Remember Eales claimed one of the reasons he pulled out of the "Sartori" deal was leaking of information?

Well who leaked this winding up petition then, and what was the motive for doing so?

Last edited:
Ive got Oxvox life membership ....cheaper fee for those of us over a certain age :sneaky:
I'm a 75yr old state pensioner and I too have paid for a life membership. I have supported the U's since the old Southern league in 1962 but living in W. Yorks, I only manage to get to away matches in Yorks. and Lancs. Despite that, I consider it almost a duty to pay to join OxVox, particularly during these trying times. It cost me more than the fee just to go to Blackpool.

Last edited:
All of this oxvox stuff aside, wasn't today the day for WUP? Does anyone know what happened? Was there a hearing in the high Court?

Sorry, I may have missed the outcome - been busy last couple of days

We all care about the future of our club BUT all of this continuos drivling on :
“Was that another WUP “
“ When will the next WUP arrive”
“ Why hasn’t there been another WUP”
“ Why have the players and staff been paid”
Etc etc.
In spite of providing much funding and continuing to payroll our loss making club,Tiger has clearly made mistakes.
All most fans want is some clarity on the here,now and immediate future-after our League One status is secured.
We need 16 points, all efforts should be directed towards supporting the team and management.
Now is definitely NOT the time for any negativity from the terraces or the ground campus.

All of this oxvox stuff aside, wasn't today the day for WUP? Does anyone know what happened? Was there a hearing in the high Court?

Sorry, I may have missed the outcome - been busy last couple of days
We all care about the future of our club BUT all of this continuos drivling on :
“Was that another WUP “
“ When will the next WUP arrive”
“ Why hasn’t there been another WUP”
“ Why have the players and staff been paid”
Etc etc.
In spite of providing much funding and continuing to payroll our loss making club,Tiger has clearly made mistakes.
All most fans want is some clarity on the here,now and immediate future-after our League One status is secured.
We need 16 points, all efforts should be directed towards supporting the team and management.
Now is definitely NOT the time for any negativity from the terraces or the ground campus.
B*****s

I should clarify my response. Of course we'll support the team and hope we get the points but your response is bullshit and we don't all want security 'here and now'. We want, or I personally want, some feedback from the owner(s) as to what their plans are for our club.

We could scrape survival but it won't mean anything. Why the f**k did tiger take over our club., why is he here, what are his plans and what does he want.

But then you have admin costs eating into fee each year so £10 for 3 years may be better value for the Trust as it strikes a balance. Also, the time taken to do the admin of chasing renewals each year by the relevant committee member/s I suspect is time consuming already which would increase, at a guess considerably.

Less than 1p/day!

Never mentioned “Security”.
Did mention “ Clarity”
As for “ B o l l o c k s” each to there own.
I suspect we will not get the real answers wanted,anytime soon.

Never mentioned “Security”.
Did mention “ Clarity”
As for “ B o l l o c k s” each to there own.
I suspect we will not get the real answers wanted,anytime soon.
I apologise, I've had a few drinks tonight and saw secured (when you were talking about league position) and agree with your clarity statement.

I stand by my statement though that even if we scrape through the relegation battle, I still want to know what Tiger and his partners want from our club. He's another firoz kassam, I believe, and don't belive he has anythong other than his own financial interests at heart.

Again, I apologise southyellow, it was the beer talking and I blame it on my love for this club

Just join OxVox, on the basis there's no sensible reason not to!

To be honest, suggesting £10 for three year membership is beyond anyone's means is bordering on ludicrous, and the idea that a lower annual fee of £4 (or whatever) would encourage more members to join is almost laughable.

And I'm astounded if anyone is seriously not joining because non-members can read all OxVox communications a few days later!

I'm sure there are valid reasons, but to anyone who's not a member - why? Can't be bothered? Just haven't got round to it? Think OxVox is a waste of time? Don't like the current committee?
I'm not saying £10 is too much or beyond their means but some fans just want to pay for their ticket and support the team and aren't bothered about joining.
It's about strength in numbers and maybe more of the younger/student/poorer fans would be more inclined to spend a few quid rather than a tenner. who knows, was just a thought

I apologise, I've had a few drinks tonight and saw secured (when you were talking about league position) and agree with your clarity statement.

I stand by my statement though that even if we scrape through the relegation battle, I still want to know what Tiger and his partners want from our club. He's another firoz kassam, I believe, and don't belive he has anythong other than his own financial interests at heart.

Again, I apologise southyellow, it was the beer talking and I blame it on my love for this club
Apology not needed.
We’re all passionate about our club.
I think(hope) Tiger is also.
We just need him to come clean.

Saying I buddied up to the Lenagan’s is comical and they’d actually laugh at you if you said that in their presence.

We had a statement published on the official club website saying we didn’t agree with season ticket price rises.

We went in the press demanding they be honest and say if they were selling the club.

We categorically told them there was no off the record if they were selling the club.

It’s well known I had a blazing row with Kelvin over a lack of information being shared.

There’s plenty of other instances too by that doesn’t fit your agenda.

Was there mutual respect? Yes. Do I think there are good people? Yes? Did we criticise on all issue when necessary including management? Yes we did.

But this is all history now the key issue is what we need to do to protect the future of our football club because there are clearly huge issues and the supporters trust are being fobbed off and we are still to here what their next steps are.

To answer another question above I hope there’s no need for FOUL or something similar but if strongly worded statements of disappointment are all OxVox is going to release it’s my view that this won’t get the job done as despite previous promises to these statements, further financial issues arose.

Saying I buddied up to the Lenagan’s is comical and they’d actually laugh at you if you said that in their presence.

We had a statement published on the official club website saying we didn’t agree with season ticket price rises.

We went in the press demanding they be honest and say if they were selling the club.

We categorically told them there was no off the record if they were selling the club.

It’s well known I had a blazing row with Kelvin over a lack of information being shared.

Was there mutual respect? Yes. Do I think there are good people? Yes? Did we criticise on all issue when necessary including management? Yes we did.

But this is all history now the key issue is what we need to do to protect the future of our football club because there are clearly huge issues and the supporters trust are being fobbed off and we are still to here what their next steps are.

To answer another question above I hope there’s no need for FOUL or something similar but if strongly worded statements of disappointment are all OxVox is going to release it’s my view that this won’t get the job done as despite previous promises to these statements, further financial issues arose.
Mark, this is a genuine question: What do you think Oxvox - and also the fan base in general - can and should be doing at this time? It seems to me that since Tiger was stung by the upside down banners, the shutters between the supporters and the ‘board’ (as Karl likes to call the shadowy organisation above him) have come down and the lines of communication severed. What actions can be taken to try and flush some real information and answers out? I don’t class the shallow sanitised ‘Chairman’s Notes’ as real information btw.

No real meaningful response from Tiger and his lackeys says it all for me. Again I say we should be getting this issue into the mainstream media!

No good waiting on the yokel local paper to run anything, OXVOX and anyone else who can should be highlighting this story to various media outlets.

I know we are only a small club and not in the plastic league but I still think it's a newsworthy story and may put some pressure on for REAL answers instead of bullshit!

I don't see how splitting the fan base by founding another supporter's group can possibly be a good idea.

You do realise myles brought that into a post.

Back
Top Bottom