Chairman Winding up order served by Kassam

Come off it, ScotchEgg. Criticising FK may be cathartic and you’ll rachet up a few ‘likes’ on here by being emotive about it, but what do you set to achieve by going in with pitchforks and torches against him? Stoicism is needed, not rhetoric about charging in, balls out.

No one on here is suggesting we bow down to him. Others are sensibly debating how best to approach him. Bullishness doesn’t work. DE found that out and you don’t need to have a long memory to realise that ST’s sabre-rattling at the fans forum has backfired spectacularly too. Call FK every name under the sun. It solves nothing and will fail to generate anything because he doesn’t give a piddling crap what anyone things of him.

The only time I think I’ve seen FK sit up and take nothing of anything that Oxford fans have done since he left here was when the Kassam Stadium was regarded as an ACV. He challenged that and lost. In terms of cards in the pack, it was essentially the ‘Rules of Bridge card’ but it did mean he didn’t quite hold all of them. Finding those little legal angles to undermine his authority or to stretch his patience on things is the best approach. Not the moaning, cursing and rabble-rousing approach where you’re certain to come off worse approach you seen to be suggesting.

The beginning of your 2nd paragraph,

No one on here is suggesting we bow down to him. Others are sensibly debating how best to approach him.
I thought Oxvox had been dealing with him but never seem to get anywhere of note regarding the stadium whether it be as how best to purchase the stadium and when that got no where after the take over the re-negotiationing of the lease, nothing seems to have come of that, I have without trying to sound condescending have always said Kassam agreed to meetings with Oxvox to try and make himself look good but without resolving anything. No one can work with that man and I can’t see why someone hasn’t looked into any thing that someone could do legally against Kassam or even forcing him to sell.

One question for the life of me who is ST

The beginning of your 2nd paragraph,

No one on here is suggesting we bow down to him. Others are sensibly debating how best to approach him.
I thought Oxvox had been dealing with him but never seem to get anywhere of note regarding the stadium whether it be as how best to purchase the stadium and when that got no where after the take over the re-negotiationing of the lease, nothing seems to have come of that, I have without trying to sound condescending have always said Kassam agreed to meetings with Oxvox to try and make himself look good but without resolving anything. No one can work with that man and I can’t see why someone hasn’t looked into any thing that someone could do legally against Kassam or even forcing him to sell.

I’m pretty sure he’s referring to Tiger Bazzer ?

Yes we do get reasonable value, if you took the time to compare what other football clubs have to pay rent to their landlords By the way, there is a fair few.

We pay circa £300,000 rent.

Should the football club look to work on a new deal for revenue splits, something that was on the table, if the football club looked to work with Firoka on a 4th stand, yes that too was on the table, then things might start working. It'll take time because until November, some members of staff were more intent on pursuing an arbitration they were unlikely to win, whilst seeing the legal bill increase.

Whilst I have some sympathy for the points you make Simon, it is important to be accurate if complaining over the inaccuracy of others.

The license fee or "rent" was £278,650 on 1 July 2007. It rises by RPI annually. RPI base on 1 July 2007 was 206.1 and on 1 July 2018 it was 281.7.

Therefore, the rent this season should be £278,650 x 281.7/206.1 = £380,862

The maintenance charges are on top of that.

But as a point of comparison, I am told that Bradford pay circa £800k per annum in rent. Whether that is correct I have not confirmed.

Lol.

I think calling him 'Tiger' shows some sort of regard or even respect. Personally I feel neither for him (and can't be bothered typing out his full name) so he's ST when I post. I have got other names I'd like to call him mind...

Whilst I have some sympathy for the points you make Simon, it is important to be accurate if complaining over the inaccuracy of others.

The license fee or "rent" was £278,650 on 1 July 2007. It rises by RPI annually. RPI base on 1 July 2007 was 206.1 and on 1 July 2018 it was 281.7.

But as a point of comparison, I am told that Bradford pay circa £800k per annum in rent. Whether that is correct I have not confirmed.

Just to be accurate, I assume the £278.650 was the rent in 2017, not 2007 as stated

Apart from that, very good post.

I'm certain the club used the FlagGate2 and the Mixter resignation fiasco (partly by way of pointing the blame at Stadco) as a diversion to keep eyes from their (afaik) abject mismanagement of the club last weekend. Shameful.

That really pissed me off yesterday too. It proves the club have a communications department but seems a bit similar to a political party spinning stories on a bad news day. It's so frustrating that NMW, Tiger or anyone else won't give us the true situation in their press releases.

I was of the opinion, or hope, that there was a reason Tiger couldn't say anything about what's happening behind the scenes (as I think he's been quoted as saying) but the more and more this goes on I believe he just hasn't got a plan or control of finances. I'm not saying he's a charlatan but more a Walter Mitty type character who believes all the bullshit he spouts himself. I hope I'm wrong but won't hold my breath that Tiger holds any solutions.

While I've never been part of the pitchfork and torches mob (remember that the infamous storming of the boardroom led to the signing of this damned license), I would contend that if FK is looking out for the club, he could recognise that the terms of the agreement are causing considerable hardship to the club and he could draw up another less restrictive arrangement.

That would cost him nothing, but if he REALLY wanted to protect or even help to advance the club, he could reduce or even waive the rent, even for just one season - 380k is not a great deal to him (he regularly donates 6 figure sums to charity) but that would have helped owners - both past and present.

I had seen little of his affection for the club up until yesterday and his actions from that date do not appear to have been made with the club's interest at heart. Nevertheless, this does show that we will get nowhere by butting heads with him, but he has had plenty of opportunity to act as a "custodian" (his word, not mine) and has not done so.

Perhaps he is waiting for someone to ask nicely.........

Kassam is no custodian, he's merely biding his time.

Kassam will never sell the ground. Market value as a sports stadium? £10M? Redevelopment potential £25M?

Kassam will happily take his rent (plus hospitality revenue) until such time when OUFC move/fold and the ACV is removed. He's hardly going to give us a "less restrictive arrangement", why would he? The sooner we fold or move, the sooner he can cash in on the redevelopment of Grenoble Road.

The ONLY way forward is to find a new home with lots of income streams. EG: Community sports facilities, Conference, Hotel, Park & Ride income etc.
Which leaves two key questions...
  1. Has Tiger got the money for such a large investment?
  2. Is the City Council really interested in helping us?

Kassam is no custodian, he's merely biding his time.

Kassam will never sell the ground. Market value as a sports stadium? £10M? Redevelopment potential £25M?

Kassam will happily take his rent (plus hospitality revenue) until such time when OUFC move/fold and the ACV is removed. He's hardly going to give us a "less restrictive arrangement", why would he? The sooner we fold or move, the sooner he can cash in on the redevelopment of Grenoble Road.

The ONLY way forward is to find a new home with lots of income streams. EG: Community sports facilities, Conference, Hotel, Park & Ride income etc.
Which leaves two key questions...
  1. Has Tiger got the money for such a large investment?
  2. Is the City Council really interested in helping us?

1. On his own, no I don't think so.
  2. No, I don't think so.

But shouldn't we get a 25% reduction because he's only renting us a ground with 3 sides...!??!

Should DE/club have paid to do the pitch in the first place?

No matter how you put it, Kassam has used and abused this club to his own gain making millions on the way.

I personally think that Darryl/club were right to contest the level of services they received in relation to the cost, so it’s a massive shame they couldn’t see this through. Would interesting to know if Tiger has offset these fees against the cost agreed to buy the club, but my guess is he didn’t, hence why he’s got to stump up the fees now. Well that’s if he can.

The club was shafted by Kassam, then by Darryl and then by a couple of other owners doing silly agreements now and in between.
It was Mapp who wanted an upgrade on the pitch to play his passing football, so I guess yes.
Everyone has an opinion but who knows what’s right.

While I've never been part of the pitchfork and torches mob (remember that the infamous storming of the boardroom led to the signing of this damned license), I would contend that if FK is looking out for the club, he could recognise that the terms of the agreement are causing considerable hardship to the club and he could draw up another less restrictive arrangement.

That would cost him nothing, but if he REALLY wanted to protect or even help to advance the club, he could reduce or even waive the rent, even for just one season - 380k is not a great deal to him (he regularly donates 6 figure sums to charity) but that would have helped owners - both past and present.

I had seen little of his affection for the club up until yesterday and his actions from that date do not appear to have been made with the club's interest at heart. Nevertheless, this does show that we will get nowhere by butting heads with him, but he has had plenty of opportunity to act as a "custodian" (his word, not mine) and has not done so.

Perhaps he is waiting for someone to ask nicely.........
I think 5 people will probably tell you that nicey nicey or being angry and anything in between will get you nowhere despite what some might say.

I don’t understand how tiger can afford to buy players, finance an improved youth system and under 23 squad and a new training ground. Then not have the money readily available for HRMC and now FK. He must realise that these expenditures are at risk when he misses these payments?

I’ve been told tiger is the first chairman since FK who has the money to match him so I would think it’s games with people with big pockets

I’ve been told tiger is the first chairman since FK who has the money to match him so I would think it’s games with people with big pockets
Willy waving in the centre circle at half time between ogb & bowtiger? (Metaphorically of course)

Simon, I probably wrong, but I vaguely remember you supporting Tiger a few weeks ago in terms that he had money and things would get better?

We were talking about signings Sean.

He's demonstrated he can find cash to back the manager. Sykes, Hanson, Whyte, Branagan, Dickie all cost fees.

I stand by that. Signing players for fees/cash seems quite easy for Tiger

We were talking about signings Sean.

He's demonstrated he can find cash to back the manager. Sykes, Hanson, Whyte, Branagan, Dickie all cost fees.

I stand by that. Signing players for fees/cash seems quite easy for Tiger
Unless of course the fees are staged. In which case he hasn't yet paid for them.

Back
Top Bottom