General What's Happened to Leon Blackmore Such?

No idea if he has gone or not but he has been with the club for a number of years and did well with the youth. Whatever people think of the rights and wrongs of his promotion to first team coach, anyone in his position would have jumped at the opportunity. I don't imagine he was on the biggest contract in the world and I read somewhere he has a young family so while for footballing reasons I could well understand it if he has left (a new management team coming in etc), I certainly won't be gloating that someone in that position has potentially lost their job.

Christ, the guy is a local lad who was well regarding coaching through the younger age groups at the club and found himself promoted by Robinson to first team duties. That was a step too far, but even people like Mous have said that he was a really good coach and good person to have around the club.

He may well have left, and if not now should go in the summer when Manning has a chance to put his mark on things behind the scenes. Put talking about him being morbidly obese etc is yet another example of this forum being a pretty nasty place this last year and is completely unnecessary.
What’s Mous going to say? ‘He’s shite really but we needed someone and nobody outside the club would put their career in the hands of Karl Robinson so… Here he is’

Maybe he’ll take him to Pompey and back up your point.

What’s Mous going to say? ‘He’s shite really but we needed someone and nobody outside the club would put their career in the hands of Karl Robinson so… Here he is’

Maybe he’ll take him to Pompey and back up your point.

Mous didn't need to mention LBS at all, so the fact that he did and spoke positively about him suggests that he may actually be a decent bloke.

Not good enough to be first team coach, but equally not the person that deserves to be spoken about the way he has been by some on here.

Mous didn't need to mention LBS at all, so the fact that he did and spoke positively about him suggests that he may actually be a decent bloke.

Not good enough to be first team coach, but equally not the person that deserves to be spoken about the way he has been by some on here.
Probably says more about Mous than it does LBS in that case but he also stated his admiration for Karl Robinson after taking the Pompey job. Some things you just have to say.

Truth is, not many of us here have the blindest idea what he’s like or what kind of coach he is. I don’t blame him at all for taking the opportunity given to him but like Craig Short he was part of a long, long running problematic coaching set up. It makes sense to start over.

The fact he’s lasted 5 minutes under a ‘proper’ manager with very defined principals about behaviours and standards suggests maybe he wasn’t reflective of the new regime or didn’t buy in to it himself - whichever way you look at it he leaves with little credit.

Last edited:
For once I agree with the jailer, he`s a big lad but "morbidly obese" means a BMI (other measures are available) of 40++ and he`s nowhere near that.

Still say he`s on gardening leave while the back office team is sorted out and his departure terms are sorted out.

And of course you can only have so many bodies on the bench, maybe he’s been asked to watch from the stands.

I’m glad LBS has gone.

What a waste of space and wage he was. Another of Robinson’s merry (yes) men.
Local guy with a young family sacked ( if true).
And then slated by some supporters. I really don't know how good a coach he was. He seemed to do very well with the young players.
If he has gone, the best of luck to him and hopefully he gets a job soon

And of course you can only have so many bodies on the bench, maybe he’s been asked to watch from the stands.
That’s actually a good point. Chris Hogg wears a headset and I assume is in contact with analysts up in the main stand. Maybe LBS is part of that team?

Steve Evans isn't a Joe Wicks type of guy !!!!! (annoying and horrible in spades)
True but he had played at a decent level before early retirement through injury and then starting managing sides lower down the leagues , had success and obviously took pleasure in that by eating more !
He was quite lean in his younger days .
Not having played nor being completely athletic and becoming first team coach at a level 3 side puts LB-S in a much tougher position I'd say.

There are some really nasty arseholes on this forum KR was awful - then people on here got personal, and now LB - S is having the same treatment, you vile fuckers. Has LB -S really gone, can anyone state that he is gone, if he hasn't and he looks on this forum, well I hope you are ashamed of yourselves? Get behind LM and the lads. FFS.

True but he had played at a decent level before early retirement through injury and then starting managing sides lower down the leagues , had success and obviously took pleasure in that by eating more !
He was quite lean in his younger days .
Not having played nor being completely athletic and becoming first team coach at a level 3 side puts LB-S in a much tougher position I'd say.
Not sure playing irregularly in the lower Scottish leagues truly counts as "a decent level".

Not sure playing irregularly in the lower Scottish leagues truly counts as "a decent level".
Ask David Robertson that!!
Seriously what level did LB-S play at ?
Bolton as a youngster , decent level for sure and managing a lot lower down the pyramid to start off .

Back
Top Bottom