General What has happened to Tariq

Think it unlikely now that anyone else will leave, given KR saying he would consider his own position but given that he, the board and even the players themselves were disappointed, and that throughout the interview (and especially at the beginning) he was talking about on and OFF the field developments, it could be that we literally had no choice? VAT due in another week and despite the full houses and TV cash it sounded to me like we have a SERIOUS cashflow problem (again). Worrying that KR suggested things would settle down in a "few weeks" given we have 9 games in Feb. We need to win our GIH to avoid suddenly being 12th/13th, and despite being lauded as the best team in the division both Nial and Karl seemed to be saying they "think" we can still achieve our aim of the play offs..... didnt seem to be the belief that we could get auto's or even win it (were favourites 3 weeks ago) and thats probably down to not having the cash to essentially invest in a FW and a big name RB. Sunderland signed a FWD on loan today so Grigg must be desperate to go. Just don't buy that they would turn down a £2-3m offer for him, even to a rival. There's something off field we aren't being told. I know its a lot of money but thats the price of ambition and the difference between going up and being also rans come the last day. Oh the fun! COYY

And there's the rub.

Serious cashflow problems (so serious it would seem that uppercase is needed to emphasise how serious this serious cashflow problem is), yet we should offer £2m or even £3m to get somebody through the door so we can show some ambition......

Tariq will be a big lose for us, when we hit the purple patch and were playing good attacking football and both Tariq and Cadden were vital parts of the attack, first Cadden and we saw a slow down in our attacking potentual, now we lose one of our top scorers this season from the other side.
So in a matter of weeks we have lost the supply on the right and the fire power on the left, also Josh will now we have to form a new partnership with a left sided front man.
Interesting how KR is going to manage the new format.

I would say that Fosu 'owed' the club a season.
I accept that Fosu wanted a buy out clause of £750k to sign up but couldn't we have agreed to that so long as he stayed a season?
Bit disappointed in him although I get that he will be playing at a Championship club going for promotion

your 100% spot on with your comments there

Been following him for a while and I'd say he's as reliable for Charlton news as OxMail are for us

0c8bf7c93ea8ea854b395cc65e17a465.gif

Back
Top Bottom