In 10 mins of todays game saw enough

What a great prospect.

Size, pace, quick feet If he can pass and tackle certain Prem player

2020 Prediction

In 10 mins of todays game saw enough

What a great prospect.

Size, pace, quick feet If he can pass and tackle certain Prem player
I didn't see the game.
From what you say he is a fantastic player if the future.
Let's hope you are right

Well be a good player will LCP. Always stood out for ‘18’s and also has a very good eye for a goal.

Looks like he’s filled out a bit the last 6 months or so too. Encouraging stuff from all the youngsters..

Well be a good player will LCP. Always stood out for ‘18’s and also has a very good eye for a goal.

Looks like he’s filled out a bit the last 6 months or so too. Encouraging stuff from all the youngsters..
This cup rightly gets a lot of criticism but one thing it does allow for is for young players to play some first team football.
There are some good signs for some of the youngsters , but the big step is to genuinely get into the first team squad and to start to play a few league games. Let's hope a few make that jump.

That’s all well and good but it takes the management to give that chance to them.

Would Elechi have been as bad as Ruffels has been the last few weeks?

Likewise Stevens over Eastwood ?

Let’s not even mention Kelly who will 100% be in the next match day squad ahead of LCP.

The answer is they wouldn’t have been any worse.

We won’t know about these young lads until they’ve been given a fair chance.

Saw him play last summer in a pre season game at Gosport Borough. before the game was stopped early due to a steward falling down the steps of the main stand CLP was outstanding reminded me of Patrick Viera. Thought then this lad is special.
Lets hang on to him long enough to play a couple of seasons for us and the take top dollar for him rather than just break into the team and we flog him on the cheap.

That’s all well and good but it takes the management to give that chance to them.

Let’s not even mention Kelly who will 100% be in the next match day squad ahead of LCP.

Agree but the current management use young players more than most since the 1970s.
KR is well known for bringing youngsters on and he had done this at Oxford. They have to prove themselves to be good enough though.
I reckon that Ruffels probably would have been better than Elechi, but who knows?

We have a number of exciting young prospects- majority of them local lads who , if given the chance ( off the bench) in the first team would run through walls, and give 100% - which, I agree ^^, makes it slightly odd that KR continues to select his favourites despite them being unfit or out of form, or both?

I think the departure of Chrissy Allen has had a big impact on youngsters (not) coming through the ranks and knocking on the door of the first team in this strange locked down, stop start season so far

Or is there a clause in the (ridiculous) L1/L2 wage cap/ Squad size of named 22 players ,that prohibits Acadamy/ U21s/dev squad players being selected for first team league matches?

As an aside are the U18s playing this afternoon in the FA youth cup? If they are , is it home or away and who are the opponents?

We have a number of exciting young prospects- majority of them local lads who , if given the chance ( off the bench) in the first team would run through walls, and give 100% - which, I agree ^^, makes it slightly odd that KR continues to select his favourites despite them being unfit or out of form, or both?

I think the departure of Chrissy Allen has had a big impact on youngsters (not) coming through the ranks and knocking on the door of the first team in this strange locked down, stop start season so far

Or is there a clause in the (ridiculous) L1/L2 wage cap/ Squad size of named 22 players ,that prohibits Acadamy/ U21s/dev squad players being selected for first team league matches?

As an aside are the U18s playing this afternoon in the FA youth cup? If they are , is it home or away and who are the opponents?

It is at home (Thame Utd) and they are playing Wimbledon. Obviously no crowd allowed.

The next Baptiste?
Talking of Baptiste. Saw he is out for a while after surgery for a knee injury. Lot of people felt we could of got more money for him but unfortunately for him his injury record at such a young age isn't good. Such a talent.

Talking of Baptiste. Saw he is out for a while after surgery for a knee injury. Lot of people felt we could of got more money for him but unfortunately for him his injury record at such a young age isn't good. Such a talent.
With his injury record (and retrospectively with COVID happening) it was a decent deal for Oxford.
He has hardly played for Brentford due to injuries.
I really wish him the best. He could be a PL player, but will his body be strong enough?

You cant put youngsters straight in and expect miracles, first you have to look at the opposition you are due to play against, playing against a few pub teams can do more harm than good, better to give them game time off the bench against a decent footballing side.

That sounds like an argument for not loaning them out. If so I too struggle to get what sending promising youth out to lower division side achieves other than getting them to play 'like men' at a low-skill level. I'd sooner we ditched the 'never-will-be's like Hall and Kelly and use the space to prepare our kids to play like men at the skill-level we are aiming them to compete.

Is their any point in having Kelly on the bench over one of our own youngsters? He isn’t a physical presence to shore up the defence if we are ahead and he doesn’t bring much attacking threat if we are behind. So far this season he hasn’t really contributed and he isn’t even our player so we have to put the club first.

Back
Top Bottom