General What's Happened to Leon Blackmore Such?

The more changes the better. I'd even do away with existing physio's, medical staff etc. Let Manning have a total say in who he wants and start the pre season with a new look, professional set up where the players have to get to know new staff - none of this old pals back slapping when they get back from the summer and it's all too familiar and jokey.
Ridiculous!
The medical staff have been the hardest working people at the club for the last few years!
It's not their fault KR rushed people back who obviously weren't fit

Last edited:
I reached out to him, apparently he only wants to hear from @Surreal Madrid and @bazzer9461. Everyone else is on trial until August 1st competing for 3 spots in the squad.
Everyone keeps slagging off all of the posters on here. Fair enough, we’ve been dreadful for at least a year. I count myself along those whose standards have slipped.

But the Mods need to take some responsibility too. All brought in by NSB who has filled his Mod Team with too many Yes Man who are afraid to call out his tyrannical regime.

A root and branch clear out of the Mod Team is desperately needed this summer.

We should also bring in a Director of Modding if we are to have any hope of becoming a Top 30 Forum.

Of course the main thing is that the guy has lost his job, sad really as he gave the club good service but I suppose that’s football.

Robinson lost his job, are you sad ?

Robinson deserved to go but why do people give the back room staff leeway and assume they are great coaches, just under the wrong manager ? If you look at it logically, the manager was failing so surely those working with him day to day look just as culpable.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, suggests LBS or Short are any good. On what basis is LBS a good coach ? Unless you’re saying coaching the U9’s is akin to coaching a L1 side.

It’s a case of the usual rubbish - born inside the Oxford ring road and associated with Oxford United must automatically mean you’re a great bloke, a great player or a great coach. Laughable.

LBS was well regarded by many people within the game, not only for his coaching but also for being a decent guy. First team coach for a League 1 side was a step too far, as he would probably accept, and he will move on to other challenges.

But sadly there are those that seem to want to coat off everyone and everything at times, and LBS has copped some really unnecessary abuse. Comments about him being obese and spending every day in Burger King are sad, as are those who almost celebrate someone losing their job.

Good luck to him, I hope he finds a way back into the game at a level where he is better able to succeed.

LBS was well regarded by many people within the game, not only for his coaching but also for being a decent guy. First team coach for a League 1 side was a step too far, as he would probably accept, and he will move on to other challenges.

But sadly there are those that seem to want to coat off everyone and everything at times, and LBS has copped some really unnecessary abuse. Comments about him being obese and spending every day in Burger King are sad, as are those who almost celebrate someone losing their job.

Good luck to him, I hope he finds a way back into the game at a level where he is better able to succeed.

Well regarded by who exactly ‘within the game’ ? And let’s drop the ‘decent guy‘ stuff, most blokes are ‘decent‘ enough. How many indecent people do you know ? There has to be a far better criteria for landing a L1 coaching role than coming through the juniors and having an affable personality.

The club needs to look beyond its own four walls and show a bit of proper professionalism and recruitment to make sure the manager is assisted by the very best we can get our hands on. Lewis was forced on Wilder, Faz on Robinson, does Manning really want Short ? Don’t get me wrong, Lewis, Faz, Short all good football people but we have to think wider and ensure Manning is surrounded by the best available to us.

it needs to be as brutal as player recruitment does in my opinion. We have had too many jobs for the boys over the years. By the way, I agree with you wholeheartedly about the personal flak LBS got - uncalled for, unwarranted and there’s no place for that.

Everyone keeps slagging off all of the posters on here. Fair enough, we’ve been dreadful for at least a year. I count myself along those whose standards have slipped.

But the Mods need to take some responsibility too. All brought in by NSB who has filled his Mod Team with too many Yes Man who are afraid to call out his tyrannical regime.

A root and branch clear out of the Mod Team is desperately needed this summer.

We should also bring in a Director of Modding if we are to have any hope of becoming a Top 30 Forum.

I`m glad you realise this. :)

Well regarded by who exactly ‘within the game’ ? And let’s drop the ‘decent guy‘ stuff, most blokes are ‘decent‘ enough. How many indecent people do you know ? There has to be a far better criteria for landing a L1 coaching role than coming through the juniors and having an affable personality.

The club needs to look beyond its own four walls and show a bit of proper professionalism and recruitment to make sure the manager is assisted by the very best we can get our hands on. Lewis was forced on Wilder, Faz on Robinson, does Manning really want Short ? Don’t get me wrong, Lewis, Faz, Short all good football people but we have to think wider and ensure Manning is surrounded by the best available to us.

it needs to be as brutal as player recruitment does in my opinion. We have had too many jobs for the boys over the years. By the way, I agree with you wholeheartedly about the personal flak LBS got - uncalled for, unwarranted and there’s no place for that.
You know that is how most people get jobs? Coaches start at academy levels then move to the men’s teams.
People in football get jobs due to knowing others.
There is also nothing too wrong with appointing within. Why shouldn’t people get a chance at a higher level? I didn’t hear many complain about LBS when we were in and around the play offs the season before.

You seem the sort that wants to find a scape goat and you don’t like to listen to others opinions.

Gardening leave? All his bio`s remain as OUFC coach...........

For once I agree with the jailer, he`s a big lad but "morbidly obese" means a BMI (other measures are available) of 40++ and he`s nowhere near that.

Still say he`s on gardening leave while the back office team is sorted out and his departure terms are sorted out.

I`m just leaving these quotes here. Don`t let me say told you so...... but...... ;)

Crikey there are some petals around. The personal digs (weeks ago now and dealt with, move on) were needless but since the announcement, almost everything I’ve seen has been supportive.

But, seeing as he’s gone, it’s not an unfair observation to suggest he either has a long way to go to be a coach at this level and/or not squeaky clean - who knows. I don’t. But Manning is raising the bar and it’s obviously not sunshine and rainbows if people are still leaving, Manning must feel we are better off without. Is he a bastard as well?

So much speculation and conjecture, but does it really make any significant difference to anything? I don't have an opinion either way about LBS, and I don't really care all that much. This forum has become very divided and polarised at times. If we are the OUFC family, we have become very dysfunctional.

So much speculation and conjecture, but does it really make any significant difference to anything? I don't have an opinion either way about LBS, and I don't really care all that much. This forum has become very divided and polarised at times. If we are the OUFC family, we have become very dysfunctional.
There are some reasonable people on this forum
Others are the sort I'd cross the road to avoid if i saw them on the street

Back
Top Bottom