Matches Top 6 Race 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnsley have Pompey and Blackpool away, Northampton are higher placed than Exeter too. Anyways if we can't get results against Posh, Lincoln and Stevenage at home we don't deserve to get in the playoffs, we don't just want to get into the play offs to make up the numbers we want to go into them full of confidence that we can win promotion.

If we don't get results in those games bit somehow still make 6th place then you can be sure that the other teams deserve them even less.

Bottom line is that you deserve exactly what you get after 46 games. If we finish in the top 6 then we have got there on merit and everyone gets a clean slate for the playoffs.

If we beat Stevenage I think we need just five points from three matches to finish sixth…if my maths is correct
If we beat Stevenage and then get another 5 points we would have 78 points.
If out of those 5 points it was a draw against Lincoln, then they could also get 78 points.

Also, we could beat Stevenage and get six points from the other three matches, and Lincoln could still overtake us (if our loss is against them).

Maybe you meant Lincoln?

The way things have gone, and with the fuxtures remaining, there are still five teams scrapping for two places.

Last edited:
We are a better team than when we were taught a lesson at Peterborough earlier in the season......
Beat Peterborough on Saturday, plus Lincoln on Tuesday then we will jump above Barnsley and finish the season in 5th place then only Peterborough again will stand in our way in a trip to play Bolton Wanderers at Wembley

This must be unprecedented for a team to play three home league games in 6 days. I certainly can’t ever recall it happening for Oxford before, maybe three home games in 7 days but not 6 !!! Would be interesting to know if anyone has played three home league games in 6 days before?

This must be unprecedented for a team to play three home league games in 6 days. I certainly can’t ever recall it happening for Oxford before, maybe three home games in 7 days but not 6 !!! Would be interesting to know if anyone has played three home league games in 6 days before?

I'm amazed that you of all people couldn't remember this from a year ago!Screenshot_20240409_230405_MailOnline.jpg

In non league you sometimes get a team with a load of games left to play at the end of the season due to postponements, Gateshead have six games to play in 9 days after their game was called off tonight, so maybe in that sort of situation it has come up.

In non league you sometimes get a team with a load of games left to play at the end of the season due to postponements, Gateshead have six games to play in 9 days after their game was called off tonight, so maybe in that sort of situation it has come up.

I think Truro will beat that with all the games they've had postponed.

I think Truro will beat that with all the games they've had postponed.

With their home games at Gloucesters ground as well.

Aldershot face a potential 7.45pm game on a Thursday night in Gateshead then a 12.15pm game at Dagenham and Redbridge in the Saturday, with a play off spot on the line, Juergen Klopp would have a breakdown over that, even with Liverpool being able to afford planes and hotel stays.

It's just nice to be involved, Peterborough are going to be tough let's be honest we could have lost 7-0 there we were totally out played .Lincoln should be more worried about us and Stevenage on Our favourite sky sports channel where we find results are to come by. We would all like 7 to 9 points and we will probably be in the play offs .But it would be great going to Exeter knowing a draw would be enough. But realistically how many points will we get because we have been simply rubbish against the top performing teams and I include Exeter in that because of the form charts ,we would take 8 now .Well done to the board for giving us the chance ,well done Liam and Des for you guys who we have moaned about on here week in week out and I hold my hands I have done it because of the passion and love I have for Oxford Utd until I die. These men have as much job security as a Conservative Prime minister. We are in there fighting now come on the boys in yellow and Blue let's get to Wembley and you will have nearly 40,000 Oxford boys and girls cheering you in ,it could still be a year in our History that will never be forgotten.

It’s weird in football terms that pundits, managers, fans etc say ‘it’s been a good week’ if they pick up results Saturday, midweek, Saturday. A week is 7 days but thats 8 days. Why do you think they say that?
The same reason Harry Kane referred to Bayern's 2-2 draw at Arsenal in the Champion's League last night as a "good away point".

They're simply not the sharpest knives in the drawer at times🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom