Home Match Day Thread 3 Horse Title Race?

Signing a couple of strikers , a RB and another midfielder to replace Cam when he's out would help us keep this form though.

The form that has given us 2 points from 9? Or the form that has given us 11 points from 18? Or the one that has us 2nd overall?

You want to pick and choose what stats you use to suit whatever argument you have it seems.

The form that has given us 2 points from 9? Or the form that has given us 11 points from 18? Or the one that has us 2nd overall?

You want to pick and choose what stats you use to suit whatever argument you have it seems.

So you think we should not add to the squad in January to cement our place in atleast the play off places because our current stats have us joint second?

Stats and the table are meaningless unless all 24 teams have played eachother.

So you think we should not add to the squad in January to cement our place in atleast the play off places because our current stats have us joint second?

Stats and the table are meaningless unless all 24 teams have played eachother.

No, I don't think that we shouldn't add to our squad.

Ultimately, the stats and the table are meaningless until 5pm on 27th April, but you've referenced both in your recent posts. You said that the last 3 games were not promotion form, but that we should cement out playoff position (at least) in January! But you're also saying that nothing is guaranteed?

I can't remember where I saw it, but the number of games Pompey have picked up points late on is amazing.
You could say that they are fortunate but it's grinding out results like that by having a winning mentality that sees them top of the table.

I can't remember where I saw it, but the number of games Pompey have picked up points late on is amazing.
You could say that they are fortunate but it's grinding out results like that by having a winning mentality that sees them top of the table.

It's both. You need to have the fighting spirit that keeps you going until the final whistle, but you can't rely on always getting that chance if you haven't done enough over the previous 80 odd minutes.

Saturday was a good example where we kept ourselves in the game and pushed to the end, but was fortunate that the ref was looking to atone for the numerous errors he'd made beforehand.

That's the problem its IF we continue that over the season, it's no guarantee.
Of course not but our form hasn’t fallen off a complete cliff. We’ve lost once in 6 games we need January and we need a striker & the board will need to pay for it if they are serious about getting promotion. If we are where we are in January they need to provide the funds for 3 or 4 players

Of course not but our form hasn’t fallen off a complete cliff. We’ve lost once in 6 games we need January and we need a striker & the board will need to pay for it if they are serious about getting promotion. If we are where we are in January they need to provide the funds for 3 or 4 players

If we are where we are in January then why 3 or 4 players? I hope that we look at using our budget wisely on getting one or two real quality additions rather than adding players unnecessarily.

If we are where we are in January then why 3 or 4 players? I hope that we look at using our budget wisely on getting one or two real quality additions rather than adding players unnecessarily.
Well I think we will need 3 or 4 in reality. We need a striker, perhaps a permanent and one on loan. (I can see Perkins going back to Leeds). We need a midfielder, as I don’t see them extending gorrin beyond January. So perhaps 3 is the number

Clichê klaxon: it’s squads that win promotion not the first eleven so definitely need strengthening as people say. This league hasn’t been as strong as previous years and there isn’t one team that will dominate (Portsmouth are working hard till the final whistle and get late results but they concede a lot). It’s wide open but we need a good January window and some key players back from injury. If we get that we’ll be up there.

Back
Top Bottom