Matches Top 6 Race 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’ll be the key signing this summer - a midfielder that can add some physicality and agility but is still technically good enough on the ball to not undermine how we want to play. Not many of those knocking around L1 - such a shame McGuane hasn’t maintained his form this season.
Mcguane has never been physical though, even if he had we wouldn’t have what we have both described

Dunno if we are techinically inferior, we just aren’t as organised and don’t have the power they both do. That’s what we lack. A enforcer type, it’s what we dearly need in the summer

They both looked a lot quicker and sharper than us, moved the ball at pace more than we do. Perhaps that slow, pedestrian style football between the defence and Cumming just makes us look slower.

Mcguane has never been physical though, even if he had we wouldn’t have what we have both described
He’s a monster when fully fresh and his head in the game. Has presence and not many go past him in that form. Brilliant with his back to play. The trouble is we get 12-15 games in and he loses his edge and begins to look very average.

Seems to be other problems there. He has all the technical ingredients to be the player that the team is really missing right now but it is what it is.

Don't mean to put a dampener on things, but if we have a good end to the season and scrape into 6th we will most likely be facing Bolton in the playoffs.

Might have to do a little better than our showing up there previously, but at least it won't be shown live on Sky again... oh wait

He’s a monster when fully fresh and his head in the game. Has presence and not many go past him in that form. Brilliant with his back to play. The trouble is we get 12-15 games in and he loses his edge and begins to look very average.

Seems to be other problems there. He has all the technical ingredients to be the player that the team is really missing right now but it is what it is.
A former Arsenal youth coach used to say there were 3 players in his cohort who he really thought would make the grade. They were Saka, Nelson and McGuane. And when McGuane got his big move to Barca, he honestly thought he would be the first of the 3 to break through. The rest as they say is history!

Don't mean to put a dampener on things, but if we have a good end to the season and scrape into 6th we will most likely be facing Bolton in the playoffs.

Might have to do a little better than our showing up there previously, but at least it won't be shown live on Sky again... oh wait

Let’s not worry about that until we are in a position to worry about it 🙂

They both looked a lot quicker and sharper than us, moved the ball at pace more than we do. Perhaps that slow, pedestrian style football between the defence and Cumming just makes us look slower.
Have you considered getting a hobby to occupy yourself? You seem to spend all day on here posting nothing but misery and it's clear that you're not enjoying football these days.

There are some community litter picking groups which might bring you more joy.

In the incredibly unlikely event that we somehow sneak into the playoffs, I'd fully expect any of the other contenders to absolutely hammer us over two legs.

Our chances of promotion are zero percent!

In the incredibly unlikely event that we somehow sneak into the playoffs, I'd fully expect any of the other contenders to absolutely hammer us over two legs.

Statistically you are wrong, but realistically I am booking a holiday tonight with a flight time of early the morning after the play off final, wouldn’t let the missus do that if I thought we had a chance of going up.

Barnsley, Bolton and Peterborough all lost in the playoffs last year. If we can just get 6th place then we've every chance against that bunch of choakers!
6th is there for the taking, it’s in our own hands, as long as we don’t choke first!

Zero percent? In football ( effectively cup football) surprises happen often.
Huddersfield went up from the Championship play offs scoring no goals!

Note that Bolton have a poor away record ( they have only beaten 2 of the top 12 I believe)
Not sure how anybody who has watched much football can ever say any game is zero percent!

Sounds a bit like Oisin Smyth.
It does but is he L1 quality? 2.5 years he’s been here and never nailed down a place. Had a failed loan spell in the conference too.

Ebou Adams at Derby is the ideal, not that we’d get him now. I wouldn’t be surprised if we looked for a Herbie Kane type that principally can play but can still be disciplined and put a tackle in.

Have you considered getting a hobby to occupy yourself? You seem to spend all day on here posting nothing but misery and it's clear that you're not enjoying football these days.

There are some community litter picking groups which might bring you more joy.

You keep discussing all things in fairytale land and I’ll keep giving a view based on what I see before my very eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom