Matches Top 6 Race 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posh 0 - Vale 0 after 38 minutes.
Do we want
A . Posh to lose - we might catch them?
B . Posh to win - almost guaranteed playoffs so might ease off on Saturday ?

Posh 0 - Vale 0 after 38 minutes.
Do we want
A . Posh to lose - we might catch them?
B . Posh to win - almost guaranteed playoffs so might ease off on Saturday ?
I’m not sure it matters really, if they win they’ll be on a roll

Posh score just before half time.

Wycombe 0-0 Derby HT in the other game.

With their home games at Gloucesters ground as well.

Aldershot face a potential 7.45pm game on a Thursday night in Gateshead then a 12.15pm game at Dagenham and Redbridge in the Saturday, with a play off spot on the line, Juergen Klopp would have a breakdown over that, even with Liverpool being able to afford planes and hotel stays.

From a Yeovil fan on another forum with Truro's fixtures:

Truro are playing Saturday Monday Wednesday Thursday Saturday this week, then the P**s easy schedule of Sat Tues Thurs Sat the week after.

From a Yeovil fan on another forum with Truro's fixtures:

Truro are playing Saturday Monday Wednesday Thursday Saturday this week, then the P**s easy schedule of Sat Tues Thurs Sat the week after.

Part of this has been caused by the weather but also partly by the national league’s decision to finish the season on the 20th April so the play off final could be at Wembley (in spite of the Champions league final being there reducing available dates), they should of moved it to another ground or had some more midweek fixtures earlier in the season.

Could do with Derby scoring at Wycombe. We want them pushing Pompey as hard as possible for the title, so that Pompey have to do something against Lincoln last day.

Also, we don’t want Posh having any additional incentives at our place on Saturday if the gap closes to Derby tonight.

Peterborough different class if we get a result against them I will be very surprised. Class above vale.

A very complete team ,even though we outclassed Vale ,Peterborough are on the front foot all the time. We are very pedestrian compared to Peterborough. We will see how far we have improved Saturday. But nice to be at the right end of the table.

What I found interesting is Peterborough played pretty much the same side that they put out on Sunday at Wembley and a few of their important players stayed on for the whole game both times… surely there’ll be some tired legs come Saturday? Shame Wycombe couldn’t have forced extra time but you’d hope that they’d need to rest and rotate or at least will run out of gas quicker than we will.

Not if they win the next 3 which they should

Out of Derby's hands though now - if Bolton win their last 4, then they get 2nd.
And if Peterborough win their last 5, then it would come down to goal difference between them and Derby.

Peterborough-Bolton could be a spectacular game on the final day......

......or we might derail everything for them on Saturday.....

Out of Derby's hands though now - if Bolton win their last 4, then they get 2nd.
And if Peterborough win their last 5, then it would come down to goal difference between them and Derby.

Peterborough-Bolton could be a spectacular game on the final day......

......or we might derail everything for them on Saturday.....
Bolton have Portsmouth and Peterborough, Peterborough have us and Bolton and 5 games in 15 days.

I'd still bet on Derby making the autos.

Peterborough will really fancy 2nd place.

if they beat us Saturday their 3 games after are Fleetwood, Bristol Rovers & Cheltenham
You are very much a glass half full person aren’t you?
If they beat us then I’m sure they will think they have a chance of 2nd place but I would also say that if we lose to them then it doesn’t mean our season is over.

I actually think we will get a point against them on Saturday.

You are very much a glass half full person aren’t you?
If they beat us then I’m sure they will think they have a chance of 2nd place but I would also say that if we lose to them then it doesn’t mean our season is over.

I actually think we will get a point against them on Saturday.

I just rate Peterborough very highly.

If we lose to them (which I think we will) then we have to follow it up with a response of back to back wins versus Lincoln & Stevenage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom