Tomorrow's press conference

That's not refuting evidence though. That would involve putting up evidence to the contrary to disprove what I've said. And I'm more than happy for people to do that. I have absolutely no problem with being proved wrong - if anything that would make me happy because it'd show that we are not dealing with a bunch of shady individuals after all. What I do find tiresome is when people simply trot out the "oh, it's just Myles with his anti-OxVox/anti-Darryl/anti-OUFC agenda" without actually addressing the points I've raised. (As an aside, I did have a chuckle to myself on Monday when I explained why the anti-OxVox allegation was nonsense and literally two posts later somebody threw that allegation at me!)

When I raised the issue of the likes of "Jack" Srisumrid being involved in this deal with Tiger, your position was that as there was no evidence they were involved, I was just scaremongering (I'm paraphrasing here, and I'm trying to avoid saying "you" because I want to de-personalise this and keep to the facts). Personally, I thought that position was naive considering the links between them. It's now come to light that "Jack" has been involved and was the person OxVox were emailing for information - not Tiger, "Jack".

The latest is from Monday's round of interviews where Tiger claimed to be a Director of Carabao. He's listed neither as a Director of Carabao in Thailand, or of InterCarabao here. So, what "Carabao" is he actually a director of? Or is he confusing himself with the individuals who are actually

Did he say he was a director as I thought he said he had shares? I may be wrong but that's what I thought he said.

I am afraid tha

I am afraid that I think the problems stem from DE. He is a guy who has a 'you are either totally for me, or totally against me' view on life. No shades of grey are allowed, and toys are thrown out of the pram on a regular basis (In private mostly, but not always) to bully folk into line.
So some committed supporters ended up in the 'totally for' camp and others in the totally against.
Lenagan had a different, frankly more grown up attitude. He did not expect anything more or less from supporters than ups and downs and questions which he would decide for himself whether or not he would answer. He had seen it all before at Wigan, and accepted that the supporters trust were not a part of the club but an independent body. I saw him and his sons argue hammer and tongs with Sennett, Wilde and co and then have a laugh with them a few days later. When they put out a statement criticising the time it was taking to find a new manager, he just shrugged and said 'that is their prerogative '.
The relationships between the two 'gangs' has historically been good. We have all known each other for decades. The Bradburys knew me as posh boy on the London Road 25 years ago. I actively encouraged Jeremy to stand for leadership of OxVox back in 2014. Trevor was a leader in the bad old days when it took real work and hard graft. We have all - Jem, Colin, Trevor, Myles, Mark, Simon. Greig etc - given literally hundreds of hours of our lives to voluntary service of one kind or another.
But gradually we have become divided, by DE In my view. And it has all become pretty un-edifying. And, dare I say It, pathetic.
The cause of that division is now largely gone - for better or for worse - and we now have a new owner. I think that it is time for the toys to be re-gathered and for people to start working together again. It gives me no pleasure to see Jeremy's anger and exasperation. I felt the same when, having spent countless hours trying to find new, better solutions for the club we all love I heard from club directors that fellow supporters were ganging up to denigrate me behind my back and trying to destroy my efforts. So I get how Jem feels, I really do.
Do I think that that press release last week was a supporters trust's finest hour? No. And in their hearts nor do they, is my best guess. But I have made many errors myself, as have others.
It is time to stop conflating personal disagreements (healthy; inevitable) with alleging malicious intent.
So I am fully willing to accept that OxVox's actions (or lack thereof) were made from the right place, even if I personally would have wished they had acted differently.
As I have said elsewhere, Tiger does not deserve abuse for buying our club. But he does deserve to be questioned openly, courageously and fully. And the more information we garner, as a Trust, the better. I believe that everyone should welcome Myles' research. And we should start thinking collectively about what matters to us right now. And how to exert what little influence we all have. I honestly, really do not think that we all believe very different things. Egos on both sides need reining in (Yes, mine included) and a courteous debate enabled where, hopefully, an exchange of views and information can bring everyone closer together.
The alternative - a continuation of the last few months - is a recipe for much misery and not much enlightenment. At a time when we are going to need plenty of the latter.
I had a phone call to alert me of this post, funny that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
After months of berating the people of Oxvox and their actions at every opportunity, now after one shot across your bow you give another rambling story this one of peace, why ?
As you say all un-edifying and pathetic, but you carried on your attacks posts after post and tried to call out any poster who challenged you or your groups view.
You might or might not be able to smooth the waters with certain members of Oxvox, but anyone with knowledge of your past will know that won't last long and you will turn back to type as soon as it suits you..

I was never 100% for or against DE. The world doesn't work like that but it may appear as such if you are firmly against. Like the players, there has been some ridiculous stuff said about DE that has caused unnecessary angst and divisions. It doesn't look like it will change with Tiger. Ho hum

I had a phone call to alert me of this post, funny that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
After months of berating the people of Oxvox and their actions at every opportunity, now after one shot across your bow you give another rambling story this one of peace, why ?
As you say all un-edifying and pathetic, but you carried on your attacks posts after post and tried to call out any poster who challenged you or your groups view.
You might or might not be able to smooth the waters with certain members of Oxvox, but anyone with knowledge of your past will know that won't last long and you will turn back to type as soon as it suits you..
I actually wondered how long it would take for the bully boys to respond that they want to continue fighting and make their usual threats. Not long!
I don't care if you or your friends want to set out to attempt to discredit me. That has been going on for years, and I have a skin that makes rhinos look fragile.
This was and remains a genuine attempt to unite the committed fanbase at a critical time for our club.
If a few psychos on the margin want to carry on fighting the last war - like those Japanese guys they found on the island in the 1950 - then I am sure that Darryl will be very grateful, as always (free tickets to the Solihull boardroom?) but it won't achieve very much else, and certainly nothing for the club you supposedly want the best for.
I reiterate: most fans/posters (see Foley and others ad infinitum) are sick to death of a bunch of supposed grown-ups behaving like disturbed teenagers to each other. Much like most normal fans got sick to death of hooliganism some time ago....

No
I was never 100% for or against DE. The world doesn't work like that but it may appear as such if you are firmly against. Like the players, there has been some ridiculous stuff said about DE that has caused unnecessary angst and divisions. It doesn't look like it will change with Tiger. Ho hum
No. I was not entirely against. You are buying into his Manichean world view. I have many times on here extolled his virtues: he stuck hard cash on the line in the first two years, and stuck by Appleton when many would have pulled the trigger. These are pretty major things and laid the foundation for three years of success.
But although I have always acknowledged these things, that is never enough for his boosters. Unless you repeat, Moonie style, 'best chairman we ever 'ad, that Mr Eales' then (as per your rather typical post) then you are 'fully against'.
It has been a zero criticism, zero questioning culture (culminating in that awful press release, designed entirely to big DE up) and the chickens are coming home to roost on that bizarre cultish culture.
I am open-minded on Tiger and - like Dave - am waiting to judge the actions, or lack thereof. But please God let us not again degenerate into demeaning worship. Firm, courteous, persistent questioning should be the order of the day. And a red flag raised if those questions are ignored.

It’s clear now more than ever that United we will stand and divided we will fall.

This constant and really quite petty infighting erodes the fabric that binds us all together. We all have a common cause and an aim to see our proud club succeed both on and off the pitch.

We’re not in a war zone. We’re not looking for shelter from bombs or toxic chemicals or wondering where our next meal is coming from.

Come on guys and gals let’s try and come together, show unity and help get the mighty Yellows back on track.

I actually wondered how long it would take for the bully boys to respond that they want to continue fighting and make their usual threats. Not long!
I don't care if you or your friends want to set out to attempt to discredit me. That has been going on for years, and I have a skin that makes rhinos look fragile.
This was and remains a genuine attempt to unite the committed fanbase at a critical time for our club.
If a few psychos on the margin want to carry on fighting the last war - like those Japanese guys they found on the island in the 1950 - then I am sure that Darryl will be very grateful, as always (free tickets to the Solihull boardroom?) but it won't achieve very much else, and certainly nothing for the club you supposedly want the best for.
I reiterate: most fans/posters (see Foley and others ad infinitum) are sick to death of a bunch of supposed grown-ups behaving like disturbed teenagers to each other. Much like most normal fans got sick to death of hooliganism some time ago....
I will give you a quick reply as I have work to do..
You have been the aggressor in your attacks on Oxvox, I also have filed away, all the personal attacks and insults you have aimed at me.
The only thing that has been going on for years is your undermining of the owners of the football club, no one needs to try and discredit you as you have done a pretty good job of that with your rants over the years.
Most fans, what on this "obscure internet forum" don't make me laugh, what about the wider fan base outside this forum bubble?
You and your group are the ones raising the "interesting questions" or attacking the club, it's officials, fans groups, fans (remind me what you keep referring to the fans as?)
Yes I agree, hooliganism died a death in 1980 and if that's all you have got you better leave now before it becomes even more embarrassing.

I will leave this now, as I don't want it to deflect off the subject matter, you.

Why do I imagine a stroppy teenager when I read Charlie's posts?!

"Sorry, not sorry!!!"
Stomps off slamming doors along the way!
"I HATE YOU!!!!" shouted from behind his bedroom door!!!

Yup, pretty much fed up to the back teeth with it. Don't get me wrong, I like healthy debate and a little fire and brimstone and have no problem with the odd dust up to clear the air, it can make for quite entertaining reading and i'm prone to the odd rant myself i'm sure. Sadly this air is very much stale. Pages and pages of threads are taken up with nothing but personal insults and digging over the minutia of what someone has posted to try and score points. Boring for all not in the trenches and ultimately pointless and self defeating. I'm very much anti censorship and would never want to silence a valid and strongly held view but all this cock waving should be slapped in it's own thread entitled 'my one's bigger than yours'.

No
I will give you a quick reply as I have work to do..
You have been the aggressor in your attacks on Oxvox, I also have filed away, all the personal attacks and insults you have aimed at me.
The only thing that has been going on for years is your undermining of the owners of the football club, no one needs to try and discredit you as you have done a pretty good job of that with your rants over the years.
Most fans, what on this "obscure internet forum" don't make me laugh, what about the wider fan base outside this forum bubble?
You and your group are the ones raising the "interesting questions" or attacking the club, it's officials, fans groups, fans (remind me what you keep referring to the fans as?)
Yes I agree, hooliganism died a death in 1980 and if that's all you have got you better leave now before it becomes even more embarrassing.

I will leave this now, as I don't want it to deflect off the subject matter, you.

No, Michael. The subject matter is not me. Quite correctly, only a tiny number of posters on here have anything more than the most passing of interests in me. Those that have lives do not tend to spend them filing away petty barbs made against them on a forum. Jeepers, if I had one of those it would be bulging and very depressing reading!
What people are interested in right now is the owner, his motives and his capabilities. Whether we get a new manager soon, who it will be and how he can turn around a horror streak of form before it is too late. How many of our players will leave the club in the summer and what we need to replace them.
The sooner that you and your friends extract yourself from the weird prism of Darryl world, the sooner we can all move on to what matters (clue: that is not me, much as my ego would dearly love to think otherwise, and nor is it you and your file).

Yup, pretty much fed up to the back teeth with it. Don't get me wrong, I like healthy debate and a little fire and brimstone and have no problem with the odd dust up to clear the air, it can make for quite entertaining reading and i'm prone to the odd rant myself i'm sure. Sadly this air is very much stale. Pages and pages of threads are taken up with nothing but personal insults and digging over the minutia of what someone has posted to try and score points. Boring for all not in the trenches and ultimately pointless and self defeating. I'm very much anti censorship and would never want to silence a valid and strongly held view but all this cock waving should be slapped in it's own thread entitled 'my one's bigger than yours'.

I'm all for this. Can we start a petition to make this happen?

I have to say I’m getting quite concerned with the general air of toxicity on this forum of late. Things surrounding the football club aren’t perfect at the moment and there are a lot of unanswered questions but the fan base is the one unquestionable positive that the club still possesses at this time. Owners came and go, as do players but we’ll always be here, we’re the life blood and so should remain united when the club needs us the most. Ask Pompey fans just how important that is

"Sorry, not sorry!!!"

And so it goes on....

There is a maxim in the Army that a certain number of men become addicted to fighting and get very angry and disturbed when war comes to an end. They often end up in niche racist or paramilitary organisations, venting their habitual aggression.

And, meanwhile, the rest of the world moves on and passes them by with a shudder.

A couple of days ago, my long-term adversary Dave and I worked out that we agree on almost everything re Tiger. If everyone can go through the process of working out what unites us then we have a semblance of a chance of moving on to more productive pastures. Do I agree with how Oxvox have handled the last few months (or Bob Price for that matter)? No. But so what? They were doing what they thought best, just as I was on Water Eaton.
It is supposedly a democratic organisation, where the leaders can always say to their critics: if you want to change things you need to get elected.
And so we must move on. Because there are some rather serious, urgent matters to discuss...

And so it goes on....

There is a maxim in the Army that a certain number of men become addicted to fighting and get very angry and disturbed when war comes to an end. They often end up in niche racist or paramilitary organisations, venting their habitual aggression.

And, meanwhile, the rest of the world moves on and passes them by with a shudder.

A couple of days ago, my long-term adversary Dave and I worked out that we agree on almost everything re Tiger. If everyone can go through the process of working out what unites us then we have a semblance of a chance of moving on to more productive pastures. Do I agree with how Oxvox have handled the last few months (or Bob Price for that matter)? No. But so what? They were doing what they thought best, just as I was on Water Eaton.
It is supposedly a democratic organisation, where the leaders can always say to their critics: if you want to change things you need to get elected.
And so we must move on. Because there are some rather serious, urgent matters to discuss...
You do always have to have the last word don't you? However conciliatory your post it always seems to have an edge. May I suggest a period of silence and reflection from you and your protagonists is in order to enable the unhelpful heat which is being generated to dissipate.

"Sorry, not sorry!!!"

And so it goes on....

I’ve ,i hope u will agree stuck to my word and not got involved, as Actually it’s always been my belief that the club is stronger when the fans are united, I’ve argued many time at terms like day trippers, or your in my seaters. It really doesn’t matter who u are how often u go. If u choose to sing/not sing. Sit/stand. Have a positive outlook or negative. We’re all still Oufc fans and want the best from them (maybe not kip) So while we have seemed to have sorted issues between us may I suggest a softening of ur approach on Darryl and Oxvox. We know ur views, some agree some don’t, but taking sly digs at either in nearly every post just comes across bitter weather u mean it or not, and then provokes a reply. Like u say Oxvox has a role to play on the future of the club and Darryl has moved on, like maybe everyone else should

I have decided to post less and less on the forum recently as I have to say I have found it quite tiresome that some posters try to carry on like they have done in the past and others sit and swallow all their ballshit.

I’ve said it before and i’ll Say it again. Time will tell whether Tiger is good for the club or not. Early signs are mixed with a shambolic press conference to slightly better news coming from the 1 to 1 interviews.

Let’s hope tiger is a success along with this forum.

So despite Charlie replying to several posts since my post of earlier this morning, he still has not acknowledged the fundamental point I made (that there has not been a cult of supporting Darryl at all costs within OxVox), not acknowledged my post, and continued to trot out the same mantra in some of his posts this morning.

All the time while portraying himself as the victim and asking for conciliation from those he's denigrating.

Tell you what Charlie, acknowledge my post and agree that it's fair, stop the stupid references to "moonie like cults" and that might be a useful first step, as from where I'm sitting nothing's changed.

All of the above with apologies to those of you who must be sick of this, but try sitting there reading this s**t and lies about yourself day after day and you might have an idea how I/we feel. Like DSW above I post much less frequently now for similar reasons.

I respect the views of many on this forum, some who share my views and many that don't. And for that reason I will hold back from making flippant and personal comments towards Charlie and the like.

I genuinely don't really care too much either way on what he has to say but I do get a perverse pleasure from toying with him which is entirely childish but is better than throwing myself into a deep hole of despair like some.

We are in a period of massive uncertainty and Tiger worries me a little! We desperately need some direction, either from the boardroom or the manager (new or Faz). And we need to get the points we need to stay up before a real sort out (throughout the club) in the summer.

I am as passionate as anyone, but some of the doom mongering on here gets tiresome and I do wonder how some people cope in the real world. It's Oxford United guys! We never do anything the easy way and in the same way as we can get beat by a Bury side who hadn't scored in 500 games, we can also f**k up press conferences, management recruitment and provide half time hot chocolates that are neither hot nor taste of chocolate!!! We are bloody useless, and I frequently despair - but I still keep coming back to suffer again!!!

So I will try to put my pathetic posts on the back burner for now and join a more forward thinking and united bunch. I'll defrost the positivity bus and everyone is welcome on board whether we're off to Chelsea or Crawley!!! "Ei ei ei o" or "League 1 and we fucked it up!" We're Oxford UNITED and together we will face whatever comes our way!!!

Back
Top Bottom