Tomorrow's press conference

You could argue that due to poor results in the last 2 weeks the priorities have changed. Perhaps tiger is thinking experience or youthfulness?

You could argue that due to poor results in the last 2 weeks the priorities have changed. Perhaps tiger is thinking experience or youthfulness?
Perhaps tiger is thinking spend a bit more money on a manager to ensure we stay up.

Myles and Charlie are in their element here, they couldn’t wait to scare monger all of us once the deal went through.

The guy has been in control for the whole of 6 days. I have doubts after his press conference (if you can call it that) but other interviews have been promising, the fact he see’s marketing as a massive factor that needs improvement is a plus.

I will wait to see who he appoints as manager for starters then see his actions between now and the summer before passing judgement.

The fact is he is here and none of us know how it will pan out nor can we currently do anything about it.

Like I say, I have my doubts but I won’t jump on the bandwagon that he is evil or he is the saviour. I also take myles and Charlie’s comments with a pinch of salt after all their comments when the Eales deal went through.

Wiggy, I made no comments when Eales took over. You are letting your emotions override reality (as usual) . Why don't you just address the issues raised, rather than incorrectly personalise?
I have deliberately said that Tiger should be judged on his actions not words. And that anyone can sound good, but that is no guarantee of greatness. What more do you want? An Oxvox style praising of the guy with no basic answers to questions?

Wiggy, I made no comments when Eales took over. You are letting your emotions override reality (as usual) . Why don't you just address the issues raised, rather than incorrectly personalise?
I have deliberately said that Tiger should be judged on his actions not words. And that anyone can sound good, but that is no guarantee of greatness. What more do you want? An Oxvox style praising of the guy with no basic answers to questions?

No you may not have made comments when Eales took over but I bet you were pissed about it. Then when I answer or raise dues with his comments about Tiger he doesn’t like it and eventually gets a bit hot under the collar and is rude towards me, and when I return his rudeness you jump on the band wagon to speak on his behalf towards me.
I find that rich with you saying Tiger should be judged on his actions not words, because basically that is what I was saying to your chum Myles.
That is why I was a tad critical with th your chum Myles.

I can see you 2 now on a beach somewhere walking hand in hand towards the sunset singing Sonny & Cher “ I got you babe “

Eventhough Ledson says the players do look and Mousinho said he had been checking Oddschecker?
..and evidently Faz doesn't have a clue what's going on. You would expect a new owner to have some kind of conversation with his caretaker manager.
I am usually upbeat about change but this has been managed appallingly. PR and communications shambolic. Let's hope the weather cancels Saturday's match and gives us time to regroup. And let's hope Tiger puts some thought into meeting current squad (playing and coaching) to what he will say to settle and encourage them.
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1...ts_to_stay_at_Oxford_United_under_new_regime/

Very true..

Myles and Charlie are in their element here, they couldn’t wait to scare monger all of us once the deal went through.

The guy has been in control for the whole of 6 days. I have doubts after his press conference (if you can call it that) but other interviews have been promising, the fact he see’s marketing as a massive factor that needs improvement is a plus.

I will wait to see who he appoints as manager for starters then see his actions between now and the summer before passing judgement.

The fact is he is here and none of us know how it will pan out nor can we currently do anything about it.

Like I say, I have my doubts but I won’t jump on the bandwagon that he is evil or he is the saviour. I also take myles and Charlie’s comments with a pinch of salt after all their comments when the Eales deal went through.

This is a good example of ‘missing the point’.

No one is scaremongering. This guy’s record and his cohorts, including the mysterious Jack, at Reading is there for all to see. Likewise the dubious links to Shinawatra.

The query being raised (by quite a few others, by the way) is why Tiger was not asked said difficult questions by an ‘independent’ supporters group. And, repeating myself from another thread, why the ‘independent’ supporters group chose to keep it secret that ‘Jack’ was involved.

This is basic governance of ‘our’ club.

You can give him all the time he wants. He can appoint Alex Ferguson if he wants. He can build us a new stadium if he wants. But the point remains above.

If supporters up and down the land do not ask firm but courteous questions about new owners’ past, reputations and intentions at the point of sale then they do not have a leg to stand on when it goes tits up.

And, I’ve said this before, the local media is equally culpable if not more so.

This is a good example of ‘missing the point’.

No one is scaremongering. This guy’s record and his cohorts, including the mysterious Jack, at Reading is there for all to see. Likewise the dubious links to Shinawatra.

The query being raised (by quite a few others, by the way) is why Tiger was not asked said difficult questions by an ‘independent’ supporters group. And, repeating myself from another thread, why the ‘independent’ supporters group chose to keep it secret that ‘Jack’ was involved.

This is basic governance of ‘our’ club.

You can give him all the time he wants. He can appoint Alex Ferguson if he wants. He can build us a new stadium if he wants. But the point remains above.

If supporters up and down the land do not ask firm but courteous questions about new owners’ past, reputations and intentions at the point of sale then they do not have a leg to stand on when it goes tits up.

And, I’ve said this before, the local media is equally culpable if not more so.

Hi,

You've been very vocal since the sale of the club; it's clearly something that you feel very passionately about.

I just wondered, given that passion, if you are a member of OxVox? I infer from your tone regarding that group, that you're not (apologies if you are). If you are, have you taken to time to speak to the committee members and lodged your intention to stand?

If you're not a member, I also assume, given the seriousness of your comments, that you have taken it upon yourself to ask these courteous questions of DE and Tiger. I can't believe someone as concerned as you would just sit idly on an obscure internet forum throwing criticisms around of a group that you're (probably) not a member of. Please, share that correspondence with us. I know we'd all appreciate it.

I've probably got it all wrong and you've set up a rival group to show OxVox just how it's done. Congratulations on that. Again, it would be good to see the details.

All the best
OxfordYankee

Hi,

You've been very vocal since the sale of the club; it's clearly something that you feel very passionately about.

I just wondered, given that passion, if you are a member of OxVox? I infer from your tone regarding that group, that you're not (apologies if you are). If you are, have you taken to time to speak to the committee members and lodged your intention to stand?

If you're not a member, I also assume, given the seriousness of your comments, that you have taken it upon yourself to ask these courteous questions of DE and Tiger. I can't believe someone as concerned as you would just sit idly on an obscure internet forum throwing criticisms around of a group that you're (probably) not a member of. Please, share that correspondence with us. I know we'd all appreciate it.

I've probably got it all wrong and you've set up a rival group to show OxVox just how it's done. Congratulations on that. Again, it would be good to see the details.

All the best
OxfordYankee

Shouldn’t we all feel passionate and be vocal at this time? It’s pretty fundamental.

The fact that I am not a member of OxVox makes my opinion less relevant, does it? That is what you seem to be implying.

And because I am not standing for election or (ludicrously) as a single entity neither picked up the phone to good old Daz nor set up my own group (seriously? This is your level of debate?) that I am somehow debarred from asking questions.

It’s clear what you’re driving at. Because OxVox folks have given up their time those that haven’t should shut the eff up. Right? Just come out and say it.

I doubt anyone at committee level of this group would be idiotic enough to hold that view. So clearly you are not one of them.

On the subject of committee members I asked Jeremy F a question about why difficult questions were not asked. I’ve yet to receive a reply.

Those throwing mud about, really should start thinking about the mud that could be thrown back in their direction.

A number of those pontificating and posting on this thread have some very difficult questions to answer of their own, that extends to their general conduct and behavior, as well as breaking confidences.

We've just posted out the notes of our meeting with Tiger, Jack and Daryl. We also explained why we took that course of action. As some would have noted, we never signed up to any NDA's either.

Ha ha.

I'm not a committee member, no. I am a member and as part of the organisation I can have my say and vote accordingly for the leadership, or a change in it, when the time comes. You, however, have no say on OxVox. None. It represents its membership, not the fan base as a whole. Why should Jem answer you? You're not a member.

I find it tiresome to read critique after critique of what it did, or didn't do, from people that don't believe it to be worth joining.

No one is forcing you to join but unless you do, you have no right to hold it to task.

Those throwing mud about, really should start thinking about the mud that could be thrown back in their direction.

A number of those pontificating and posting on this thread have some very difficult questions to answer of their own, that extends to their general conduct and behavior, as well as breaking confidences.

We've just posted out the notes of our meeting with Tiger, Jack and Daryl. We also explained why we took that course of action. As some would have noted, we never signed up to any NDA's either.

No one is ever beyond criticism, but time and again those who have been most vocal against OxVox have run off with their tail between their legs when the facts are not as they claim.

Whether we agree or disagree, those in OxVox work tirelessly on behalf of all of us, in their own time, and without reward.

I offer my thanks to OxVox and suggest that the likes of Mr Hawk etc either put up or shut up!

Shouldn’t we all feel passionate and be vocal at this time? It’s pretty fundamental.

The fact that I am not a member of OxVox makes my opinion less relevant, does it? That is what you seem to be implying.

And because I am not standing for election or (ludicrously) as a single entity neither picked up the phone to good old Daz nor set up my own group (seriously? This is your level of debate?) that I am somehow debarred from asking questions.

It’s clear what you’re driving at. Because OxVox folks have given up their time those that haven’t should shut the eff up. Right? Just come out and say it.

I doubt anyone at committee level of this group would be idiotic enough to hold that view. So clearly you are not one of them.

On the subject of committee members I asked Jeremy F a question about why difficult questions were not asked. I’ve yet to receive a reply.

You are Charlie's butler and I claim my £10!!!!

Ha ha.

I'm not a committee member, no. I am a member and as part of the organisation I can have my say and vote accordingly for the leadership, or a change in it, when the time comes. You, however, have no say on OxVox. None. It represents its membership, not the fan base as a whole. Why should Jem answer you? You're not a member.

I find it tiresome to read critique after critique of what it did, or didn't do, from people that don't believe it to be worth joining.

No one is forcing you to join but unless you do, you have no right to hold it to task.

There you have it ladies and gentleman. No criticism of OxVox allowed unless you are part of OxVox. If it’s leadership feels the same then I guess I have the answer to my questions.

And it would seem maybe it does considering the pathetic post above.

So fans asking genuine questions about a group’s conduct is described as ‘mud slinging’? Jesus wept.

Please feel free, by the way, to throw some mud my way and any difficult questions. I will answer mine.

There you have it ladies and gentleman. No criticism of OxVox allowed unless you are part of OxVox. If it’s leadership feels the same then I guess I have the answer to my questions.

And it would seem maybe it does considering the pathetic post above.

So fans asking genuine questions about a group’s conduct is described as ‘mud slinging’? Jesus wept.

Please feel free, by the way, to throw some mud my way and any difficult questions. I will answer mine.

Simple question - why have you not joined OxVox?

You describe your passion for the club (and imply that others are less passionate or care less) but do not feel it important to be part of an independent supports group?

Have you attended any fans forums?

Have you, in any way outside of this forum, raised questions regarding OUFC?

Are you Charlie's butler?

Do you remember a time when you had fun, smiled or even laughed?!

The sniping and backbiting on here is getting very tiresome.
There are some relevant points made by all parties.
We all had different views about Kassam,Merry,Lenegan and Eales but one thing remains constant,we all support this magnificent football club.

Let's continue to put our views forward but PLEASE leave out the insults.

For what it's worth I think Mr Eales has sold up in HIS best interests and not the best interests of OUFC

Something doesn't feel right with these new owners but I will wait and see.

Let's not forget our greatest days as Oxford fans was under the chairmanship of Capt. Bob and he was the biggest crook of all

Back
Top Bottom