Tomorrow's press conference

Have or will the beloved Oxvox ask Eales why he hasn't written off the debt like he said or are they to busy celebrating getting 1000 people to join there shoddy little club

Did he say he'd write of the debt?

I remember him saying no new debt would be accrued...

Have or will the beloved Oxvox ask Eales why he hasn't written off the debt like he said or are they to busy celebrating getting 1000 people to join there shoddy little club

Did he say he'd write of the debt?

I remember him saying no new debt would be accrued...
I believe he said he would defer payment of the debt ..not write off..obviously if the club went to the wall that is a possibility

No we can keep haveing this debate for years to come, if everything goes well we somehow manage the stay in L1 and Tiger finances the playing side which next season people may look upon us and wonder how they will try and beat a top quality side like Oxford, then everything will be rosy, doublet whether your friend Myles will be on here as he might struggle to find some praise for tiger, however we have a couple of years of classy football get into the championship then the wheels falls off, would your friend be back on here saying how he was right and we were wrong......off course he would. However he maybe right all along he puts us into administration in the clear senate season and as per FA rules we would be relegated 2 divisions, doesn’t bear thinking about.

I don't think the desire to say 'I told you so' is the driver here Baz.

I believe he said he would defer payment of the debt ..not write off..obviously if the club went to the wall that is a possibility
I think with everything on here, we can guess as much as we like, we have to wait to see the detail first.

Myles, for all your hard work whether its right or wrong is this really the place to put it, surely if it was of that importance you should go to the media and let them give you a bigger platform, I don't think you get any message across to everyone on this forum, some don't care, some see it as agenda scaremongering and some agree, does it really matter to YOU that everyone has to agree with your opinion because the petty squabbling is turning this forum sour.
IF you are right what can WE do about it?
I don't expect everyone to agree, I really don't. But as for questioning whether this is the right place to put the information, are you serious? The main online forum for Oxford fans to discuss issues is surely THE place to raise it?

And I take on board what you say about the media, but to be blunt that's not going to happen. From a national media perspective, we are small fry and it's just not news-worthy enough. From a local perspective, they are too wary of taking on anything which is "controversial"; just take a look at the lack of investigation into TAG's dealings at City.

Isn’t it a shame that since the long awaited takeover finally took place, there’s still an air of gloom around the place, with people still worried/nervous/uncertain to what the future holds. I just hope the playing staff have received more answers than us supporters to what’s going on, I hoped that post takeover there would be a general sense of stability which would mean that players who’s contracts are running down would commit their futures to the bright new dawning, when it reality it looks as though the opposite has happened, with fans on here arguing about just how deep the s**t we’re in actually is. It’s almost as though we need a press conference to clear the air....

Isn’t it a shame that since the long awaited takeover finally took place, there’s still an air of gloom around the place, with people still worried/nervous/uncertain to what the future holds. I just hope the playing staff have received more answers than us supporters to what’s going on, I hoped that post takeover there would be a general sense of stability which would mean that players who’s contracts are running down would commit their futures to the bright new dawning, when it reality it looks as though the opposite has happened, with fans on here arguing about just how deep the s**t we’re in actually is. It’s almost as though we need a press conference to clear the air....

To be fair what ever anyone may have concern on here, it will have little effect on the ability to say get rothwell a new contract. That is only dependant on two things, who the new manager is and his ability to convince players of his plan and their role in it, and the owner and how much he’s prepared to put up as a budget and how much of that can’t be put to that player. I shouldn’t imagine concerns over known associates will play on their mind to much.

The fact that tiger seem to have gone back to young players is promising with dickie and branagan, the fact he’s willing to spend with offers for Moore and Cole even more so. Who’s money it is and where it comes from is a totally different debate

I think the doom and gloom is because we're all completely in the dark about the intentions of the new owners and the future. 6 weeks and we STILL DON'T HAVE A NEW MANAGER!

I think the pessimism is largely because the whole business looks/sounds like a gigantic con. His behaviour at Reading (assuming what has been reported is broadly correct) is deeply concerning. Added to that, if the anecdotes about wanting to deliver team talks etc are correct, then we have a disaster on our hands. No half decent manager will work for a Chairman like that and that directly affects player recruitment. I'm all for giving someone a chance but first impressions count. And 95% of the time they are correct. And my first impression is that Tiger is a chancer who will damage the club very significantly.

To be fair what ever anyone may have concern on here, it will have little effect on the ability to say get rothwell a new contract. That is only dependant on two things, who the new manager is and his ability to convince players of his plan and their role in it, and the owner and how much he’s prepared to put up as a budget and how much of that can’t be put to that player. I shouldn’t imagine concerns over known associates will play on their mind to much.

The fact that tiger seem to have gone back to young players is promising with dickie and branagan, the fact he’s willing to spend with offers for Moore and Cole even more so. Who’s money it is and where it comes from is a totally different debate
But a general sense of uncertainty amongst the fan base can’t be healthy. With where the situation was pre takeover, it really was crying out for a show of dynamic intent, with concise coherent plans going forward and real evidence of action taking place. Since news of the takeover, it’s been anything but that. As people say, actions speak louder than words and first impressions are vital. Its still early in the game but we’re down by an own goal so far.

But a general sense of uncertainty amongst the fan base can’t be healthy. With where the situation was pre takeover, it really was crying out for a show of dynamic intent, with concise coherent plans going forward and real evidence of action taking place. Since news of the takeover, it’s been anything but that. As people say, actions speak louder than words and first impressions are vital. Its still early in the game but we’re down by an own goal so far.

For fans yes, for players I don’t think many look that closely.

I don't expect everyone to agree, I really don't. But as for questioning whether this is the right place to put the information, are you serious? The main online forum for Oxford fans to discuss issues is surely THE place to raise it?

And I take on board what you say about the media, but to be blunt that's not going to happen. From a national media perspective, we are small fry and it's just not news-worthy enough. From a local perspective, they are too wary of taking on anything which is "controversial"; just take a look at the lack of investigation into TAG's dealings at City.
Myles, thanks for the reply, of course I was being serious if you want to conduct these matters in front of maybe 100-150 viewers then fine, my point is if you are right then that is not getting to the right audience to make an impact, no arguments from me here on this subject.
I certainly don't agree with a lot you write and will also argue the points, but I can see on this subject you have a certain opinion that I hope you are wrong about.
I just don't think anyone on here can influence the varied support of OUFC and the way everyone views this forum to make an impact. It's always worried me that you and the boys think this place, in it's different guises, is more important than the reality is, the "debates" are with the same people with the odd "newbie" popping in to back up one side or the other, we live in the bubble of forum "information".

But a necessary one. Myles is absolutely right to ask the searching questions. I have similar misgivings to those he has articulated.

Oxvox and Donald gave the thumbs up to the Satori deal and there was an air of positivity at the time and all credit to those who met with the potential new owner. Unfortunately Eales decided late in the day that the sale would not be best for OUFC. This time round there is very little to be positive about at the moment. This may change when the new manager is presented to the supporters. Just because the deal has been done does not preclude us asking challenging questions at what is a very unsettling time for supporters who remember past change of ownership of our club.

Myles, thanks for the reply, of course I was being serious if you want to conduct these matters in front of maybe 100-150 viewers then fine, my point is if you are right then that is not getting to the right audience to make an impact, no arguments from me here on this subject.
I certainly don't agree with a lot you write and will also argue the points, but I can see on this subject you have a certain opinion that I hope you are wrong about.
I just don't think anyone on here can influence the varied support of OUFC and the way everyone views this forum to make an impact. It's always worried me that you and the boys think this place, in it's different guises, is more important than the reality is, the "debates" are with the same people with the odd "newbie" popping in to back up one side or the other, we live in the bubble of forum "information".
If Myles is right, and the questions need to be asked to establish that and to provide the evidence, then it will most definitely get to the right audience.

Didn’t need saying , we’ve been through all This I’m I’m talking purely about from a players prospective. Not fans. Totally different. Joe rothwell will not be sat at home concerned over the long term future of Oufc.
The thing is if Rothwell, Hall and Nelson are going to put pen to paper on new contracts here they need to be sold something. A vision, a plan. I’m not sure, on the evidence so far, I’d trust Tiger to sell me a broom unfortunately

That’s where the manager comes in, it was mapp that sold those players the plan, come here get game time move to bigger things. That is no different, players won’t look much beyond that, as that’s all that really effects them.
If and when he ever does come in... ?

Cripes, no - and nor does being matey with anyone mean anything more than what it says on the tin. I do note, though, that Dave T is constantly referring back, snidely, to past comments made by Myles and me. Twisting them and trying to use them to discredit what we say today. For instance, I once said that Tranmere had made a shrewd appointment in Mickey Adams, and that he would get them playing pragmatic football, which is what Mapp needed to do with us. Ever since then, he has attempted to claim/ imply that I suggested we fire Appleton and hire Adams. Which I categorically never did. I was simply wrong about Tranmere's appointment of Adams - and Christ has Dave been wrong about a lot since (the entire performance of our team this season, and Pep's abilities as a manager, to name just two recent boo boos he has made).

I think that it would be helpful, in these troubled times, if we all address the issues as they are, and as people are debating them right now. No need, really, to refer to people's views in the past. When the facts change, we are all allowed to change our views. That is life. If we ever were always correct about everything, then we wouldn't be on a lower league football forum, me'thinks.

Dave T's viewpoint - that he's not 100% sure about things, but inclined to look on the sunny side until and unless events prove otherwise - is perfectly valid. In my happier moments, I incline to agree with him. But equally valid are Myles' detailed, serious, well-researched concerns. It debases the level of debate on here to suggest, as Dave does in moments of weakness, that it's somehow all cooked up, agenda-driven nonsense. If you don't agree with it, then go through it, do your own research and refute it line by line, with references to published sources (to counter those sources that Myles has used). THAT is what will make for a really decent, de-personalised forum.

I have a feeling, maybe incorrect, that we are due for some difficult times. And we need to address those as united as we can be as a fanbase. There is no conspiracy against Tiger. Nor is there a conspiracy against OxVox. Nor is there a conspiracy against me. Or Myles. In fact, I suspect - beyond the egos and gang mentality - that, as of right now, virtually all sensible posters on this forum are based somewhere between two points:

1. Most optimistic: Tiger might be Ok or a disaster - we just don't know - but not much we can do so why get knickers in a twist
2. Most pessimistic: Not 100% sure, but this feels like it could go wrong

But I think that we should be alert, and asking the right questions (politely) and pushing for answers. Otherwise, we will thoroughly deserve any bruising that we might be cruising for.

This would be a bloody good post if it was not for the fact that 9 times out of 10 you are an objectionable ****!

Myles and Charlie are in their element here, they couldn’t wait to scare monger all of us once the deal went through.

The guy has been in control for the whole of 6 days. I have doubts after his press conference (if you can call it that) but other interviews have been promising, the fact he see’s marketing as a massive factor that needs improvement is a plus.

I will wait to see who he appoints as manager for starters then see his actions between now and the summer before passing judgement.

The fact is he is here and none of us know how it will pan out nor can we currently do anything about it.

Like I say, I have my doubts but I won’t jump on the bandwagon that he is evil or he is the saviour. I also take myles and Charlie’s comments with a pinch of salt after all their comments when the Eales deal went through.

Back
Top Bottom