Time to bring back some old songs?

I thought I was "everywhere they go" but either way it was cringey as f**k seen as Pompey were singing that tune about Southampton losing 9-0

"Come on Oxford" is sung at the wrong pace, with claps in the wrong place and for not long enough now

It used to rumble on for ages in the Left Side.....

"Come on Oxford" is sung at the wrong pace, with claps in the wrong place and for not long enough now

It used to rumble on for ages in the Left Side.....

What kept songs going on the LRT was the low roof and it didn`t need many to keep a song "rolling". Sadly the breeze bloke needs a full house and atmosphere is often better away at the "older" grounds.

What kept songs going on the LRT was the low roof and it didn`t need many to keep a song "rolling". Sadly the breeze bloke needs a full house and atmosphere is often better away at the "older" grounds.
Sadly this is true.
How about something new and original. Over to the youngsters for that.

Agree with this post. The last 2 home games have been really poor and hardly any songs except yellows yellows, etc. Think people need to bring back some of these https://www.fanchants.com/football-team/oxford-united/#all-chants.

We don't even seem to intimidate the away fans anymore either. We're too soft, bring back english northern scum, seasiders, did you come in a taxi etc .

Didn't we use to sing one like. Oooo Oxfordshire is wonderful...

And a favourite of mine a few years ago

You are my Oxford , My only Oxford , You make me happy, When skies are grey, You'll never know just, How much I love you, So please don't take my Oxford away, Na na na na na (ooh), Na na na na na (ooh ooh), Na na na na na...

Agree with this post. The last 2 home games have been really poor and hardly any songs except yellows yellows, etc. Think people need to bring back some of these https://www.fanchants.com/football-team/oxford-united/#all-chants.

We don't even seem to intimidate the away fans anymore either. We're too soft, bring back english northern scum, seasiders, did you come in a taxi etc .

You are my Oxford , My only Oxford , You make me happy, When skies are grey, You'll never know just, How much I love you, So please don't take my Oxford away, Na na na na na (ooh), Na na na na na (ooh ooh), Na na na na na...

Sadly nobody is allowed to offend or denigrate anyone for any reason anymore.
Welcome to the thicker end of the wedge because nobody knows where to draw the line of what is acceptable and what isn`t.

The 'Did you come in a taxi' song is hardly intimidating. I always thought it a bit cringy.

And it should be ‘come on you yellows’ when we get a corner sang first followed by ‘yellows, yellows’ not the other way around.

Also used to like us to sing ‘united, united’ for at lest 6-8 times!

I remember singing "Malcolm Shotton's Yellow Army" for about 50 minutes straight at an away game once.
As for a "new" song, if you do try it then you have to persist with it. No song becomes a classic overnight and it has to grow on you (and be catchy and easy to sing). The last one I can remember with such a uniform participation rate was "E-I-E-I-E-I-O...up the football league we go" but that was success based (doesn't really work if you're battling relegation!).

Didn't the LRT once used to do a continuous tone for minutes at a time? Would have been late 70s early 80s?or did I imagine that?

The chant, ?" in the Swindon slums"?....
I've always sung ? they find a dead cat?....but I heard Rat last time,.....have I been wrong all these years???

Back
Top Bottom