General The yellowsforum calming thread, with Adrian Chiles

@Northstandboy is a legend for his social responsibility and loves each and every one of you who post on yellowsforum, and those who only read, and even the bots who crawl over our beloved club site. One thing he rarely mentions is his concern for our mental health, all of us.

For that reason he has ordered me to create a thread that will cover happiness reinforcing and mundane issues that can be discussed in a friendly and supportive manner; something with a hint of nostalgia that will engender a warm, comfy feeling in the forum community. Ah well; this'll have to do.

Some of you may remember Adrian Chiles as the permagurning, personality-free host of (it says) The One Show, Daybreak with Christine Lampard and ITV Sport; the man who says the obvious a short while after you decided it wasn't worth mentioning, who asks the questions no-one wants asked. You may have wondered what happened to him after TV cameramen downed sou'westers and oilskins and refused to be showered with spittle every time he spoke.

Well, fear not. Adrian's partner is Editor of The Grauniad Guardian, a medium for those who think well of themselves and she hired Adrian to write the sort of article that would bring a glow of recall and a flush of pride to the cheeks of Daily Mail readers while using grown-up language and encourage fools to think of it as post-modernist or high-falutin'. It seems like a load of old shte to me but, who knows, it might work for you lot. Here's this week's effort from Ade, put your marigolds on:

Cheddar and stout?! Salted caramel?! This messing with hot cross buns has to stop!
You are all at the top of my z list :)

Nash’s Bakery on the Leys have sticky Lardy cakes.
May I suggest a carpet bombing of Lardy cakes over Calais?

I'm loving it. I must be honest, all the repeats of KR out by the same people is depressing me.
This thread came just in time🤪🫣

I'm loving it. I must be honest, all the repeats of KR out by the same people is depressing me.
This thread came just in time🤪🫣
I have to admit that until I saw you and Ste post consecutively, I hadn't realised you were a Senior Moderator and Ste is "just" a moderator.....interesting :unsure:

Does that mean you can pull rank and instruct him to participate in this thread as a "development opportunity"?

I have to admit that until I saw you and Ste post consecutively, I hadn't realised you were a Senior Moderator and Ste is "just" a moderator.....interesting :unsure:

Does that mean you can pull rank and instruct him to participate in this thread as a "development opportunity"?

Good spot. I believe Mr Merritt needs to complete his Level 3 Moderation exams and complete 9000 hours of Moderation before he qualifies for Senior status.

Even then I think they only 'make' 2 or 3 Moderators a year and there's a kid on Exeweb who's done some incredible work handing out temporary bans and some deft touches with the editing - he's surely in-line for a promotion.

The highlight of the year of course is when they hold the Moderators Ball at The Grosvenor.
The great and the good of the Moderating world come together to celebrate good Moderation.

I believe our very own Malc is nominated for the award for "most threads closed to replies" and collectively team YellowsForum are up for a "best attempt to supress a rumour" award for their work on, well, we can't say.

@SteMerritt is a fully qualified mod. I am senior because I am older. 😁.
But before Yellows Forum I earned my stripes as mod on Grass Roots forum while we were in the Conference. Ouch that brings back nightmares.
When we got back into L2 my relase price was offered by @Northstandboy to Grass Roots, and after serious hours of negotiations I got 2 cups of tea free for each spammer I catch. Hehe, thats easy.

I'm slightly concerned that it's about 5 more days till Adrian's next 'piece" is released by his expectant partner.

How can we keep this level of civility going till his next ejaculation*?

* it's old, it's glitter long fell off but I reckon there's worse. There was a moment of majestic comic timing from Kenneth Wiliams on a trailer a while ago - "and the doctor made a cheery face and said 'You've got a spastic colon', [beat] as if I'd come into money!".

And may I just offer a calming device directly lifted from YouTube childcare influencers…
I whole hour of hairdryer noise.
Guaranteed to work better than Ketamine even for our most exasperated posters.👍🏽

NEWS. At the Carno Spar and Post Office you can now enjoy a hot cross bun flavour coffee;

Carno is a village in Powys, which is in Wales. The Carno Spar and Post Office will close at 8.00 pm tonight. Slightly grating that the Post Office is not actually named after the road in which it's located, but you can probably find it without too much effort in a village of 730 souls.

These are really quite remarkable, thanks for sharing.

I'm gratified to think my little effort helps, thank you so mush for taking the time to say so.

Meanwhile things are hotting up on the manager front so I think it's time to bring back the Master for for more wit and wisdom. I'm a little worried about this one, it seems he has a baggies crest on a stained window in his (and his editor's) house!

Back
Top Bottom