General The yellowsforum calming thread, with Adrian Chiles

Paul Cannell

@Northstandboy is a legend for his social responsibility and loves each and every one of you who post on yellowsforum, and those who only read, and even the bots who crawl over our beloved club site. One thing he rarely mentions is his concern for our mental health, all of us.

For that reason he has ordered me to create a thread that will cover happiness reinforcing and mundane issues that can be discussed in a friendly and supportive manner; something with a hint of nostalgia that will engender a warm, comfy feeling in the forum community. Ah well; this'll have to do.

Some of you may remember Adrian Chiles as the permagurning, personality-free host of (it says) The One Show, Daybreak with Christine Lampard and ITV Sport; the man who says the obvious a short while after you decided it wasn't worth mentioning, who asks the questions no-one wants asked. You may have wondered what happened to him after TV cameramen downed sou'westers and oilskins and refused to be showered with spittle every time he spoke.

Well, fear not. Adrian's partner is Editor of The Grauniad Guardian, a medium for those who think well of themselves and she hired Adrian to write the sort of article that would bring a glow of recall and a flush of pride to the cheeks of Daily Mail readers while using grown-up language and encourage fools to think of it as post-modernist or high-falutin'. It seems like a load of old shte to me but, who knows, it might work for you lot. Here's this week's effort from Ade, put your marigolds on:

Cheddar and stout?! Salted caramel?! This messing with hot cross buns has to stop!

Chiles was born in Quinton, Birmingham.

The area is served by three post offices: Quinton post office is on Hagley Road West in Quinton village, Faraday Avenue post office is on Worlds End Lane and West Boulevard post office is on Court Oak Road.

On reflection; I think it's confusing to have Post Offices named after roads that fhey are not on.

Considering hot cross buns are awful tasting travesties of baking to start with, I find it hard to believe it is possible to make one taste even worse.

If you don't agree then that is fine, stay chilled and calm.

Considering hot cross buns are awful tasting travesties of baking to start with, I find it hard to believe it is possible to make one taste even worse.

If you don't agree then that is fine, stay chilled and calm.
Rein it in Steve...you're already starting to pollute this wholesome thread with negative vibes.

Mods - Clean up on Post 5 please.

Last edited:
Information just for Steve.
Hot cross buns have not yet made it across the North Sea.
But I have heard rumours of a surprise invasion just before Christmas, mainly as revenge for Brexit.

Information just for Steve.
Hot cross buns have not yet made it across the North Sea.
But I have heard rumours of a surprise invasion just before Christmas, mainly as revenge for Brexit.

Has Lardy Cake made it over?

I love cats. Send them to me, floating on a raft of lardy cakes.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Lil's bakery (Shefford's Bakery Faringdon)

Home of the best cherry lardy cake and a lot more proper cakes!

r274-Sheffords-Bakery-food.jpg

The original WWII "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster can be seen in Barter Books, Alnwick Station, Northumberland.

Opportunity to visit when we are playing away to e.g. Hartlepool or Gateshead in the next season or two (Aargh, I knew I couldn't stay calm....)

Its been said I bear a striking resemblance to AC ....... or Toby Jones.... take your pick.

We are never seen in the same room together....... :)

Back
Top Bottom