Yet another 'charity' thread!

Thank you Pompeyyelows - she's just done her first bit of the walk (a couple of miles) and it's piddling down here! I hope it stops by the time she goes out for another couple or it's going to be a grumpy Friday night! :)

If 'Stranger' is on here, you apologised for the size of your donation. Please don't even think that - we are very grateful you gave and it all helps!

Thanks everyone!

More thankyous! Cheers to IOWYellow and LowerSouth - much appreciated. (y)

All the generous support makes me proud to be a yellow.

Done: I had a brush with this disease, it’s insidious and it was pretty random that it got spotted. Pleased to report that was 25 years ago. Good luck with the walking in this filthy weather.

Thank you to TigerDriver, MarkedOx and MarkG for their donations.

I'll try to get Karen (who has just been out to chip another couple of miles off the target) into an Oxford shirt to post a thank you picture at some time ;)

Thank-you.jpg

Karen wanted me to post a 'thank you' for all of your donations - I couldn't get her in a shirt, but managed to get one of Cuddy's '12th Man' hats on her!

Just to update you all, her original target of £341 has been passed. She is now on £825 which, when you add in the Gift Aid and a couple of cash donations that we have yet to put in, equals about £1000 for Target Ovarian Cancer. She is just over 80 miles in, and with about 10 days to go is pretty confident of getting to the 100 mile target. I'll confirm she's done it when she gets there.

Thanks all! Karen and Jon (ZtH)

PS Of course if anyone else wants to donate, the link is in the opening post ;)

Only just seen this thread.

Wishing you all the very best.

This is a great way to give something back to those who have helped you with your treatment and recovery.

Good luck for the final 20 👌

Just to wrap this thread up:

completed.jpg

"Hooray! Today I competed my 100 miles challenge. My daughter Lizzie walked with me around Milton Keynes and Linford Wood, There are many signs of spring, ... wood anemone, celandine and bluebells. So lovely, and a promise of good things to come....As I have a few days in hand I may try for another 20 miles? My sincere thanks to everyone who has supported my fundraising effort. It has been really worthwhile as the donations will fund improvements in the treatment of Ovarian Cancer. X"

Karen has raised over £1100 (with the gift aid) for the charity - and a healthy proportion of that is from Yellows Forum. So thank you very much - we both appreciate it greatly.

Cheers - Jon (ZtH)

Back
Top Bottom