Home gardening - "Grow your Own" thread.

I’ve grown parsnips for fun this year. I’m not sure when to harvest them as they seem ready to dig up. Not done any research but anyone had luck with them?

Her ladyship picked up a couple of tips on parsnip utilisation at the W.I. She's had a fair bit of luck with them, being a vegetable they can't run away.

In fairness, it's probably more interesting and infinitely more rewarding than watching F1.....[emoji42]

Well, fucking holy mother of christ I wasn't expecting the most rewarding, apposite post ever to just pop out like that while I'm listening to Beenie Man. Good show :)

Still got plenty of onions, potatoes, beetroot and green & french beans on the plot and Thankfully the courgettes are slowing down!
Not been such a good year for the sweetcorn (mostly looking a bit dry) and hardly any raspberries have appeared.

Mostly down to root veg now, swedes, carrots, beetroot and various cabbages.
Last pick of beans just been done.
Think I started the peppers off too late, only just flowered!! Live & learn.
Amazing how much things pick up after a bit of rain!

The walnut tree hasn't given much this year. 😭 Last year more than 40 kilos. 😁

For any Oxfordshire based fruit fans, the greengrocers I go to are going to have a stall at Wantage market and Gloucester Green I think Saturday and Wednesday. Unique Fruit is the name. Very good quality.

Back
Top Bottom