The pitch

Wasnt it Rochdale who were donated lights from local gardeners by the local constabulary after they had been used as evidence

Not the uni ground maintance team...their short contract wasnt renewed by firoka or stadco (?)in nov I think ? .... head of uni team briefly enlightened & warned re pitch condition& that since last relaid the playing surface wasn't to the spec paid for, nor had the pitch been correctly maintained (at oxvox open members meeting at cpf, last nov). .. 3 days later the uni groundstaff were informed their maintenance contract wasnt being renewed

Starting to look sad, sorry n tired (the pitch)
The loss of tender was nothing to do with any comments made at the meeting, all about a cheaper quote, which is par for the course, problem with pitch is as described.

I doubt Tiger could make cash available for a night light let alone grow lights.

Still it’s definitely not as bad as it has been. The days of London Welsh and the SSU Sand Pit aren’t that long ago.

South stand shadow isn't helpful....fixable by inserting clear perspex panels to allow the sun to get on it....trouble is our slum land Lord won't fund that.....real issue is when the pitchwas relaid it wasnt to the required specifications, and subsequent maintainance wasnt adequate for the relaid pitch. As revealed by the then head groundsman last November
Wasn't it DE who had the pitch relayed? if it wasn't up to spec who do you chase?
So who pays for the upkeep of the pitch now, FK or the club?

Wasn't it DE who had the pitch relayed? if it wasn't up to spec who do you chase?
So who pays for the upkeep of the pitch now, FK or the club?
Didn't IL have some work done on the pitch too? .... good question re who pays for maintaining the pitch @LondonRoader ... as given Saturday's access/ lack of access afforded by stadco to OUFC, implications for pitch maintenance team have a question mark hanging. Maybe @OxVox will know either way?

Just seen the KR interview on ifollow. He says that the pitch is having "hundreds of thousands of pounds" being spent on it. And is having work done on it "to a level that club has not had done before". Has anyone been down to have peek through the gates?

Just seen the KR interview on ifollow. He says that the pitch is having "hundreds of thousands of pounds" being spent on it. And is having work done on it "to a level that club has not had done before". Has anyone been down to have peek through the gates?

Think thats the training ground pitch

I thought exactly the same (started dreaming of a billiard table pitch and silky passing football), and then realised that the interview would have been done at the training ground! Spending that amount of money on the training ground pitch seems extravagant to me, but then maybe the price of grass seed has rocketed...

I thought exactly the same (started dreaming of a billiard table pitch and silky passing football), and then realised that the interview would have been done at the training ground! Spending that amount of money on the training ground pitch seems extravagant to me, but then maybe the price of grass seed has rocketed...

depends where you buy ...and the quantity (as well as quality) ;) ;) ;)

This is part of the problem though, people keep saying tiger has no money, and daryll got the training ground sorted. Without realising quite how much is actually being spent behind the scenes on this clubs infrastructure. Yes the training ground and academy were already there, but they have been massively improved. The players train on that pitch 5 days a week, they play on the kassam once a fortnight. We now have training facilities of a standard that this club has never had, and an academy producing top talent which could costs hundreds of thousand a year to run and is looking to step up to the next category. Imo Not really the actions of someone with no money, whos looking to make a quick profit. These are long term investments for the benefit of the football club

I didn't say Tiger had no money, I didn't say the training ground wasn't important, I didn't say that producing young talent wasn't important. It just seemed like a lot to spend that's all...

Back
Top Bottom