Pitch Dimensions

Made-in-Jericho

Serious question... in a game dominated by such fine margins (offside for example) why aren't pitch dimensions standardised? How come managers are allowed to determine (to some extent) the width of pitches or how long the grass grows?

Surely there should simply be a fixed, set size (just like the dimensions of the boxes and centre circle). This has always baffled me. Why not have gigantic goals, or tiny ones instead if these things are up for interpretation?

Answers on a standard postcard please.

We like (and need) a big pitch to play our best style football.

But my post was meant to be a funny dig at the EFL (p§ss-up in a brewery style)

It gets more problematic the further down the pyramid you go.
Even at a semi professional level, clubs often ground share with clubs of other sports, all vying for space and facilities on the same bit of land.

Serious question... in a game dominated by such fine margins (offside for example) why aren't pitch dimensions standardised? How come managers are allowed to determine (to some extent) the width of pitches or how long the grass grows?

Surely there should simply be a fixed, set size (just like the dimensions of the boxes and centre circle). This has always baffled me. Why not have gigantic goals, or tiny ones instead if these things are up for interpretation?

Answers on a standard postcard please.

Haven't a clue.

A reason why Anfield can’t host Euro 2024 games is because their pitch is 101 metres long which is too short by 4 metres according to UEFA guidelines.

A reason why Anfield can’t host Euro 2024 games is because their pitch is 101 metres long which is too short by 4 metres according to UEFA guidelines.
Makes sense for those tournaments but according to this it also excludes it from hosting European club finals which seems pointless when you consider teams have played on pitches of all sizes right up to the final

Makes sense for those tournaments but according to this it also excludes it from hosting European club finals which seems pointless when you consider teams have played on pitches of all sizes right up to the final

Poor poor Liverpool....

Imagine your biggest rival getting a brand new staduim good enough to host UEFA tournaments, but yours cannot :)

Back
Top Bottom